rear brake light. whats available?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ That looks Great, jagco.
Thanks for the pictures and info. :D
I have both the running light (with a 100 ohm resistor inline to dim it a little) and brake light (no resistor) wires connected on mine but never saw it next to the stocker until you posted those pictures.
I knew it was bright but didn't realize it's actually brighter than the stock light.

I'm going to try some black paint on the inner fender and I will probably shave some of the black plastic as well before I am finished with mine.
If I'm not happy with the black paint, I'll add some black foam tape like you did.

At night the bike lights up very good. The blue lights reflects of the sissy bar from the sides.

Thanks when you bought your light, I bought mind about week after you if I remember right.

Attachments

• P1050320.jpg
    P1050320.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 23
  • P1050323.jpg
    P1050323.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 24
  • P1050371.JPG
    P1050371.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 31
The blue seat-area lights will get you an equipment ticket in FL. They even stop emergency vehicles if someone spec'ed the vehicle wrong, if it isn't a LEO's vehicle. I just was at the local EMS fire chiefs' meeting and that was one of the topics of discussion, more-of an admonishment, "Just don't!" from the county gov't.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?mode=View Statutes&SubMenu=1&App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=red+light&URL=0300-0399/0316/Sections/0316.2397.html

"Jes doan' gimme no stinkin' Wikipedia"

Man, you guy are making this hard... No cutting?
None at all.
I did have to remove a little rubber from the grommets that are in the tail light mounting holes because the cat eye tail light bolts would have been a tad too short other wise.
But basically you just remove the stock light and mount this one in it's place.

The blue seat-area lights will get you an equipment ticket in FL. They even stop emergency vehicles if someone spec'ed the vehicle wrong, if it isn't a LEO's vehicle. I just was at the local EMS fire chiefs' meeting and that was one of the topics of discussion, more-of an admonishment, "Just don't!" from the county gov't.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?mode=View Statutes&SubMenu=1&App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=red+light&URL=0300-0399/0316/Sections/0316.2397.html

Thanks for the info. I ride with few Police officers friends.
I did ask not a problem. The blue light stays on as running lights to match the blue paint on the bike. The red light motion only comes on when I hit the brakes. I been pull over for tickets but not the lights. The lights was install last year. I did find out if the was on the front flashing and rear I may have to remove them. But as a brake it's find..
The way I have it hook up.

You do not want to get caught running the streets with them blue lights here in Maine. The same reason as Florida. You can have them on if you're just sitting in a parking lot or whatnot...

You do not want to get caught running the streets with them blue lights here in Maine. The same reason as Florida. You can have them on if you're just sitting in a parking lot or whatnot...

Even though never had a problem from states a been through.
I check with the guy, I ride sometimes is a police officer.

Had side - blue lights are not to be used on the rear of vehicles./ motorcycles, fronts only. aslong as they do not operate static mode. then your ok...

Action this year by the Maryland General Assembly is designed to enhance safety on the roadways, particularly motorcycle safety. Three bills were passed the legislature and signed into law by Governor Martin O’Malley. The new laws include:

• A dramatic increase in the penalty for drivers who fail to yield the right of way and contribute to a crash that results in death or serious bodily injury (In effect since July 8)
  • Additional LED lighting is permitted on motorcycles to increase visibility (In effect since June 1)
  • The legal definition of a motorcycle has been expanded to include three wheel vehicles.

I did a lot of reading on this online wow I change the front to white for daytime.
Thanks for the info.

Yes, we are now selling these. $75 with exchange of the reflector. They are made to order so they do take some time to prepare.

Back