so i rode WITH my friend today, and

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah here in California we split lanes daily or you will never make it anywhere on time. My group lane shares with enough room to stagger if needed but tight enough to keep cars from cutting in and out of our group (and you're ganna have a BAD day of you cut in on my group I promise) and then we split lanes as a chain, revving and honking to make space for the bikes following us.

I can honestly say I get a perverse pleasure from a good bit of lane splitting. Out here it's not odd to see bikes traveling up to 50 mile an hour inbetween grid lock traffic. Guess us California folks just do things a bit different, don't know what I would do if I could not split lanes!

Last edited:
In Florida it's bloody illegal to split lanes !!

Drove me completely crazy (and still does) coming from Europe. It's like - what's the point of being on a bike, if you can't filter to the traffic lights or between stopped traffic in jams!?!?

So now I'm considering moving somewhere I can again, but with nice weather too, like Western Australia..

I am lucky, if I have to wait for 5 cars to pass pulling out of work means it a traffic jam. Not much need for lane splitting on 2 lane roads either, just pass 'em!:biglaugh:

I am lucky, if I have to wait for 5 cars to pass pulling out of work means it a traffic jam. Not much need for lane splitting on 2 lane roads either, just pass 'em!:biglaugh:

Same here......anything over 7 vehicles on the road qualifies as a parade:biglaugh:

just rode with my bud today with his r6 and we rode everywhere together, i actually pucked around in a parking lot a little bit too and headed down the road and back while he talked to someone.

mine was 56.7 (id estimate .2 to .3 extra was me in the parking lot so actual is 56.5)
and his? 73.0 flat.

we rode equal distance home too. i know because his is in my garage.

this must explain why i could only go 53-75 miles per tank before my fuel light came on

do u have a tiny tire on the front or something?

mine is no where near that far off (and a 120/90). does the mileage markers on the highway confirm? what about a GPS?

ok guys im testing it right now with a garmin nuvi 205w .

lets take guesses on how far its off at

30 mph
50 mph
and 100 mph... thats right, im going to be fiddling with a gps at 100 mph

ok guys im testing it right now with a garmin nuvi 205w .

lets take guesses on how far its off at

30 mph
50 mph
and 100 mph... thats right, im going to be fiddling with a gps at 100 mph
3mph at 30, 7 at 50, and your not going to be able to mess with it at 100

please just use a tank bag or mount it, don't fiddle with it 100

totally not what i expected, the bikes speedo is dead on. literally 30 is 30, 55 is 55, and at 100 mph i dropped it, was holding it with 2 fingers and caught a blast of wind and poof it was gone. i gps'd 119 mph lol im gonna shoot for 125 today.

this gps has a tripmeter also so im going to use it and solve this mystery once and for all.

oh btw the gps still works it just has a busted spot in the screen

edit edit, cant upload pics of gps because the vmaxforum.net server times out

can u get on a highway and check your gps mileage vs ur odometer mileage vs the highway markers?

Back