Stock 07 VMax vs 06 ZX6RR

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonoran6

Reaction score
My friend wants to race me. He has an 06 ZX6RR (the 600 not 636) the only mod done to his is a 46 tooth rear sprocket. Exhaust and everything else is stock.

The question, is should I put some money down and bet, or should I just race for fun?

How confident are you in your own abilities, such as are you good off the line. How long is the race. 1/8, 1/4, light to light? how good of a rider is your friend. I beat a cbr 1000 R in the 1/8 because he was poor off the line. If it was a 1/4 i'm sure he would have caught and past me.

I know i will beat him off the line, I can launch with little or no traction loss or popping the wheel up more than a few inches. He won't take off too quickly cause he's afraid of getting the front wheel off the ground. as far as length, that's TBD

I don't think you'd have any trouble beating him.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ALVj_dPRdbA
That's a video of me racing an r1 on my 2006 max in the 1/4. He beat me by .10 at the end. Was also my first night at the track so I had little experience. I'm pretty sure you could take a zx600

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Just don't bet any more than you are willing to lose, & don't run for > a quarter-mile. I think you should beat him easily in that distance, but by the time you would be hitting 4th redline, he probably would be catching you, if you ran longer. That's just an opinion, not backed-up by any experience against a Kawi 600.

I think you'll leave him way behind, until he gets right up in the rpm, then he may hang with you. But unless you really screw up he won't pass you fast, if at all.

I would put $5o on a race with a 600. I havent been beat by one yet. Any cc bigger in a rocket you might lose your money. At the drag strip i would put money on a race with a bigger cc rocket. Most cant get a good 60ft if its lowered and stretched you might not win. Most are running 10s or better.

My friend wants to race me. He has an 06 ZX6RR (the 600 not 636) the only mod done to his is a 46 tooth rear sprocket. Exhaust and everything else is stock.

The question, is should I put some money down and bet, or should I just race for fun?
I raced a girl with a late model ZX6RR.She didn't weigh more then a buck 10.Both of us totally stock.She stayed right at my rear wheel till I hit 4th gear before she passed me........Never did get to meet her.:confused2: I think I fell in love with a full face helmet with pigtails:rofl_200:

46 tooth rear sprocket? That's larger than stock, so he's set up for low-end/wheelies. You will def. smoke him!

1/4 mile?

If he knows what he's doing your gonna lose

1/8 mile?

You should be able to win that one.

I run (or was running) in the 11.25-11.35 range usually and it was very rare a later model 600 sportbike didn't pass me in the last couple 100 feet at the 1/4 mile strip..

46 tooth rear sprocket? That's larger than stock, so he's set up for low-end/wheelies. You will def. smoke him!

+1, the stockers run 15/43 tooth sprockets (front and rear).
I ate a bigger rocket because his demise was the larger rear sprocket. His front end was like a pogo stick while I was firmly planted to the ground.

Your gonna get your ass kicked man!:rofl_200:Just joking bro! It could be close unless you weigh like 450 lbs and he's a buck-fitty. Good luck!

Mike

Rusty, that's some funny shit man! Fell in love with some pig tails and a helmet huh!:rofl_200:

1/4 mile?

If he knows what he's doing your gonna lose

1/8 mile?

You should be able to win that one.

I run (or was running) in the 11.25-11.35 range usually and it was very rare a later model 600 sportbike didn't pass me in the last couple 100 feet at the 1/4 mile strip..

I second this motion.....if he can ride, the 1/8 will be close.....anything bigger than a 600 you may be toast.

A good rider make a big difference......they can keep the front end down.

I raced a 636 last summer, which was all stock. Got the jump on him, got maybe a 4-5 bike length lead, which started closing again pretty quickly, at around 95-100 he caught up to me and slowly walked past.

For a short race you shouldn't have much of a trouble, longer ones and sportbikes do have the edge for top end speed.

I agree...With the sprocket combo he has he will stand it up off the line trying to launch at a high RPM and if he doesnt have any real experience you should be putting your kickstand down as he is pulling his shorts out of his ass...:rofl_200::rofl_200:

youll kill him. put your weight over the tank, get 4500 rpm launch, go get your money... lol. im 95% its a win. i just toasted a coworkers 04 gsxr 600 that was being lippy, hes quiet now. ive got video, but im not posting it due to the bullshit thats going on in canada about charging owners of you tube videos... sucks.

have fun and do $50.

peace,
evan...

If he can ride and is a smaller guy then your toast in the quarter... You might get him eighth mile but I really wouldn't bet any money on it...

Awesome, lots of good tips guys. By my house is a country road with no traffic. I'm gonna mark off .2 miles, just shy of 1/4 LOL. I weigh 140, he weighs about 180.

Back