scoop inlay dxf ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtoebaert-5311

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would anyone have an exact drawing (pref in dxf format) of the scoop inlays? We're just finishing a laser cutter over here & need to cut some stuff to test if everything works well, so I thought I might cut some inlays, say 2mm stainless? Depending on how much scrap material I find :biglaugh: maybe I could make a series - they would take some polishing of course. I'd be happy sending some out to anyone interested provided shipping costs aren't prohibitive

I don't have what your looking for, but would love a set of inlays! Good luck with the project. Bob

I have one somewhete that another forum member sent me. Ill have to look for it.

Here is a set of scoop inlays that I did a while back, to cut and trim up for something different.
It dosn't have the "venting" it's just the outline and the holes for the screws. So you'll have to put in your own design. This is basically what it looks like, cept in this picture, I put in venting and changed the axis.

image3us.jpg

Attachments

• scoop_inlay_dxf.zip
    23.4 KB · Views: 14
can you do different designs in them? i would really like a skull and crossbones in a set of them

Here is something I was thinking about, a combination of the following designs:
The design on the graph paper is the how I'd like it cut out:

UPR Scoop design 3.jpg

But have the tuning fork cut out like it is on this picture:

a306_1.jpg

Hope this makes some sense!:ummm:

Redbone, I think I get what you mean, I'll try to find some suitable lay-out of the tuning fork (problem is it needs to be vectorized, not just a scanned image, the scan will translate into lots of tiny lines & the result will look like sh*t...)

Any other requests?? (while we're at it...) -

Test pieces (no polish no paint)

http://www.elas.be/vmax/scoopinlays.jpg

Will try them this evening to see if everything fits, after that I can cut some for you guys, just let me know. As for 'personalized' designs, I'll try but can't promise anything, will depend on how long it will take to find 'good' vector images (or you can send me what you have) - and then hope the machine isn't sold by the time I have the dxf...but the same as mine shouldn't be a problem short term

How much we looking at mate?

Well, as explained above, I'm not selling them, just handing them out...unless shipping is prohibitively expensive, I need to find out if there's a way to ship 'collect' - or, I could ship them to one single person 'per country' and they get distributed locally...We're just cutting up some scrap to see if the 'wiring & plumbing' of the machine is OK before we ship it to the customer...

Looks good, I'll most likely powdercoat mine anyways so no finishing needed.

OK fine, 'as is' should be no problem, but 'personalized' depends on how long it takes to find a suitable image, I've searched the net but not very succesful up till now (for the tuning fork) - and if I have to draw it up myself, chances are the machine is gone before I have a decent dxf & we have to wait for a new one to be finished & started up (we're not THAT big an operation you know...)

ok i dont need skull and crossbones, whatever design you come up with is cool. thanks.

Sam Buchkovich III
747 Mount Carmel Dr
Windber Pa 15963

Back