Stevie Wonder to Boycott Florida and possibly 20 other states....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
....because they have "Stand your Ground" laws.

So I guess Stevie would rather be murdered or seriously injured because he doesn't want the ability or right to stand his ground when being attacked.

Or yeah wait a tick, that's right he has bodyguards......:bang head:

What an jerk. I hope he boycotts Michigan, which he has plans to. We don't need that kind of crap jerk around here.

I can understand voicing your opinion on things, but to take an entire state or 20 and blame them for how they protect their citizens rights? Seriously? How much of a pompous asshole are you?

I never wish ill harm on anyone, but these liberal people that think the world is all full of roses and strawberries are the first to cry when things happen to them. Poor me, poor me.... no one helped me... no one was there..... because dickhead you voted against retaining your local law enforcement siting that we can spend the money else where on things more important, you voted against protecting your right to arm yourself and be able to defend yourself.....you agreed with Stevie Wonderful that the world would be a better place if you couldnt defend yourself against BG's.

For all those assholes that vote against things like this, when your a victim remember your vote and man up.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/16/showbiz/stevie-wonder-florida-boycott/index.html?eref=rss_mostpopular

"I decided today that until the 'stand your ground' law is abolished in Florida, I will never perform there again," Wonder told the audience at a concert in Quebec on Sunday night. "As a matter of fact, wherever I find that law exists, I will not perform in that state or in that part of the world."

Hopefully when his money starts running out he will remember his "strong" words against these states. And better yet, these states will remember his boycotting selfish acts and boycott him when he changes his mind and needs more money to keep his body guards on staff to protect him.

I am not happy with today's violence. But honestly we need to put the big boy pants on and grow up. Violence has been a part of human nature since God created this Earth. It is what it is. We have to deal with it. And educating people about it rather than crying about it is the proper way to go about it. We can't sit back and boo hoo over things, we need to stand up and take action to teach people the truth. The world is too much about media and its agenda rather than common sense and morals of the yesteryear's.

Come on people wise up.

Something sent to me, it sounds plausible:
http://spectator.org/blog/2013/07/15/trayvon-crime-school-miami

How a Miami School Crime Cover-Up Policy Led to Trayvon Martin’s Death
By Robert Stacy McCain on 7.15.13 @ 1:05AM

The February 2012 shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martion might never have happened if school officials in Miami-Dade County had not instituted an unofficial policy of treating crimes as school disciplinary infractions. Revelations that emerged from an internal affairs investigation explain why Martin was not arrested when caught at school with stolen jewelry in October 2011 or with marijuana in February 2012. Instead, the teenager was suspended from school, the last time just days before he was shot dead by George Zimmerman.
Trayvon Martin was not from Sanford, the town north of Orlando where he was shot in 2012 and where a jury acquitted Zimmerman of murder charges Saturday. Martin was from Miami Gardens, more than 200 miles away, and had come to Sanford to stay with his father’s girlfriend Brandy Green at her home in the townhouse community where Zimmerman was in charge of the neighborhood watch. Trayvon was staying with Green after he had been suspended for the second time in six months from Krop High School in Miami-Dade County, where both his father, Tracy Martin, and mother, Sybrina Fulton, lived.

Both of Trayvon’s suspensions during his junior year at Krop High involved crimes that could have led to his prosecution as a juvenile offender. However, Chief Charles Hurley of the Miami-Dade School Police Department (MDSPD) in 2010 had implemented a policy that reduced the number of criiminal reports, manipulating statistics to create the appearance of a reduction in crime within the school system. Less than two weeks before Martin’s death, the school system commended Chief Hurley for “decreasing school-related juvenile delinquency by an impressive 60 percent for the last six months of 2011.” What was actually happening was that crimes were not being reported as crimes, but instead treated as disciplinary infractions.

In October 2011, after a video surveillance camera caught Martin writing graffiti on a door, MDSPD Office Darryl Dunn searched Martin’s backpack, looking for the marker he had used. Officer Dunn found 12 pieces of women’s jewelry and a man’s watch, along with a flathead screwdriver the officer described as a “burglary tool.” The jewelry and watch, which Martin claimed he had gotten from a friend he refused to name, matched a description of items stolen during the October 2011 burglary of a house on 204th Terrace, about a half-mile from the school. However, because of Chief Hurley’s policy “to lower the arrest rates,” as one MDSPD sergeant said in an internal investigation, the stolen jewerly was instead listed as “found property” and was never reported to Miami-Dade Police who were investigating the burglary. Similarly, in February 2012 when an MDSPD officer caught Martin with a small plastic bag containing marijuana residue, as well as a marijuana pipe, this was not treated as a crime, and instead Martin was suspended from school.

