Stock grips...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2fear

Reaction score
My throttle grip on my 05 has a gap between the end of the grip and the end cap. It is about a quarter inch gap and it pinches my hand even with gloves on. I took the end cap off and checked it out and made sure it is on all the way and it is. Is this normal or do I have a defective grip? My 85 had a one piece grip and it was nice, might be time for some new grips. What after market grips do you have? I Would only want black...

Try hammering in the end cap. It may have come out some.

I use stock. I like the overall size of them.

Try hammering in the end cap. It may have come out some.

I use stock. I like the overall size of them.

It is in all the way, it looks like the grip is too short??? I like the grip if it would fit right, I even switched end caps around and I still have a gap on the throttle.....

i mean it sounds like the assy. slid towards the speedo.
try loosening the screws under the grip and slide it out to where you need it.

I was thinking that the stock bars were keyed which is why I didn't recommend that. Are they stock bars?

How do I go about moving the throttle assy over a quarter inch towards the end of the handle bar? Is it hooked to the "start button" assy also?

Just got in our first batch of new grips. I have the Kuryakyn grips on hand but the new grips are very nice too. They are made by Driven Racing and not as thick as the kuryakyns. More similar to stock diameter.

Sean

Yes...loosen the phillips head screws underneath, and there should be enough room in the "key" to move the whole assembly over. Not too close, you don't want it to bind. Then re-tighten screws

Yes...loosen the phillips head screws underneath, and there should be enough room in the "key" to move the whole assembly over. Not too close, you don't want it to bind. Then re-tighten screws

Thanks man, I will check it out after work.:cheers:

Thanks man, I will check it out after work.:cheers:

there is a little nub on the bars that may stop you from moving it too far, but an angle grinder would make short work of that.

I'm pretty sure the "nub" on the bars prevent you from moving the throttle assembly towards the center of the bars. Sound like he needs to move his grip towards the edge of the bars so he should be in good shape.

yea i couldn't remember offhand which way it blocked. i'm sure it blocks movement both ways eventually eh?

Would it be possible to just reposition it on the throttle tube itself..Just move the grip?

Latest posts

Back