Sick of winter, ready to ride????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rifleman

Reaction score
Ok I put the Max in the garage in November, it hasn't been a real bad winter here in Iowa but not warm enough to ride yet. Is anyone else jonesing to ride? Probably at least a month before it is nice enough.....how do you all deal with this time of year? Drinking is a method but thinking that isn't the answer!

It sucks, I hate it. The only thing I've found that helps is bitching and moaning about it.
A guy I work with is one of my best riding buddies, he's dying too. We go to lunch and talk about bikes and riding.
I have been enjoying doing some work on the bike. But now everything is done except the paint.
I'm shooting for a first ride in March. I hope.

I had to repair my trans this winter so I currently have my motor out and cases split and am waiting for my trans to get back from the machine shop. And yes I am itching to get it back together and get riding. Our winter has been mild and there have already been a few bikes riding around on the warmest days. I've been drinking and bitching and moaning haha

Well it was in the 70 last week . But now its cold . Your just north of me but yes want warm weather.

you can ride year round down heeeaaa:biglaugh:.....just not as often in winter.

when i lived in maine we were VERY lucky if we could ride in may. not just the weather but also the cond. of the roads.

when i had $$$ i use to snowmobile but even that yer at the mercy of the weather......some winters were great...others sucked.

one of the reasons i left maine was to escape the long bitter cold winters.

45 years was enuff of that 4 me:punk:

I can`t wait anymore myself
-27* C (-17*F) all last week

i`m second tired of ice`n`snow :)ummm:Led zepp lirics:biglaugh:)

My bike is in the basement (dry and hot) so the mod-monkey can work

This winter, this is the 1986 royal-venture mod to old school bike project:punk:

I just talked with beekeeper about how much i miss riding. We plan to ride alot this year. Chad im working on finding a safe hooligan play ground at the halfway point for the northwest side and the south east to meet up and play on the gopro's. If we meet halfway and ride that area it wont be so far to get home. Im thinking webberville to brighton or something. We can still do traver's and the hell ride but we need a place to meet up and have fun more offten. My wife said that we all should get snowmobile's for the winter.

It sucks, I hate it. The only thing I've found that helps is bitching and moaning about it.
A guy I work with is one of my best riding buddies, he's dying too. We go to lunch and talk about bikes and riding.
I have been enjoying doing some work on the bike. But now everything is done except the paint.
I'm shooting for a first ride in March. I hope.

Completly agree with you Chad !! My bitching & moaning of not being able to ride cause of this ..... :snow: is directed to the wifey :blahblah2: . She's sick of it too !! :puke:

Been slowly completing my winter mods.... now I want to RIDE !!!!

Chuck,

Completely agree with you... But at least you know your machine... I am still waiting to get to know mine! She's a beautiful machine just waiting to be ridden. :p

Chuck,

Completely agree with you... But at least you know your machine... I am still waiting to get to know mine! She's a beautiful machine just waiting to be ridden. :p

I don't know how you are doing it, you are absolutely correct, something tells me you will be out riding before me......Let us know how your first extended ride goes.

For those that are feeding the mod monkey, I might have to try that technique next year, the Max is in my father in-laws garage this winter...I guess I have some planning (and saving) to do for next winter.

Ah, you-guys, pissing & moaning about the weather!

Wanna know what 'gets me?' Living in a sub-tropical climate with daytime temperatures in the 70's, and nighttime temperatures in the low 60's, maybe dipping into the 50's when we get a 'cold-snap.' That's when you have to wear a sweater, maybe a jacket, and complain to your neighbor about, "with another twenty degrees drop in temperature, we'll have frost on the lawn when we get-up!"

And no VMax to ride because your bike is undergoing a valve job, and the gaskets were taking their own sweet time to arrive! I do have my FZR 1000, so I have an outlet for my 'need for speed.'

Flash! My mechanic said, "the gaskets arrived today!" Hooray! A couple of days, and with what-else was being-done, I should get-back my powerplant to re-install. Wish I could afford the items in the last four pics! They're from another bike the shop owner, Steve built. Same machinist did my heads.

Here are some pics to help you guys waiting for winter to end, aware of the possibilities people like Kyle and I have to deal-with everyday, such-as, "chafing string bikinis, needing to be loosened to prevent skin damage!":rofl_200:

images
images
images
images

Attachments

• VMax intake 1.JPG
    VMax intake 1.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 8
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 10
  • VMax head-valves.JPG
    VMax head-valves.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 9
  • big valves.jpg
    big valves.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 9
  • cams-Suzuki followers.jpg
    cams-Suzuki followers.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 9
  • pistons.2.jpg
    pistons.2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Flatslide carbs L side.jpg
    Flatslide carbs L side.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 10
Ah, you-guys, pissing & moaning about the weather!

Wanna know what 'gets me?' Living in a sub-tropical climate with daytime temperatures in the 70's, and nighttime temperatures in the low 60's, maybe dipping into the 50's when we get a 'cold-snap.' That's when you have to wear a sweater, maybe a jacket, and complain to your neighbor about, "with another twenty degrees drop in temperature, we'll have frost on the lawn when we get-up!"

And no VMax to ride because your bike is undergoing a valve job, and the gaskets were taking their own sweet time to arrive! I do have my FZR 1000, so I have an outlet for my 'need for speed.'

Flash! My mechanic said, "the gaskets arrived today!" Hooray! A couple of days, and with what-else was being-done, I should get-back my powerplant to re-install. Wish I could afford the items in the last four pics! They're from another bike the shop owner, Steve built. Same machinist did my heads.

Here are some pics to help you guys waiting for winter to end, aware of the possibilities people like Kyle and I have to deal-with everyday, such-as, "chafing string bikinis, needing to be loosened to prevent skin damage!":rofl_200:

images
images
images
images
CRUEL Medic! NON-clickable bikini pics but clickable motor pics?!? Cruel I tell you, just cruel!:damn angry:
:biglaugh:

Buy a dirt bike or quad for the spring/fall, and a snowmobile for the winter. That way you always have something to rip around on.

Snowmobiles are fun, if you ever get any snow.

But yeah, can't wait to get back on the bike again. Last time I was out was on a warm day before Thanksgiving.

Have been riding all winter up here sedona except when the cold fronts come thru. was out just the other day . Now its in the 40's for a few days. Had snow the past 2 days. Looking forward to upcoming weather.:biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back