Post your longest burnout measured.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come back Yankee???

4000 threads ago you could read about my 99 busa...just search ;)

When you have a clue you can ask me about the AR/& Trim on the compressor side!

BOOOOSA'S BOOOOOSA'S BOOOOOSA'S I am so tired of hearing about Booooosa's You Boooosa's owners remind me corvette owners.....

If any of you iliterate f'rs could read this was the LONGEST BURN OUT WITH NO I will repeat NO BRAKES on YOUR VMAX..

Keywords here "NO BRAKE VMAX" Now do explain what a Boooosa with holding the front brake has to do with this thread along with Coors Light Cans sitting next to another 3rd grade science project?
:th_favorites24:

Someone needs to start a JUNKYARD thread

"My Booosa is the best and here is why"

Do any of you Boooosa riders where a do rag while out doing power brake burnouts.. Or is it just when you are in Neatruel bouncing it off the rev limiter?

Come back Yankee???

4000 threads ago you could read about my 99 busa...just search ;)

When you have a clue you can ask me about the AR/& Trim on the compressor side!

BOOOOSA'S BOOOOOSA'S BOOOOOSA'S I am so tired of hearing about Booooosa's You Boooosa's owners remind me corvette owners.....

If any of you iliterate f'rs could read this was the LONGEST BURN OUT WITH NO I will repeat NO BRAKES on YOUR VMAX..

Keywords here "NO BRAKE VMAX" Now do explain what a Boooosa with holding the front brake has to do with this thread along with Coors Light Cans sitting next to another 3rd grade science project?
:th_favorites24:

Someone needs to start a JUNKYARD thread

"My Booosa is the best and here is why"

Do any of you Boooosa riders where a do rag while out doing power brake burnouts.. Or is it just when you are in Neatruel bouncing it off the rev limiter?

Lankee...

The 3rd grade science project (true Garrett t3/t4 hybrid) is something you will never understand since it's 2 grades above your learning comprehension.

Maybe that Boss Hoss your friend has can make more smoke??? Was that a single speed or powerglide model?

Shum Shum Shubba Shubba

I might be banned from this board and riding motorcycles forever but I am going to ask a really silly question and reveal something I probably shouldnt, especially on the V-Max forum...

How hard is it really, to do a rolling burnout??? This is the second V Max I have owned, 6th bike, been riding for 23 years and I have never ever done even a brake on Burn Out.
Flame suit on.

Reason I ask is the Star Touring group I ride with on the weekends is holding an event this saturday at a local dealer. There is a burnout contest and I want to represent the V Max Brotherhood. I am the only one that owns a Max in a group of over 100 riders and I am sure they will be expecting me to do one. I am quite confident I could do a front brake holding one. But to really impress them I want to try this. I do work at a big power plant with lots and lots of places for me to practice.
Just seems like 7500 rpm and second gear dump is a little nerve racking.
If I dont want to go that high on the rpm what would be a good rpm to start with with out stalling the bike or looking like an ass???

If you try at much of a lower RPM you will be fighting your front brake when the VMAX is pushing you forward. ( I'm in the learning stage myself ) Hold it high & dump it & you get a cool smoke show. I did it in my garage & it was pretty cool - smoked out the house & pissed off the wife. Tried it a week later in my driveway & I pushed forward about 6 feet 'till I had to let off it. Didn't have the revs high enough I'm sure. Oh well, goodbuy Bridgestone, hello Shinko. I guess that 6 footer is my longest to date now ! Maybe Lank' will post a "how to" video on burnouts for us newbies... Saw Sean's on Youtube & it was awesome, but that's waaaayyy beyond me at this stage.

Ok in order to do a burn out without dumping your bike or bending valves.

If you are hesitant about it you will dump the bike due to the fear of whacking the gas wide open to get the tire to spin with little push, meaning push is when the tire tries to grab and move the bike forward, this with the front brake applied you will dump your bike and I dont think this is a show you want to perform.

To learn first.
Try and find a puddle of water not very deep, DONT GET THE FRONT TIRE WET.
Back up allowing the rear tire to just enter the water.
Put the bike in 1st gear.
Stand up leaning a lil forward over the faux.
Apply the front brake tightly.
Push forward on the handlebars.
Now all in the same motion.......
Whack the throttle hard and quick as your slinging the clutch out, Your RPMS should jump up to 8500-9000 ease out of the gas once the tire is spinning down to around 7000 RPM's and sit down on the seat and admire the smoke show!
When you feel you have burned enough money off the tire let off the front brake, You can either ride it out with the gas still on or let off the gas...

