Put a V-rod and it`s rider to shame today

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stock 1250 Vrod vs stock '06 Vmax.. Didn't get a chance to drag them, but instead did a 40mph, 4th gear roll-on. The Max held him off about a half-bike's length up to around 95 or so and then started to walk away. Not bad considering a 40mph roll-on isn't exactly the Max's greatest strength.

You were in the wrong gear , and welcome to the addiction . :rofl_200:

Thanks! I love this forum! Yea, it would have been better to roll in 3rd. Would have clobbered him for sure! I was in 4th at 40mph, 3100rpm...still outran the Rod! LOL

You should do better than the Vrod (like you did :thumbs up:) because we out torque them by about 10 ft/lbs, stock to stock. (compared a '09 Musclerod dyno figures).
I have not run into any bike around here that wants to run me. (besides my brother on his fz-1 and I can still pull him first 2 gears)

The Max can whip the Rod. No problem. I was nearly lugging mine at 3100rpm in 4th when we rolled and still had him by two bike lengths when I let off at 100+. Next time I won't be so generous. :biglaugh:

I ride with a couple of guys with Harleys. I like their bikes and they like my Max, but they're always telling me I should trade it in for a Harley. I don't think so! I love my small-block Chevy on two wheels! :punk:

The Max can whip the Rod. No problem. I was nearly lugging mine at 3100rpm in 4th when we rolled and still had him by two bike lengths when I let off at 100+. Next time I won't be so generous. :biglaugh:

I ride with a couple of guys with Harley's. I like their bikes and they like my Max, but they're always telling me I should trade it in for a Harley. I don't think so! I love my small-block Chevy on two wheels! :punk:
Ha Ha, I'm sure they know this or at least realize it now. You're probably right that they will always try to get you to change. Stay strong while you enjoy your small block on two wheels!
I have friends that have Harley's as well, they have a ton of money into them and although I can appreciate their rides, I just prefer something with more giddy up!:biglaugh:

it just warms my heart to hear stories like this.
i can't wait for my boss to break his out this summer.

,wait till you hit the city limits bagger and i'm gonna smoke your ass so bad.unfortunatelly he turned into a bar right at the edge of town so i didnt get my chance but he is local and eventually i'm sure i'll get the chance to introduce him to the max.

Why wait for the city limits? You'll take a hardly off the line, on a roll on, or in top end. Probably a safe bet that every time you see a HD on the road, it's either going to or coming from a bar that caters to the 500 mile/year Officially Licensed and Endorsed crowd.

Last year, before I quit going, I stopped by wal mart to pick something up. On my my thru the parking lot I noticed a silver v-rod parked in the next row over. When I came back out of wal mart, I saw this guy up and checking out my vmax. Yup, is was the v-rod owner. We chatted for a bit, he seemed pretty nice. He would not stop saying how awesome the vmax was. He said he always wanted a vmax, for over 20 years, and didn't even know the vmax was still in production. I kinda feel bad for the guy. I got the impression he regrets getting the v-rod because he could have had a vmax instead!

My Max has been up against quite a few of them here around Houston, there are quite a few of these around, never lost to one of them yet.

Except out at the track one nigh a guy beat me 3 times in a row by about 2 bike lengths...Like WTF...I was running 11.30's and low 11.40's

Found out later it had a very nicely concealed supercharger sitting under that fake tank cover, the damn thing was so loud you couldn't hear any blower whine..

Woulda thought a Blown Vrod would beat a Max worse than that,,,,Makes me feel like I won...

not a surprise rusty, the way you handle a bike makes up for lost horsepower. just wish i was as confident!!

Latest posts

Back