Squeaky Speedo

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i_was_here1st

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

Ive been reading these forums for a while now ( Hia Sean!), and have seen a wealth of information! I was hoping to tap into to this goldmine with a little question about the speedo. I got my max back on the east coast, and it had this funny squeaky sound i could never really track down. Well now that im back in BC, i found the bastard! Its been hidding in my speedo, in what sounds like an area right behind the needle. I was wondering if any one here ( had a solution to this problem? I am prepaird to do everything up to and including sacrificing a goat and or virgin.

Charlie (Chuckles works)

i think u can put some sort of lube on it?

I was wondering what kinda lube though. For example, could I just pour some 10w-30 in there and call it a day? Or would that mess up the internal functions of the Speedo?

I think it has to be VERY thin oil and not a lot of it... You don't want to use the wrong stuff...

Is your cable well greased?

Remember that whatever you pour or spray in that part of your speedo could well end up settling on your speedo display.

Oils will attract a lot of dust over time and bind things up. I'd try a lite coat of food grade silicon spray before I'd use an oil.

Latest posts

Back