Post your longest burnout measured.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lankeeyankee

Reaction score
I wanted to start this thread to see if any others have measured there mark left by there VMAX.
I had a neighbor one time ask me "Just how long can you burn that rear tire" This was back about 5 years ago and I had burnouts at every stop sign to and from my house, when I gave directions "Once you get off the main road just follow the black marks and you will see a smiley face made from a burnout in front of my house with a T burnout in my driveway!
Back to my neighbor, so I said I dont know I never measured it I am guessing over 200 ft long:confused2:
Now this isnt a lame ass burnout that takes no skill such as sitting with your front brake on, that shows nothing I can smoke the rear tire on my scooter, brake burnouts are for Harleys, HP burnouts are left acclerating.
So, I pulled out of my driveway as he stood at by his mailbox waiting for a smokey show. I clicked it up into 2nd gear, leaned forward tached it up to 7500 and dumped it, laying over the tank with my legs stretched out the rear using to balance me I spun the rear tire up to around 75MPH!. looking back at the purty smoke and my neighbor clapping!. Turned around and we measured 251 FT!:clapping:

Have you measured yours? NO front brake, just dumping it and keeping it spinning till it stops or you blow your motor, hopefully you know the limit.

No picture, but somewhere around 1/8th mile or so. Very slow rolling burnout so there was about as much control as anyone could ask for. I think we have the video somewhere. I checked and it isn't one of the videos we have on youtube. Might even have picture of aftermath of the week with tons of marks.

Sean

Tires cost to damn much to just spin them off... The only times it spins is unintentional...:whistlin:

My spinning days are numbered....I just ordered a shinko for the rear! gonna burn the 'ol bridgestone off good once I receive the shinko!

No brake used at all just from a slow roll with the old tire on the 'Busa I managed to spin it (guesstimate) 500 feet. (In between the 330 and 660 foot in the 1/8th) That tire was worthless, especially on a stretched bike. Like I said, I could have made it longer if I wanted to ride the front brake or shift a gear, that was just a snap of the throttle in first gear until it ran out of gear. :D

no brake used at all just from a slow roll with the old tire on the 'busa i managed to spin it (guesstimate) 500 feet. (in between the 330 and 660 foot in the 1/8th) that tire was worthless, especially on a stretched bike. Like i said, i could have made it longer if i wanted to ride the front brake or shift a gear, that was just a snap of the throttle in first gear until it ran out of gear. :d

Squid!

p.s., damn, that sounds like fun.

Squids are new guys that don't know or can't ride for shit. Hooligans are trouble makers that may or may not be able to ride.

Sean

Will have to travel to Wasaga beach, On and measure..... was a good looooong one, a Harley rider decided to rev his hooptie at a stop light and pissed me off. Figured a first to second rolling burnout would show him. My friend that was with me said his lower jaw hit the tank :biglaugh:

No picture, but somewhere around 1/8th mile or so. Very slow rolling burnout so there was about as much control as anyone could ask for. I think we have the video somewhere. I checked and it isn't one of the videos we have on youtube. Might even have picture of aftermath of the week with tons of marks.

Sean

Your saying you can spin the rear tire 660Feet with no brake?
Maybe on a grass field taking off in 3rd I have spun the tire at the dragstrip also, but that wasnt one long black mark, more like breaking the tire loose with each shift

No brake used at all just from a slow roll with the old tire on the 'Busa I managed to spin it (guesstimate) 500 feet. (In between the 330 and 660 foot in the 1/8th) That tire was worthless, especially on a stretched bike. Like I said, I could have made it longer if I wanted to ride the front brake or shift a gear, that was just a snap of the throttle in first gear until it ran out of gear. :D

No offense man and not wanting to hurt your feelings but your boooosa is so wonderful is getting old. Your like the skinny chick going to weight watchers saying how you can eat what you want and it doesnt effect your weight. I know it will piss you off but all you do now is talk about how great your busa is. Also the first sentence is

"I wanted to start this thread to see if any others have measured there mark left by there VMAX"

BOOOSA BOOOOSA BOOOOOSA :deadhorse:

I think others are feeling the same way, but you know me I speak what I feel. Dont get me wrong I like the Busa and yours looks great, but damn dude.

OK I've been trying to figure it out but can't.
What's the difference between a squid and a hooligan?

From what I heard is they call the young kids that ride there tupperware big liter bikes.

When they wreck them they look like a squid on the road from the speed.
I dont think I have to go into detail but I think you get the mental picture of a motorcycle accident at speeds of 180MPH

No that was with brake control. You said anyone can do a standing burnout.

I say not like I do. Ever tried to shift up to fifth during your burnout (manually)?

Ever tried sitting on the bike and riding it while during a burnout and controlling the brake to keep your speed under 5mph. It's not all that easy.

I'm not sure what the longest burnout from a standing start is. Never bothered to measure. I think I have a video somewhere showing a pretty long one. I need to get off my tail and get that stuff.

Sean

From what I heard is they call the young kids that ride there tupperware big liter bikes.

When they wreck them they look like a squid on the road from the speed.
I dont think I have to go into detail but I think you get the mental picture of a motorcycle accident at speeds of 180MPH

Well, THAT certainly gives it a different perspective! Yuk!! :stretche:

How in the hell can you take a picture of a burno out mark on the road that is 250 ft long? :confused2:

Well, if you move out of the disposable camera row, you'll see other cameras have an adjustable lens so you can zoom out to get that picture! :biglaugh:

Back