Rusty McNeil needs your prayers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She can read! Proved it to me this afternoon. I can still barely understand her but she proved to me without a doubt she can read.

And here's one for the ages, she told Michelle's mother that she saw her Grandfather (they never met, he died years before Ryan was born) and said he was a very nice man. I heard this myself.

What do you do with that?

I'll be the first to admit I'm not particularly religious, I believe there IS a creator, a little fuzzy after that. But I'm a little overwhelmed with that one.

Wow, have been out of the loop on this thread for a while and am very excited to hear she is on the road to recovery!!

I firmly believe in God and the fact that he provides us what we need when we are in dire need of his help. The thought that her Grandfather was provided to help her in her time of need brightens my day and has made me think even more about what is done for us.

Excellent news Rusty, it looks like the Good Lord is working his magic for Ryan and your family. I will keep the good thoughts and prayers heading your way..

Hey Rusty, great news! Still hoping and praying for Ryan's full recovery.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Mike

Ah to be young and the creator designed the body to
have amazing recouperative powers. You and your family supporting her and encouraging her the whole time is therapeutic too! Sounds like you and the wife are the best thing to ever happen to Rye and have inculcated a strong will to fight and survive. All gifts you can never put a price on sir. Perhaps this is why she was put into your life Rusty. I hope there will be a day where you can say at her wedding or when she gives you a grandchild, " I knew this day would come " and be humbled by the odds she has overcome. This news has warmed my heart.

good news.

Ryan, who is still in intermediate icu, started tracking with her eyes today. Not like you or i but it's definetely there.

Even better news.
She started saying single words today, daddy, mommy, our names and some of her friends names when shown pictures. She's responded to questions with one word answers about things she likes etc.

By the end of the day she was stringing 3-4 word sentences together that made sense and were appropriate to the situation showing us she is pretty cognitive.

I cried when michelle called to tell, am gong to be back up there first thing in the morning.

Her enunciation is terrible of course but i got a good feeling there's a lot of stuff in that darling little head looking for a way to get out. She just needs to gain the cooperation of her mouth.

Her fingers are starting to move individually with more motor skill too.

We toured hermann's tiir facility yesterday, it's a good one, the facility where that arizona congresswoman giffords rehabbed at when she was shot in the head. I think we'll have her in there in the next week or so.

Thanks guys for all of your support and prayers, y'all are awesome.

yes!!!!!!!!

A bit like Tim it's not easy to post here even if I keep reading it. But for the first time I can feel happy for you :)
She seems to have taken the right path now with a bit of time and help she should be fine hopefuly :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

The small steps that will lead to leaps and bounds.
I am so happy for the progress that she has made.
I knew that it would only be a little bit of time and she
would make those first small steps. We still have you
in our prayers and thoughts

There IS a God, and he touched her! With the thoughts and prayers of everyone here, and no doubt, many more people, she HAD to improve. You've got a lot of people out here really happy and grateful - to God, and to the skill of the medical people who are helping her....
Give her a (gentle) hug from all of us!

That's Great News !!!
Just give it time and she will get better and better.

She can read! Proved it to me this afternoon. I can still barely understand her but she proved to me without a doubt she can read.

And here's one for the ages, she told Michelle's mother that she saw her Grandfather (they never met, he died years before Ryan was born) and said he was a very nice man. I heard this myself.

What do you do with that?

I'll be the first to admit I'm not particularly religious, I believe there IS a creator, a little fuzzy after that. But I'm a little overwhelmed with that one.
i WELL , YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE HER , AND IF SHE HAS SEEN THAT SIDE , AND IS BACK , YOU NOW NO FOR SURE , THAT ITS NOT HER TIME AND SHE'S GOING TO PULL THROUGH ! . :punk:

Ok, this is sorta humorous, at least for now.

The nuerology team warned us that patients recovering from brain injury often will display lowered inhibition, and act "drunk" in not having a filter between their brain and mouth.

She told a nurse to go fuck herself, and has displayed a quite colorful vocabulary I wasn't aware she had.

The nurse just smiled and said after not being able to talk for a month those were sweet words to her ears.

She is also starting to show subtle signs of the sense of humor she once had.

She also asked me if she was retarded, cause she sounds so funny. Showing me she's very cognitive of the situation. I told her no, her brain was fine she just needed to relearn how to use her "word muscles"

Back