Shipping a bike?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chopcor

Reaction score
Ok guys, I need some recommendations for a reputable, safe shipping method/carrier to get my new to me 2010 Vmax from Chicago area to NE PA... Any ideas? It doesn't need to happen today, since it looks like it's gonna be June before we see the grass again, but I'm anxious to get it home, lol. Any help is appreciated!! Thanks, Stan :eusa_dance:

I recently used motorcycleshippers.com (jcmotors) 729.00 from tx 2 wva . little slow on shipping because of weather ( I guess) beats me flying there , 2 nights hotel many gas stops food and probably sore ass. Arrived in a 18 wheeler had to meet at a place where it was easy for the big truck to enter and leave. They don't cover bike inside trailer might get little dust on it. They also have a big window of when they schedule pickup and delivery like 3 weeks it took mine to get here.. all in all not bad I figured I paid about 150.00 over then going to pick it up myself and riding back in the cold ass winter. Money well spent !! spring time different story good luck and congrats on bike I gotta small chance to ride mine (09') a week ago HOLY SHIT what fun ..

...get my new to me 2010 Vmax from Chicago ............. but I'm anxious to get it home, lol. Any help is appreciated!! Thanks, Stan :eusa_dance:

I've no recommendations on shipping bikes, BUT congratulations on getting a Gen II. You are going to L O V E I T. :clapping:

Got any more details on that 2010 to share? All still stock? Mods, if any?

:ttiwwp:

No pics yet, but it's a bone stock other than a tailight relocator kit and factory mini windscreen 2010 with 4k miles in showroom condition. I'm pretty excited, been waiting for the right deal to come along, and found it on Cycletrader 2 hrs after he listed it last night. I think I did pretty well, quite a bit less than book value :biglaugh:. Oh, and it's RED so it's the fastest one, ya know.... Can't wait to get her home!!

Absolutely....congrats on the '10 and good luck with the shipping deal. :punk:

Man, Gen II's are spreading across this forum like a plague...seems like everybody's getting one.

FUCK! Even I got one! :blink000:

Thanks guys! I'm thinking about keeping the 85 as a "commuter" for work, since I have to travel about a mile of dirt road to get to work. Problem is, it's in a stone quarry, so that dirt road gets watered at least twice a day-usually just before i get there, and just before I leave, lol. I'm already checking out exhaust options- I have a UFO 4/2 Street pro on the 85, and love it. i think the stock Gen II exhaust is going to be WAYYYY too mellow for me!:biglaugh: also planning on a NashFlash in the near future..... Damn Mod Monkey!! Bike isn't even here yet and he's costing me money.

Thanks guys! I'm thinking about keeping the 85 as a "commuter" for work, since I have to travel about a mile of dirt road to get to work. Problem is, it's in a stone quarry, so that dirt road gets watered at least twice a day-usually just before i get there, and just before I leave, lol. I'm already checking out exhaust options- I have a UFO 4/2 Street pro on the 85, and love it. i think the stock Gen II exhaust is going to be WAYYYY too mellow for me!:biglaugh: also planning on a NashFlash in the near future..... Damn Mod Monkey!! Bike isn't even here yet and he's costing me money.

Replacing the cat with a Mark's or similar will change the sound of those pipes considerably, have Tim burn the box and you have a totally different machine. Surprisingly, you can look right thru the stock mufflers, most of the muffling happens in the cat.

Be sure to line up a rear stand for it ASAP, so's you can park it up in the middle of the garage and ride it til the weather up there thaws a bit. I bet you have a major case of the riding fever while you wait for the weather to clear up enough to ride it outside. :biglaugh:

Riding fever doesn't even describe it! The older I get the less tolerant I am of snow and cold.... I've been having withdrawal symptoms for months, even more so now!! :biglaugh:

congrats on your new wheels....

all i need to do is join that crowd dan-o......this is what a junkie must feel like with out a fix.....dam i need a gen 2, stupid dealer gave me a taste and now im hooked......yami dealer.....taste=test ride i mean

Back