Race Tech Spring Swap

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m-cman

Alien Abductee
Reaction score
I have the 1.0 Race Tech front springs and they are just too stiff for my weight. According to the Race Tech website, I should have the .90 rated springs. Part of the problem is I have lost 37 pounds (187 to 150) but I think the 1.0 was probably too heavy even for my previous weight.

So, anyone have the .90 springs and want the 1.0 rating ones? If so, I propose an even swap while it is winter and the bikes are down. Should be a direct and easy swap. If you are not sure, go to the RT website and see what rating is recommended for your weight.

I know this is a long shot but thought I would give it a try anyway. :confused2:

Definitely worth a shot.
That is exactly why I choose to go with Progressive Springs, too many guys said the Racetechs they chose were too stiff.

My fault for not going with the recommendations. I went with one stiffer than recommended for my weight then the weight loss made it two stiffer than needed. Anyone buying Race Tech, go with the recommended rating for your weight.

I'm running .95 and weigh in at 210 they are stiff and perfect for my riding style. I couldn't imagine how stiff that thing must be with that heavy of a spring. Its a pain in the ass but once you get it right you'll love the racetec

Sent from my ONE_TOUCH_960C using Tapatalk 2

I've always wondered, how do those springs work for 2 up riding? My progressives are almost a little too soft for my liking right now.

sent from my HTC Rezound using tapatalk

I've always wondered, how do those springs work for 2 up riding? My progressives are almost a little too soft for my liking right now.

Can't help with this one.. my wife wont ride with me, she loves speed........and control.

You can stiffen them up by adding more preload or heavier oil. I would try one inch more preload first and see if that helps. You can always go back. Easy to change. I use 15wt fork oil but most use 10wt. Heavier weight oil slows down compression and rebound. More preload stiffens the spring. I like a stiffer front end as I like the corners but mine is way too stiff for me now.

I have a set of preload adjusters on my progressive springs, and I love them. I have them about 1.5 inches down, and they are fairly stiff.

I know that Sean sells some.

Yup. I'm pretty sure Sean sells some pretty nice ones. But I doubt that will solve his problem with the springs being to heavy.

Yup. I'm pretty sure Sean sells some pretty nice ones. But I doubt that will solve his problem with the springs being to heavy.

True...but thats why I replied to srk468.

since my springs are completely gone and I like a soft ride, I suspect that the Progressives will do me nicely. I like my ride, I just don't like the dive I would experience if I had brakes.

Brakes are over rated.

since my springs are completely gone and I like a soft ride, I suspect that the Progressives will do me nicely. I like my ride, I just don't like the dive I would experience if I had brakes.

Brakes are over rated.

Lol... yea who needs brakes anyway.

Back