Radial tires with front stock

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run the 120 70 18 Metz ME880 Front on stock 85 wheel without much a noticeable variance in the speedo. 180 55 18 Metz ME880 Rear.

I didnt have any problems with beading the front. Tire looks fine on the stock wheel. The contact patch dont look to be affected with the narrow rim.

thanks for the info!

i went 120/70-18 front, 190/50/17 rear with the shinko 011 verge. i'll update some reviews once i get them, the swingarm and the wheel.

$213 shipped from bikebandit. there was a seller on ebay with a set of 011 but different sizes for 188 with shipping. i may ask when it comes about time to switch next time if they'd offer a deal in the sizes i want.

i went 120/70-18 front, 190/50/17 rear with the shinko 011 verge. i'll update some reviews once i get them, the swingarm and the wheel.

$213 shipped from bikebandit. there was a seller on ebay with a set of 011 but different sizes for 188 with shipping. i may ask when it comes about time to switch next time if they'd offer a deal in the sizes i want.

are you sure the 190 will fit in your swingarm?

Yeah he will be fine I have the 180 and have plenty of room left. It makes a difference on your wheel width also. If is a narrower rim it will suck in the tire more to fit larger tires.

Lets See The Pics?

tires are ordered. swingarm should be shipped today or tomorrow i believe. wheel is shipped yesterday or today. powder this weekend. mounted maybe by the following weekend.

Would like to see pics of the swingarm when you get it, I will also probably go with Sean's swingarm when it is time for a new rear tire. Last I talked to Sean, he said they were working on a new design for their swingarm that will fit with a Mark's 4-2 exhaust.

Is this what yours will looks like?

Attachments

• MorleySwingArm.jpg
    MorleySwingArm.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 36
nah mines a drop hoop since i have a walker it should fit no problemo!

got the 190 tire in today. man thats a thing of beauty!

That swingarm design is, uhmm, familiar.........(well, in my head anyway!)

I was just looking at the swingarm today thinking on how to brace it (don't want the old girl to end up like my old Zed........with umpteen frame cracks!), and thought, why not just weld a hoop straight to each arm?

DAMN! Synchronisity! :biglaugh:

so these shinkos are on sale now...

ALMOST as cheap as the tourmasters, haha:

http://www.bikebandit.com/shinko-011-verge-radial-motorcycle-tire

$60 front, $110 for a 190 rear, not a bad price. i may pick up another rear.

i don't like how the 120 cups so much up front, i'd rather do a 110 or 100 I think, but overall it seems like a great tire..

Common It does looking good, eh? :biglaugh:

dsc04405n.jpg

How about the any sport bike front 17"?

Just an adapters and here ya go.
We will figure out something.
I should have some time at winter.

Oh and btw.
If anyone is intrested with zx9 rear and my current complete rear end they will be for sell at winter with very good price.
The zx is almost done, with all adapters, caliper bracket, clutch hub and bearings in place.
Unfortunetly customer resign from this project. Need to sell.

I need some funds for another crazy project :biglaugh:

How about the any sport bike front 17"?

Just an adapters and here ya go.
We will figure out something.
I should have some time at winter.

Oh and btw.
If anyone is intrested with zx9 rear and my current complete rear end they will be for sell at winter with very good price.
The zx is almost done, with all adapters, caliper bracket, clutch hub and bearings in place.
Unfortunetly customer resign from this project. Need to sell.

I need some funds for another crazy project :biglaugh:

i'd be very interested in converting to a sport bike front wheel, but depends on price and options:

1. i'd want to keep my current speedo setup (although it would be very off) so i'd have to think about it.
2. would nto want to modify forks or front suspension
3. would like to keep rotors/calipers.

u have any idea if all thats possible?

Lets just say You will pay for shipping and You will owe me a beer in distant future LOL

Speedo can be keept but You will need diffrent gearing which is easy swap form fz??? I bealive.

Forks will stay untouched as with the rotors.

Like Im sayin, only adaptors!

Lets just say You will pay for shipping and You will owe me a bear in distant future LOL

Speedo can be keept but You will need diffrent gearing which is easy swap form fz??? I bealive.

Forks will stay untouched as with the rotors.

Like Im sayin, only adaptors!

i hope you meant beer not bear? b/c beer i can do, trapping a bear might prove difficult! hahaha..

i'd pay u shipping tomorrow if thats the case...

i'll PM you...

so this morning it was still damp out from the overnight showers. decided to test the tire. at a stoplight, gunned it, front end in the air, no rear end slipage. not bad on a road that was saturated. no standing water but very close...

How much could cost a radial tire conversion front and rear ready to bold ?
Aftermarket wheels can already be a little pricey so I wonder if a conversion is the way to go.

Back