Either of those incidents could have put Trayvon Martin into the custody of the juvenile justice system. However, because of Chief Hurley’s attempt to reduce the school crime statistics — according to sworn testimony, officers were “basically told to lie and falsify” reports — Martin was never arrested. And if he had been arrested, he might never have been in Sanford the night of his fatal encounter with Zimmerman.

In fact, the reason Zimmerman was patrolling the townhouse community the night of the February 2012 shooting was that there had been a rash of burglaries in the neighborhood, although there was no indication that Trayvon Martin was involved in any of those crimes.

As for Chief Hurley’s policy, it was the controversy over Martin’s death that accidentally exposed it. In March 2012, the Miami Herald reported on Martin’s troubled history of disciplinary incidents at Krop High. Chief Hurley then launched the internal affairs investigation in an attempt to find out who had provided information to the reporter. During the course of that investigation, MDSPD officers and supervisors described Chief Hurley’s policy of not reporting crimes by students. Chief Hurley was subsequently accused of sexually harassing two female subordinates. He resigned in February, about a year after Trayvon Martin’s death.

Stevie who???

Oh wait.......had to go google the name to remember who he was, it's been so long. That Stevie.

SO, if his chauffeur were to take a wrong turn, and end up in FL, how the HE!! would he ever know? :rofl_200:

Stevie Wonder wants to boycott Florida = B.F.D.

Well that explains a small little tiny bit of information that was just ever so slightly important.....

But without jumping off the topic of stand your ground, I know that is why Stevie Wonderful is boycotting Florida. But his stance against the law is what I am talking about more than the straight up jury justified verdict that was handed out.

My question is, how many bandwagon jumpers will jump on this one because it involves Stevie Wonderful?

Its all media hype for a hidden agenda....

Yeah, so Stevie Wonder is another one of those who seem to have those idealistic leftish views....
I guess this is a case of the blind following the blind!

Eric Holder say the right to defend your self leads to violence wait.. what? So I can not defend myself really I say bullshit.. and just for the record fuck you stevie wonder

Stevie Wonder fans in Florida (both of them) must be devastated. I hope they don't start rioting due to this news.

In the end, that's Wonders choice to do whatever feels will make his opinion heard. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just don't come crying to me about the repercussions of the voice you make heard. Same goes for Paula Deen. Let her be whoever she wants to be. If that is the culture she was raised in and accepted as her own, so be it. Just be ready to suffer the consequences. Its not our place to dictate how she lives her life or conducts herself. Any of you guys losing sleep over not seeing Stevie or Paula being a few million short? To me, it hardly merits the effort responding to the thread.

The Battle for Self-Defense

In the four years for which we have statistics since the Stand Your Ground law was passed in Florida, homicides have dropped by 16.1%. Many – perhaps hundreds – of Floridians are alive today because criminals have had to pause before robbing or killing them. In most cases, criminals have had to pause not because a victim pulled a gun, but because the killer didn’t know whether or not the victim had a gun.

NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW: "F" Stevie, Bruce and the Rest of Them.

The Battle for Self-Defense

In the four years for which we have statistics since the Stand Your Ground law was passed in Florida, homicides have dropped by 16.1%. Many – perhaps hundreds – of Floridians are alive today because criminals have had to pause before robbing or killing them. In most cases, criminals have had to pause not because a victim pulled a gun, but because the killer didn’t know whether or not the victim had a gun.

NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW: "F" Stevie, Bruce and the Rest of Them.

Hold on a second. Where did you get those figures. A quick search shows a huge credibility gap. Homicides went down but by 0.2 percent but gun violence had a huge increase.
http://www.publicintegrity.org/2013/04/23/12542/firearm-ownership-rises-florida-gun-murders-increase
David

Hold on a second. Where did you get those figures. A quick search shows a huge credibility gap. Homicides went down but by 0.2 percent but gun violence had a huge increase.
http://www.publicintegrity.org/2013/04/23/12542/firearm-ownership-rises-florida-gun-murders-increase
David

Reputable source there Dave, I might as well give you the latest numbers from the NRA.. If you believe either you are stupid.. That article leaned harder left than Talladega, if your going to post statistical data it had better be from a good source such as the FBI uniform crime reports or the CDC studies on gun violence..

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

What info can you believe now a days to be honest? They say Detroit crime rate is down..... but I wouldnt walk down there at night if you paid me.....

David

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: If you lived here, you'd feel the change every time you walked into a safety questionable area. I've had people in groups approach me, then turn away quickly in an obvious realization that what they had in mind wasn't such a wise decision. The neighborhood I live in isn't the best but since Stand Your Ground, I've seen a huge drop in crime. BTW: I've been the "Go To Guy" for Neighborhood Watch, 32 years now. Criminal activity has dropped off to a trickle of what it was.

Last edited:
Back