Skulls on bikes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I as well, will not wear gear with big, bold logos on it. Why should I pay to advertise someones shit? They want me to advertise, then pay me! Smart idea though! Getting dumb people to advertise your stuff, and pay you for it to boot! WIN!!!!

Logo's aren't my thing either. the only logo I ever had on the back of my jacket was the Blue Knights cut.

Other things on my current jacket are just small patches. Red Cross' Ride for the Red and smaller patches for years attended, Small Vmax and vmax motorcycle patch, took off the VMOA patch and replaced it with the Vmax forum patch, and last but not least my Patriot guard member patch.

Nice chop KJ....I rode a hard tail for a while years ago....it humbles you :biglaugh:

For some reason, GOD is keeping me alive. I have skulls on all the bikes except Strafer.
I wear skulls on belt buckles, shirts, hats, helmets and even tattooed on my arm... I should have died in a motorcycle wreck in 1968 and there were no skulls anywhere. Just a comical little sticker.:ummm:

On the flip side, I could never understand why people want their bike/car/truck/hairdo/shoes etc, to look like everyone elses.

Making things different is in our nature. I love Specs Strafer motif. Honestly its not my cup of tea 100%, but I like it because its absolutely different and speaks. I guess when I say its not my cup of tea, its not what I would do, but I totally appreciate it and its idea. I can respect what others do even if its not something I would do, because its different.

Todd

On the flip side, I could never understand why people want their bike/car/truck/hairdo/shoes etc, to look like everyone elses.

Making things different is in our nature. I love Specs Strafer motif. Honestly its not my cup of tea 100%, but I like it because its absolutely different and speaks. I guess when I say its not my cup of tea, its not what I would do, but I totally appreciate it and its idea. I can respect what others do even if its not something I would do, because its different.

Todd

Agreed, but with the disclaimer that I don't have buckets of cash or your skills with metal. At some point there's a medium between the time and money to make something truly one-of-a-kind and made only for you, and a bunch of common stuff assembled in a one-of-a-kind way.

Bolt-on mods are essentially that medium.

Kind of reminds me of a south park episode with the goth kids. A dialogue went something like "If you wanna be one of the non-conformists, all you have to do is dress just like us and listen to the same music we do."

I have to admit, I do like skulls in certain contexts. Particularly the architecture and shape of them, then again how the body works continually fascinates me anyway. Over the years I've collected a few of them that have been carved from various minerals. I like the one carved from snowflake obsidian, the color and the bits of ash in the stone, to me is pretty cool. Recently I just finished etching a "crystal skull" vodka bottle and turned it in to an oil lamp.

Attachments

• Skull Lamp.jpg
    Skull Lamp.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 15
  • mineral skulls.jpg
    mineral skulls.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 12
Anybody can do anything if they put thier mind to it. OCC used to and probably still does build catalog bikes. 90% of what they do is bolt or slightly modify parts. Jesse James on the other hand makes shit from scratch.

I am not saying people have to fab all their own stuff, but colors graphics and bolt ons can all be made unique like OCC did.

I have to admit, I do like skulls in certain contexts. Particularly the architecture and shape of them, then again how the body works continually fascinates me anyway. Over the years I've collected a few of them that have been carved from various minerals. I like the one carved from snowflake obsidian, the color and the bits of ash in the stone, to me is pretty cool. Recently I just finished etching a "crystal skull" vodka bottle and turned it in to an oil lamp.

Now I'll admit that I've been fascinated by crystal skulls or even the skulls carved from nuummite.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqNHJCsFCgy99dTtBQpCosRwJg~~60_35.JPG
    $(KGrHqNHJCsFCgy99dTtBQpCosRwJg~~60_35.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 15
Back