Rotella engine ???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainednitromaxx

Reaction score
I keep hearing of people using 15-40 rotella t in there bikes. Is this a good idea? Is there any one know the pros and cons on this?

I used it for a short time in my 96 and did not like it, the shifting felt like it was notchy. Went back to Wolfshead and had no problems. I have talked to others that run Rotella T and they have had no problems with it , my understanding is it is a oil made for diesel engines and has a lot more durability to it not sure if this is true or not, just what I have been told. Later K.C.

I also heard conflicting info, but I've been using the Rotella-T 15W40 (mineral, not the synthetic one) in the heat of Florida for a year and a half, changing oil every 3-4000 miles, and had absolutely no problems - no clutch slippage, no prob shifting etc.

Gets my thumbs up for sure.

I also heard conflicting info, but I've been using the Rotella-T 15W40 (mineral, not the synthetic one) in the heat of Florida for a year and a half, changing oil every 3-4000 miles, and had absolutely no problems - no clutch slippage, no prob shifting etc.

Gets my thumbs up for sure.

Same here. I like it. Going to try it in the ufo soon.

I used it for a short time in my 96 and did not like it, the shifting felt like it was notchy. Went back to Wolfshead and had no problems. I have talked to others that run Rotella T and they have had no problems with it , my understanding is it is a oil made for diesel engines and has a lot more durability to it not sure if this is true or not, just what I have been told. Later K.C.

I saw the words Wolf Head and figured that this guy has to be from PA! LOL. I'm running rotella 15/40 with no issues but anything that needs some grease on it gets the old Wolfs Head "RED" grease.

Welcome to the site.

Have run Wolfs head in my cars and bikes for over 40 yrs. with no problems . Thanks for the welcome , I was here a few yrs. ago but the computer crashed 2 yrs. ago and just bought a new one . The Rotella T was just not good in my bike , don't know why . What part of Pittsburgh are you in?

I ran it in mine for a bit. Although it ran well (no clutch issues) I noticed my engine was louder. It seems to be a popular oil among the sport bike crowds up here too.

I switched to maxlife synthetic blend,in 10w/40 flavor, from Valvoline and everything quieted down in the valvetrain department and still runs great with no slipping.

I run the 5W40 Synthetic and have yet to have an issue. I run it in both of my bikes actually.

It's the Zinc that makes it great.

Please read the oil link in the VMF links for more M/C oil info.

Chris

Have run Wolfs head in my cars and bikes for over 40 yrs. with no problems . Thanks for the welcome , I was here a few yrs. ago but the computer crashed 2 yrs. ago and just bought a new one . The Rotella T was just not good in my bike , don't know why . What part of Pittsburgh are you in?

I'm north of town a bit in an area called Fawn Twp. Pretty close to the PGH Mills Mall.

I was using it but switched to motorcycle specific oil last change and the bike shifts a lot smoother now,

15-40 Rotella T in my 89, like it. Used in all the gas and diesel engines where I work, unless full synthetic is required.

If you have catalytic convertors on those gas motors Rotella will cause them to over heat and melt. Cats DO NOT like Zinc...

Chris

Back