Replacing stuff that breaks with new stuff

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedi-

Reaction score
Thought I would post for interests sake. Kinda what I do for a living.
A spectacular failure on someones planetary drive out of earth moving equipment. Options are to replace with factory replacement parts usually at huge cost or come to someone like us who specialize in the industry.

We have manufactured all new components including the planetary housing.

Attachments

• work 014 (Large).jpg
    work 014 (Large).jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 48
  • work 002 (Large).jpg
    work 002 (Large).jpg
    58 KB · Views: 42
  • work 010 (Large).jpg
    work 010 (Large).jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 43
Nice work Jedi!! :clapping:

Do you work from prints or mic the broken stuff.

I worked in the machine shop of a huge book binding factory, which had all kinds of weird machinery. The mechanics would bring broken stuff down to us "can you make a new one of these"?

It was a cool job, every day a totally different set of challenges.

I really would like to learn how to machine metal. I have built a few things out of wood but I really like how parts designed then carved out of a chunk of metal too.
I think in my next life I would like to come back as a machinist or the next Hugh Hefner....but probably the machinist first:rofl_200::rofl_200:

Do you work from prints or mic the broken stuff.

Both, we often work from drawings or have to make assumptions about sizes from worn components. The work is diverse and varies using all kinds of different materials and we manufacture a huge range of components.

Back