Ride to Hell!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, I just got caught up on this thread and it made my stomach turn when I read this about your son, I hope all is well and your son has a fast recovery. As far as this ride goes, please do not feel any obligation to pursue this event or It's planning. we can take it from here, just focus on your family. Thanks you for the time and effort you have spent on this event but we understand priorities.

We understand. We all can chat with you until than.

Just to let everyone know my son's liver level'e are still up and I might not make the trip. that being said the doc told him he might be able to go home on saturday. If he make's home on saturday and is doing good i will ride. Beekeeper is leading this ride and its one that i dont want to miss. I will keep Beekeeper posted. If i dont make the ride you guys have a safe fun ride.

I was going to ride up with Vmax-Mike from Adrian, but since that may not happen, I need to find out where everyone is meeting up. Can somebody give me an address or location that I can mapquest or put in my gps?

Thanks

We will be taking columbia hwy out of charlotte to mason mi. m-36 to dexter trail to carter to m-36 to lakeland mi. We will eat at zukie lake tavern around 11:30 in lakeland. Than we can take kress rd to the lake area and across to hell. We should be in hell at 130 2pm. Than we can go the back way to onondaga. We should make onondaga bar around 3 or 4. Meet time in charlotte is. 9am. Will this work for everyone. By everyone I mean the charlotte riders and the riders that will meet us for lunch in lakeland. Chuck lakeland is only 12 miles from hell. Will this work for you.

Hey Sarchin,
I'm riding down from Midland and plan to be at the Zukie Lake tavern for the 11:30 am meet time; unless I hear otherwise. I think Chuck (2Fear) from Muskegon is planning to do the same. Try typing "Lakeland, Mi" into your gps. Shouldn't be any problem finding the tavern on Zukey Lake.
Looks like you just need to stay on north US23, go around Ann Arbor, continue north to catch M-36 going west from the Whitmore Lake exit.
Hope this helps.

Mike - hope your son's feeling better soon !

Steve is looking better. Hope he can come home this weekend. He had a blood draw today and we will no more saturday. Thanks to everyone. Thank you.

I'm sad to say that I won't be able to make this ride, I'm on the tail end of a week and a half long sickness myself. I don't think this long of a ride in the 35 degrees low temp predicted will do me any good. I waited to the last minute in hope that I would feel up to it but I don't want to chance it. I will be posting up the lakeshore lunch color tour from Muskegon to Ludington soon, It will be next weekend or the weekend after. It will depend on the weather, ride safe guys and post up some pics.

Bummer Chuck, it would be nice to have you along but taking care of ourselves is most important!...........You get well and I look foreward to the color ride with you soon!.........I plan on shooting pics and will get them posted up.............Tom.

Steve is doing good. If things stay as is or get better I will get to ride. Steve and I want to thank you for all the support. Steve is feeling alot better. He has been jokingly calling me godfather Vmax. I gess that's better than grandpa Vmax.

Mike, great to hear your son Steve is feeling better. Hope you're able to ride on Sunday.

Unfortunately my wife is having issues with some new meds not working properly yet (joint pains), and I need to be here with her for the next couple days til this gets figured out. I just left a voice message with Tom letting him know I won't be riding down for the "Ride to Hell" event. Hope to catch a ride with you all before there's snow on the ground ! :clapping:

Have a great time. Forecast is summy all day w/ cool temps in the am but warming to the 60's in the pm. Ride fast & ride safe !! :punk:

You guys have fun. A safe trip for all those who show up! In 1971 I used to ride up & down uS 27 from I-94 north to E. Lansing when I went to college in MI. Back then it was a CB 77 305 Honda Scrambler. You could ride dirt roads from Battle Creek to Olivet or Charlotte. On a beautiful day you are hard-pressed to find better riding than in MI. At one point Mi led the nation in Mcy ownership/registrations, and I think was #2 in boats. You are never far from lakes in MI especially in the countryside. Enjoy all those roads curving around the water and don't forget to stop for some fresh produce to take home from the roadside stands.

Thanks for the call Jeff, just stay home and keep your wife comfortable!...........Maybe the color ride will work out, if not we will get plenty of time next year with the VMOA events and the Thunder in the valley trip!.....................Take care and we'll keep you both in our prayers...................Tom.

Kosrider I have alot of joint pain. When her meds don't work tell her to keep moving by using a stabilaty ball. Do light stretching squats and sit ups. When my wife told me to do this I rolled my eyes. But I found out that it works better than anything else. Just don't over do it. Tell her I feel for her. It can be a drug out hell.

Firemedic..............Next time you get up this way during riding season you make sure to have your Max in tow, we can all get together and buzz the countryside, and while we're out there we'll hit up one of those roadside stands, while we're munching an apple or pear you can rattle off some of your happenings of days long ago and share trivia with us!........................I look foreward to it!.....................................Tom.

Our FEARLESS leader Tom the BEEKEEPER will be leading and filming our trip to HELL. We know that SLOBMAN, SLOBMAN freind, BEEKEEPER, BEEKEEPER friend, me VMAX-MIKE, will be on this trip for sure. Im still waiting to here from SARCHIN and DEVINE PLUMBING. We can still fit more people. This could be the last good day of the year so come ride to Hell with us. 2FEAR and WILDMAN It wont be the same without you guys. I hope the lansing vmaxers will join us on a sunday cruz to Hell.

I'm going, checked the tires and oil today. Everything looks good, and I will be heading out in the morning.

Vmax-Mike...we still meeting up in Adrian?

sarchin i will be in sears parking lot at 6:45 am awaiting your arrival.

Back