Sea Foam Price at Lowes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slacker

Reaction score
Was in Lowes getting a carb overhaul kit for my mower when I happened to see Sea Foam on the shelf. Dunno if it is any cheaper than where you are. 6.48 is the cheapest I've seen it in a couple years, at Wally World. They now stiff around 9 smackers. I quit using it because of the price. 6.48 is enough. B2 is under three n has the same container. Wonder if the only diff is the coloring. Come to think of it, Sea Foam quit using the sea green coloring. Wally World is a screw on a good number of things, especially food. If ya have a Save A Lot, it's worth a walk in.

Attachments

• sea foam.jpg
    sea foam.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 45
If you have an Advanced Auto they usually have a sale on it every other month or so

A Napa near me had it on sale a while ago for $5 and change. But yeah, at wally world and the local Autozone it's almost $10.....insane.

Who knows if the B12 and Seafoam are made by the same company. Shortly after Seafoam started coming in the "rounded" top can, B12 started coming in an identical can as well.

Here's the ingredients of B12

Acetone 20-30%
2-Butoxyethanol <5%
Isopropyl Alcohol <5%
Methanol 20-30%
Methyl Ethyl <5%
Toluene 40-50%

And Seafoam
Pale Oil 40-60%
Naptha 25-35%
IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol) 10-20%

So if that's to be believed, there is a considerable difference in composition. If that makes any difference in effectiveness, who knows. Seafoam is mostly oil where B12 is a blend of different solvents.

That's right ,RA. It's B 12, not 2. One way to find out if SF and B 12 are the same. I think when I get home, I'll do a taste test. :biglaugh::angry flame::barf:.

B12 burns like heck when you blast it backwards, into your eyes. Can someone do that with the SeaFoam and get back with us on the results? My inquiring mind wants to know......um....but not enough to go out and do it.

B12 burns like heck when you blast it backwards, into your eyes. Can someone do that with the SeaFoam and get back with us on the results? My inquiring mind wants to know......um....but not enough to go out and do it.

Rockatansky can answer that. He started out on the Seafoam weekends only, then Wednesdays to "get him through the week". Then it was every day, and he needed to switch to the B12 because of the cost of his "habit".
Drove by his garage last weekend to find his V-Max idling on the centerstand, him laying behind it with a blanket over his head and the left exhaust outlet. There were empty B12 cans all over the lawn too. When he finally recognised me he started mumbling about hoping on "Skyshot" to do a few practice jumps to get back into shape. His breath smelled like a petroleum distallate vessel.
Sad really, he had a bright future. Of course that didn't stop me from taking his Snap-On torque wrenches and a rack of sockets..... He won't be needing those any time soon.

Rockatansky can answer that. He started out on the Seafoam weekends only, then Wednesdays to "get him through the week". Then it was every day, and he needed to switch to the B12 because of the cost of his "habit".
Drove by his garage last weekend to find his V-Max idling on the centerstand, him laying behind it with a blanket over his head and the left exhaust outlet. There were empty B12 cans all over the lawn too. When he finally recognised me he started mumbling about hoping on "Skyshot" to do a few practice jumps to get back into shape. His breath smelled like a petroleum distallate vessel.
Sad really, he had a bright future. Of course that didn't stop me from taking his Snap-On torque wrenches and a rack of sockets..... He won't be needing those any time soon.

Yeah, it is tough to wean yourself off a Seafoam, or B12, habit..... A good snort of Start Your Engines will suffice for a while, but not as long as the "good stuff" is out there to be had......

I hear they have the really good carb solvents up there in British Columbia, where they call it a "BC Blast".

A friend of a friend of a friend's cousin's girlfriend's brother's friend had a whole bunch of seafoam spill on him. It got in his eyes and he ended up swallowing some of it. The next day he had superpowers. :biglaugh:

So if that's to be believed, there is a considerable difference in composition. If that makes any difference in effectiveness, who knows. Seafoam is mostly oil where B12 is a blend of different solvents.[/QUOTE]

No reason to doubt the contents of both RA, and thanks much for posting it. There was an article in V-boost a while back on Seafoam, by Mike B. His contents were what you posted if, I remember correctly.
I'm not a fan of putting more alcohol in my tank than I have with the gas we're buying, in the Northeast. I've had good luck with and have used Techron(may be spelled different). For adding to the tank. Anyone know what's in it? I started using it because my bike seems to run better on Shell gas, which has Techtron in it.
Naptha, and acetone are great solvents, and mixing them with a little oil, fine. I don't know why the alcohol though? I'm putting stabilizer in my gas to counter the effects of the alcohol already in the gas. When I peashoot or shotgun my carbs I use carb cleaner only, and shoot some down the bowl vents to mix with the gas in the bowls. Then run it out quickly. I guess the two solvents talked about would work ok for that application. My $.02 worth.
Steve

I just had a feeling....almost a 'spider senses' sort of thing! :hmmm:

As we all know, withdrawal is the first obvious sign of a B12 dependency problem....and as the months have been rolling on, and still no word from him....well, you can see the picture! Plus, we at BRC monitor the B12 consumption in various regions throughout the country, and there has been a very noticeable increase in B12 sales in the Chicago Region as of late....it seemed obvious (even to the most casual of observers, and far more obvious than the balls on a tall dog) that Rockatansky is caught up in the Gerbil Wheel of chemical addiction.

Sure hate to see a good man go down this way, but what'cha gonna do? :ummm:

Sooooo, 85MAX-fan, were there lots of other good tools hanging around his garage? I mean, he's just gonna sell them off for more B12, right?.....might's well grab the good stuff before....well, you know! :punk:

Does he by any chance have a welder, or a small precision lathe.....just saying.

Back