Rear Wheel problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcmem8

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I got a new back tire today, when I got home (which was an hour drive from the bike shop) the guy from the bike shop phoned me to tell me he just found a bush from my back wheel which they accidently forgot to put in.
He is coming to pick up my bike the day after tomorrow (which I suppose is nice even though they scratched my bike while replacing the tire :bang head:) but I am not sure what the bush that they left out does or if there could be some damage already done.
Does anyone know what this bush could be and if there will be any damage?
Cheers lads :confused2:

The only thing I take off is the washer on the right between the swingarm and brake strut. Maybe for their tire machine they removed the inner sleeve +? I'd make sure they pick the bike up with a flat bed. I think I'd want to be there for the missing part install. Ask to have that wheel checked too, while ya watch. That's why i don't let the stealer touch my bike. I'm sure there is ARE reputable dealers too. But, none out my way. Bought tire tools years ago, used dyna beads this time. Don't have to worry how my bike is being treated. I buy sunglasses from the stealer when they're on sale, that's it. Sean has everything else I need.
Steve-o

Stuffs me what they left out,how can you leave out a "bush"maybe he meant a washer? But he said a Bush. It didn't feel weird riding it home although I was taking it easy being a new tire and raining (not that I need to make excuses for taking it easy lol) I wish I could be there to see what he is talking about but I will be at work. At least he rang and was honest about there mistake.
It's been one of those days! oh well at least im not a starving kid in a third world country ay.

It's either going to be the inner bushing on the left side for the caged bearing or the washer on the right side (which you can maybe see by looking behind the brake stay). If you can see the bearing that's what is missing.

Sean

Will either of those parts cause damage by not being in place, as i rode for 1hour with out one of them?
Cheers.

The bushing on the left side (that fits in the bearing) would not let the wheel sit correctly and put some pretty excessive loads on the rear diff. It may survive the ordeal. The washer/bushing on the right side won't be as critical but can cause some additional load on the bearing so you need to get it back on there. The biggest thing it might do is offset the caliper so the pads and caliper aren't aligned correctly.

Sean

Thanks very much for that info, I think it was the bush from the left side, I can only hope that there is no damage.
Cheers guys :)

Without that bushing all the load to hold the wheel parralel would have been through the splined drive. It's not designed to support the load in normal use but I would think a short duration like that shouldn't hurt it much.

Sean

you could always argue you want new bearings.

Could they be talking about the bushing that goes between the wheel and the rear brake bracket that sits in the seal? Had something similar happen to me once and luckily I realized that there was a problem while putting the rear wheel back on.

Got the bushing back on, they gave me a six month warranty.
Wow how good do new tires feel!
Happy again :)

Got the bushing back on, they gave me a six month warranty.
Wow how good do new tires feel!
Happy again :)

How much longer is your riding season? Might be well advised to ride the hell out of it and first sign of an issue get yer ass back in there and then supervise any and all wrenching! Good luck brother.

Latest posts

Back