progressive spring question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
I just watched sean's video. In the vid, the progressive spring was 1/4 inch longer than stock. If I only change the spring, is it critical that I take the 1/4 inch off the spacer.:ummm:
Don't know how to do a poll, but I'm curious to see which is preferred. progressive or racetech (springs only). My main application would be basic riding and drag racing. hard cornering is not a concern.

I followed the Progressive Installation Instructions and I cut 9/16" off of the PVC Spacers they provide.
I personally like the Progressive Fork Springs alot.
They are comfortable on the Highway but tighten/stiffen up quickly in the twisties or on hard braking.
The Stock Spring Nose Dive problem is completely gone.

I haven't ever ridden a bike with the RaceTech Springs but from what I've read they are Stiff all the time (since they are Not progressively wound).

You can leave the extra length but it will make it a little stiffer.

I followed the Progressive Installation Instructions and I cut 9/16" off of the PVC Spacers they provide.
I personally like the Progressive Fork Springs alot.
They are comfortable on the Highway but tighten/stiffen up quickly in the twisties or on hard braking.
The Stock Spring Nose Dive problem is completely gone.

I haven't ever ridden a bike with the RaceTech Springs but from what I've read they are Stiff all the time (since they are Not progressively wound).

+1, I also have no Race Tech experiance either, but like my progressive so I've seen no need to change. Like Sean mentioned if you want progressives to be a little stiffer leave the preload spacer some measure longer than called for. Or order up some of Jedi's fork preload spacers (From Sean) then dial back preload for smooth cruising on freeway or tighten up to hit the twisties.
You can leave the extra length but it will make it a little stiffer.
+1, also will make getting the cap back on the fork a much more difficult. (I know!:bang head:)

Latest posts

Back