six fives

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninjaneer

Reaction score
some of you facebookers may have already seen this. i'd been watching the odo for a couple weeks waiting for this to happen. wished i had the awareness to have reset the tripometer when the odo read 55000. that'd been fun to see. maybe i'll try it at 66000 :rofl_200:
920898_10200456992724758_1125126351_o.jpg

Nice mileage. The real treat will be when it reads 00000 again. Guess a few people here have seen that on their maxes. Keep it going strong!

I missed the FB post Greg, but for sure congrats are in order for your mileage milestone!:worthy:
Here's to your safe and fun future miles!:icon_jook:

I almost forgot that I photo documented Redbone's 25,000th mile back on June 16, 2010. I stopped along the 2 lane to shoot the pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 14
Nice mileage. The real treat will be when it reads 00000 again. !
Now THAT would be an event to remember!

...congrats are in order for your mileage milestone!:worthy: Here's to your safe and fun future miles!:icon_jook:
thanks a heap! now if only some of the next miles would get clocked a 1/4-mile at a time, or with some smoke billowing off the rear rubber. than i'd be could be as cool as the rest of y'all. hehehehe

Looks like you stopped in the street to take the pic, I did the same thing. 80,000 miles of the most fun Ive had with my clothes on.:punk:
Nah, dude. I pulled into a shopping plaza. But you? Looks like you were in a median?

Mine went back to all zeros back in 1996. With our son's growing up and the purchase of the Roadstar, I have been putting less mileage on the Max. I used to take odo shots every 10K miles. I'll have to find the 30,000 mile pic, and get another one at 130,000 (even though they'll look the same, it will be kinda cool).....

Here's one for the high milers to think about. I seem to recall someone here posted about opening up the speedo unit to clean the glass inside or something. I've been thinking about opening my speedo up and having a pinstriper paint the "1" digit next to the odometer so it appears to actually show the 100,000 mile digit. Of course, then I'll have to do it all over again when the bike gets to 200,000 miles!

Might as well, doesn't sound like you have any intentions of parting ways with the bike. Be a cool conversation starter or something to point out to the Harley guy with 800 miles on his 5 year old bike that's giving you shit.

I used to ride "normal" bikes. By "normal", I mean "not a VMax"...
Listened to shit from Harley™ riders for decades.
Listening to Harleyboy™ shit stopped the day I bought the Max.

Latest posts

Back