Stealership aint so bad after all..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar

Reaction score
My stealership must be hurtin. They just matched a online price not including shipping.

Found a ME880 170/80HB-15 at ronayers.com for $127 and stealership lowered there price from $200 to $130. And did the same for the lazertec front $100.:clapping:

And if I buy the tires there, the service department will install the tires for $32 per wheel..:clapping:

I'm glad I called!

Oh, the service manager assured me he would have his best guy do the work with no scratches. And in the right direction. Time will tell..

I guess I need to have online parts prices handy every time I go there.

Yup.. just up the street.

Chris. Who makes the EBC HH pads? Cant find them for the max. Stealer have them in stock for $37 per I think , and I want them to price match parts as well.

I used to get them here at the local dealership but yeah..Sean or K&N Motorsports would work fine.

That a great deal on a tire locally! I'm going to have call Pat at my Yamaha shop to see if he has come down off his high horse. I mean he was going to charge $350 or $375 for a set of ME880's installed. I'm going buy a set of tire levers and start using the Dyna beads for balancing.

Yup.. just up the street.

Chris. Who makes the EBC HH pads? Cant find them for the max. Stealer have them in stock for $37 per I think , and I want them to price match parts as well.

They're good guys! I think Jeff had some sort of deal setup with them as well.

I bought my EBC from white buffalo but that's before I knew about Sean. If Sean can get them, I'd use him.

Chris

One of the dealers here also lowered their tire prices to match online prices..I think they just want to get asses in the door to hopefully buy more stuff while there.

I bought my EBC from white buffalo but that's before I knew about Sean. If Sean can get them, I'd use him.

Chris

Nothing against Sean. But IA City Motorsports has them in stock. I just need to have a online price to get the stealership to lower there prices.

whitebuffaloracing.com

I cant get that site to load..:ummm:

Link for EBC anyone?

That a great deal on a tire locally! I mean he was going to charge $350 or $375 for a set of ME880's installed. I'm going buy a set of tire levers and start using the Dyna beads for balancing.

$294 before taxes for me. I want to use dynabeads. Should I tell them not to balance?

A set of ME880's installed on my bike just ran $350 at Seymours in Latham....
$140 rear 170
$120 front 110
$60 mounting/balancing($30/tire)
$10 for valve stems(apparently they decided I needed new ones?)
The rest was tax.

That was just bringing the wheels to the dealer. It would have been over twice as much for mounting if you bring them the bike and they have to remove the wheels($75/tire). If you bought online with free shipping and changed them yourself, you stand to save about $100 over even a (relatively) good dealer price. I know people who have dropped $500 on tires at a dealer.

And the 170 fits on my bike fine...you can slip like 2 quarters in the space between the tire and swingarm.

They're good guys! I think Jeff had some sort of deal setup with them as well.

Chris

Speaking of Jeff
Anyone hear from him lately??? He hasnt been on the forum in like a month or so :confused2:

Nothing against Sean. But IA City Motorsports has them in stock. I just need to have a online price to get the stealership to lower there prices.

whitebuffaloracing.com

I cant get that site to load..:ummm:

Link for EBC anyone?

$294 before taxes for me. I want to use dynabeads. Should I tell them not to balance?
I tried the like and it said the domain name had expired so they will be off line until they can get registered again.
Here's EBC's link: http://www.ebcbrakes.com/
Here's another EBC Vendor - Cycle Brakes and their link: http://www.cyclebrakes.com/html/on_sale.html
I would give Sean a call as he probably has them right in stock too.
I'm not sure with the dynabeads, you won't need them to balance it really, just have them mount it. That's what I'll do when I need to change out the Shinko, and hope they charge me less.
I'm going to try to pick up a old used rim so I can practice changing a old tire that I saved. I need to pick up some spoons, I understand that Motion Pro has some good tire changing tools. It can't be too much harder than changing a motocross tire, can it?

Speaking of Jeff
Anyone hear from him lately??? He hasnt been on the forum in like a month or so :confused2:

Talked to him a week or so back. He's real busy with his new family member and fixer/upper in Waverly.

Latest posts

Back