riding boots

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxcruzer

Reaction score
My riding boots have finally crapped out on me. And they don't make them anymore in that style so I was wondering if I could get some feed back on what you guys are wearing. I like mid shin, zip with velcrow closer, I also have a wide foot. i hate ordering them from the web or catalog for obviose reasons and my local shop is tiny and offer little advice.

my riding boots are... welll..... boots! $28 bucks at walmart for the tall brahma steel toe boots AND they double as work boots too!

I like Alpine Star. I won't do Velcro? though. To easily removed from the foot in an accident.

Mine have laces and those snap closures. Damn good boots too.

I have a set for the max that comes up and cover my ankles and then a full set for the SV that comes up below my knees. (Race style)

Chris

I just purchased new riding boots last week: Black Outlaw style MB445 (made by Milwaukee Motorcycle Clothing Co.) at Rocky's Motorcyle Accessories in Flint , MI. It's a solid riding boot. The boot height is 7 inches / one side zipper / 2 snap closuer instead of velcrow. Paid $93.00. Used them several times already & love them !

I just purchased new riding boots last week: Black Outlaw style MB445 (made by Milwaukee Motorcycle Clothing Co.) at Rocky's Motorcyle Accessories in Flint , MI. It's a solid riding boot. The boot height is 7 inches / one side zipper / 2 snap closuer instead of velcrow. Paid $93.00. Used them several times already & love them !

Welcome to our forum! :eusa_dance:

I like Alpine Star. I won't do Velcro? though. To easily removed from the foot in an accident.

Well they werent just velcrow they were full zip on the outside with a flap to cover the zipper held by velcrow.
Ive had the Milwaukee brand too, they're nice but the sole's are too heavy and I don't care for combat lugs for riding.

WELL...since my feet stopped growing 28 years ago I might as well invest in a good alpine star boot, I have tech 8's for dirt biking and love them. Werent cheap! Guess nothing good is.

Ya I like these a lot too @-@

I will need to get some properly waterproof boots sometime soon, and these sure look great and are at a decent price.

I went and bought the Frank thomas stunt rider boots. lol I do not stunt ride on purpose but hate riding with big bulky boots. I wanted better protection then tennis shoes. They look like a black high top's but have built in protection for your feet.

i used to just get a cheap pair of boots. it seemed i always had better use for $300 for parts instead of boots. i picked up a slightly used (twice) pair of alpinestars tech series boots for $35.00! they are fantastic. i have a shortened sidestand and they fit perfect between the shifter and the stand peg. i found them on one of the sportbike forum sites in the for sale threads. great place to find decent gear for cheap. you just gotta look around.

later odieoh24

:ummm: Hey Redbone, how do those Alpinestars hold up. Are they easy to walk in? Are they warm as well as water proof? How long do they last? Thanks, Spur

Ah ... boots. One of my favorite subjects.

I wear "Justin's" western boots everywhere. On the bike, to work, and yes ... I wear them to bed. Ok, the last one is a stretch.

Anyway, I love them. The only time I don't wear them on the bike is in the rain, and then I switch to rubber boots. Yup ... I've got one of my 4x pairs on as we speak. I'm also wearing jeans to my fancy pants law firm today .... hahaha ... I keep wondering when they are gonna kick me out.

PS: My jeans hang down lower ... I just pulled them up so you could see the shit kickers in their full glory.

Attachments

• SSPX0914.jpg
    SSPX0914.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 11
:ummm: Hey Redbone, how do those Alpinestars hold up. Are they easy to walk in? Are they warm as well as water proof? How long do they last? Thanks, Spur
2 seasons on them so far holding up well. Pretty good to walk in, only a couple of heavy rainstorms in them so far and no leaks. One of the rainstorms was a full rainsuit for 2.5 hours of freeway riding and they kept my feet warm and dry. They are warm so they might not work well in hot weather as a full time boot.
As Chris mentioned, I bought mine at New Enough and they are a first class company to deal with. I also bought my Joe Rocket Sonic jacket there too.

Back