Salvage title cars

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, it's pretty sweet that the new F150 comes with four engine choices, and I can say that the ecoboost V6, in an AWD Taurus, really hauls the mail. Effortless acceleration, almost like a diesel. Just roll the gas on a bit and it takes off.

And between the big V8 and the turbo V6, I'd take the six any day. I'm sure it gets better mileage, and the turbo torque curve would be sweet.

For comparison, the 2V 5.4(used through '03) is rated at 260hp and 350 ft/lb torque.

The *base* V6 has 40 horsepower on the former *top* V8, in a span of 8 years. Now that's progress. And 420lbs of torque on tap through the whole powerband....from a V6?

As much as I like the iconic "American V8", it's becoming outdated. When $40k falls out of the sky and I can afford a new truck, that eco-boost V6 is a very attractive option. A (twin) turbo truck, stock. Schweeet.

For me Fords engine development the last few years has been EPIC!

Chris

I can't speak for any of the gasoline engines but in my experience the Diesels have been nothing but trouble since they dropped the 7.3.

The 6.0 was gutless compared to the 7.3 and we have had a lot of reliability issues with them. The 6.4 is a great runner, when it runs. These ones have been a complete and total nightmare. Haven't tried the new 6.7 yet. If its anything like the last two, I'm not sure we will. We have recently discussed trying out the new GM duramax diesel and maybe slowly changing out the fleet.

I can't speak for any of the gasoline engines but in my experience the Diesels have been nothing but trouble since they dropped the 7.3.

The 6.0 was gutless compared to the 7.3 and we have had a lot of reliability issues with them. The 6.4 is a great runner, when it runs. These ones have been a complete and total nightmare. Haven't tried the new 6.7 yet. If its anything like the last two, I'm not sure we will. We have recently discussed trying out the new GM duramax diesel and maybe slowly changing out the fleet.

The 6.7 is FINALLY a FORD designed and built engine. They told Navistar to go pound salt! lol

Both people I know with GMC duramax diesels both had fairly major transmission issues, both under 75k miles. One is an '04, the other is an '07. Surprising, since I thought the Allison slushboxes they advertise were supposed to be top-shelf.

So I did my background on the truck I was interested in. Was able to track down the police department that recovered the truck when it was stolen. Police report shows no damage other than to the steering column and that the tailgate was missing. Sounds like this is a good deal. Ran the Carfax also and there was an accident back in 2005 but it was minor and not the cause of the title being salvage/rebuilt.

I offered him $8000 cash for it (which makes it an even better deal) and he accepted pending what my mechanic says when I take it there tonight. Fingers crossed that it all checks out. I'm thinking it will. It drove straight as an arrow and felt like it should have.

Attachments

• Craigslist-Ram.jpg
    Craigslist-Ram.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 13
Sounds like you did your homework, and it sounds like you get a few goodies with it, like the stereo and alarm. $8k for that truck is a pretty good price.

Dodge trucks sit pretty high stock, I imagine a 5" lift is a pretty tall ride.

[ said:
SpecOps13;161361][ ...... Thanx, kaboom. It's only baby steps from being a full blown show capable truck. It needs a good home, I have too many Toys . :biglaugh:
I'M MOVING TO FLORIDA NEXT YEAR , MAYBE YOU'D WANT TO SPONSOR A COUPLE OF STOCK CARS & DO SOME RACING , ONE FOR ME & ONE FOR YOU ? .. :confused2: .. :biglaugh:

Well, we decided to give Chevy a try. We are picking up a 4500 with 6.6L duramax today. It's an '07 crew cab, utility bed, 4WD. Hopefully it doesn't break down on the 250 mile trip home, LOL!

Latest posts

Back