As I stated, if you are scared about the clutch release and whacking the throttle hard, dont try a burn out.....

If you are slow it will cause the bike to want to push, you want the quickness shock of the tire to break loose and than its easy no pressure really pushing the bike forward... If something doesnt feel right LET OFF THE BRAKE RIGHT AWAY!
watch

No problem getting 200HP. I was talking to a guy this past friday at the track with a stock engine, header and dry NOS running 126MPH 5.60's in the 1/8 mile thats about 225-245HP.

must be running a 75 shot lmfao, because no busa without internals done is getting anywhere near 200hp before the nitrous. He'll be lucky t

must be running a 75 shot lmfao, because no busa without internals done is getting anywhere near 200hp before the nitrous. He'll be lucky t

I dont see your point to the response. I wasnt watching him on a dyno but to make 126 MPH in the 1/8 I would guess he is making in the range of 225HP
Are you saying a stock internal busa engine cant handle a 75HP shot of Nitrous?:confused2: or he was bullshiting about it being stock internals?
Just impressive to take a stock motor on nitrous (as he stated) and run 126MPH in the 1/8.. Not the fastest busa compared to Archiball running 155+ on a street busa,, and yes I realize its not a stock engine by NO means. Turbo Nitrous stretched street outlaw bike.

I'm saying that if he's running 5.60's then he's either running a fucking enourmous shot of nitrous, or he's blowing smoke up your ass about the stock internals (most likely what's happening). It's not uncommon for 190hp bikes to run in the 120's with the right gearing, but his ET is stupid fast. I guess some headwork, a 64" wheelbase, and a 40 shot would probably get him there with a light rider and the right air. You need to try to get some seat time on that thing.

With good air, and a light rider it should'nt take alot of nitrous to push a stk motored Busa to 5.6's. Lankee is prolly close in that it should take just around 200rwhp to pull 126mph. Thing is that though 5.6's is quick for sure, the mph shows the rider did not optimize the combination. I've personally been 5.7's on stone stk motored ZX-14. It did have the usual bolt-ons(pipe/pc/geared/stretched/mr9 fuel). The bike was prolly right around 180rwhp. No nitrous. DA was 2500ft and i was 200 suited at the time. Pulled 122mph in the 1/8. When the air got worse, i lost 1mph and just under .1. Heck, put a light rider on and good air, then your right there with both mph and et.
I've also personally pulled 123mph in the 1/8 on a stone stk motored Busa(04 model, even stk exhaust) with a dry shot. The bike was at stk wheelbase, so the mph could have been better if longer and starting the shot in the top of 1st. This was on pump gas no less.
Not trying to start any flame, just stating that it is very possible.

Carried over.......

What are the plus's & minus's of doing a burnout in either first gear or second ? It seems easier to me to use first gear, but I've heard that's harder on the drivetrain. Why is that ?

Most perform a burnout in 2nd gear due to the tire speed is higher.
1) Less engine RPM to achieve the tire speed to get heat.
2) More smoke more tire speed.
3) Less time to achieve heat in the tire.

With second geaR BURNOUTS on the street without water to get the tire to spin takes a more aggresive approach to break the tire loose. Its actually harder IMO a 2nd gear burnout on the tranny but easier on the motor due to you dont need as much RPMS once the tire is spinning.

Hey Lankee
Thanks for the post. I do appreciate it. I did not have the chance to try it yet. Missed the gathering as my ankle surgery got postponed unitl later that day and didnt come out of my anthesia fog till later in the afternoon. I will hit it sometime this week and let you know. Thanks again
Cheers:punk:

Hey Lankee
Thanks for the post. I do appreciate it. I did not have the chance to try it yet. Missed the gathering as my ankle surgery got postponed unitl later that day and didnt come out of my anthesia fog till later in the afternoon. I will hit it sometime this week and let you know. Thanks again
Cheers:punk:

I am currently in the process of trying to make a video of this 2 part, first video of the tach and 2nd part a side view. I have a web cam duct taped to my helmet with a USB going to a laptop in a backpack LOL!! Converting a file now of a test ride,, Its cold as hell out here, I may finish this project another day. Hope you feel better man

ever thought of just using a digital camera? better quality, less cumbersom, and a 1gb sd card will take approximately 10 min of video.

Back