Self-made free flow air filter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you have to rejet it when you remove the snorkle thing on top of the filter housing exposing the filter element?

looks like more air could get in with out it and was a restriction of some sort to reduce noise.

I do have a like new stock replacement K&N I would sell for $30 with shipping. (sorry I don't give away much - I do have a couple of good stock filters I would give away but I don't know if it would be worth the shipping)

Sean

do you have to rejet it when you remove the snorkle thing on top of the filter housing exposing the filter element?

looks like more air could get in with out it and was a restriction of some sort to reduce noise.

Yeah, I've got 160 main jets (Keihin, which equals to Mikuni) with modified needles (profile close to that of Dynojet Stage 7) with no shimming. Mixture screws are 3.5 turns out and v-boost all the time open. There is also ignition advance circuit of 10%. It's rather cool air with low humidity here and I'm very close to sea level. All these environmental factors mean that the air density is rather high.

With the current set up, the power is good.

Regards,

AT

Hey fasterlapdunn,

Not to rob any money off of Morley's plate but I said I would give it away if the local guy doesn't want it. You were the first to reply. If he doesn't want it you can have it just for the cost of shipping.

I will let you know as soon as I know.

As far as I know nothing changed on the filter so you should be golden.

Frank

No problem Frank, free works better for most and I don't mind a bit.

Sean

Latest posts

Back