Stopped by the law

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdt354

Reaction score
At some point almost everyone will be pulled over for speeding. I have been lucky and only got nabbed once on my Vmax. I know Cop Runner has an alternative which I'll use if i have a real advantage, like only the radio to worry about and a quick change of course.
Me, once they have me I try to size up the attitude of the officer. If he's a prick, I just don't talk to him at all, except if he ask me a question, then yes/no. If he's resonable, polite and shows some interest in my bike (nice), I'll try to get off with a warning. It takes a lot off a Cops mind if you keep your hands visable, bad time to reach in your coat for a piece of gum. Or tell Cop jokes (coffee, dunkin donuts-NO) Polite goes a long way. Kid in collage? Tell him.
I'll always contest it though, and won my last time in court with a warning to not be seen back here. In Ma, with a 3 year clean record, the Magistrate has an option to dismiss the case. They know you already lost a days pay. And if you loose or just send the money in your insurance goes up for 5 years here.
Have a resonble story lined up if you go to court.I came up with a story of forgetting my medication and cell phone and being more worried about getting to the next phone booth that I could, for help-all bull shit (I jammed the brakes on when I saw the cop, while doing 135mph, got me at 85 in a 55).It was early Sunday morrning and I thought I'd let the Max unwind was the truth. The Magistrates will ask if you have those things with you now and it's a big help to have them-meds.The Maj. asked why I didn't tell all this to the officer. I told the magistraste that the policman was unaproachable and rude, which was true.
Seldom here do you get the same Cop that pulled you over in court. And they just want to get through the case load and get out of there. Dress neat, like a poor working stiff not a biker. Some cops and Judges hate bikers.The one that stopped me must of had his wife run off on the back of a black 89! I see this Cop all the time in that same spot-55-60 tops there now.
Steve

Polite and respectful goes a long way! I've been lucky but also in Indiana you can pay extra for a diferal then you only have to stay out of trouble for 6 months and they drop it from your record and no report to your ins or points on licence good for me as I have a CDL.

I jammed the brakes on when I saw the cop, while doing 135mph, got me at 85 in a 55

So you were doing nearly 2 1/2 times over the speed limit?

Whilst I have no idea of the road, conditions or possibility of others being on it IMHO you would have deserved a ban!

Whilst we may not agree with the limits set on some roads I can't help feeling that your actions did nothing for the image of bikers.

Rant over.

Bah....I've topped that....done 100 in a 30 before....3.3x the speed limit :rofl_200:

It was a road that should be 55, and was like 2am, but still thought it was pretty funny. I imagined the 30mph sign spinning around on the post as I went by.

Why buy a 145hp motorcycle if you just want to do the speed limit? A v-star 650 will get you to the speed limit with 1/5 the hp.

The night my brother and I got my new to me Max home we unloaded it from the truck, I warmed it up a bit and took it to the end of my resedential street where the speed limit is like 25mph, it had been raining on the other side of the state where I purchaced it so my test ride had been less than satisifying and I was looking to unleash the beast!.......It was like 12:30am and I cut it loose, by the time I went by my house I had already shifted to 4th and though I was not looking at the speedo I'm pretty sure I had eclipsed the century mark..............I know what you're thinking and you're right!......What a dumbass risky thing to do especially with no ins or plates!.........When I think back I cringe myself, this was a receipe for disaster and I had dodged a bullet......................Tom.

The night my brother and I got my new to me Max home we unloaded it from the truck, I warmed it up a bit and took it to the end of my resedential street where the speed limit is like 25mph, it had been raining on the other side of the state where I purchaced it so my test ride had been less than satisifying and I was looking to unleash the beast!.......It was like 12:30am and I cut it loose, by the time I went by my house I had already shifted to 4th and though I was not looking at the speedo I'm pretty sure I had eclipsed the century mark..............I know what you're thinking and you're right!......What a dumbass risky thing to do especially with no ins or plates!.........When I think back I cringe myself, this was a receipe for disaster and I had dodged a bullet......................Tom.
Damn Tom, we dodge bullets everytime we ride together :rofl_200:

So you were doing nearly 2 1/2 times over the speed limit?

Whilst I have no idea of the road, conditions or possibility of others being on it IMHO you would have deserved a ban!

Whilst we may not agree with the limits set on some roads I can't help feeling that your actions did nothing for the image of bikers.

Rant over.
  1. I have fun going fast sometimes, it gives me a rush, like a lot of riders everywhere. Do you get a rush being judgemental?
    31.gif
    or does fun in general piss you off?
  2. I don't give a dam what you think about what I do Maxmidnight.

Last edited:
Bah....I've topped that....done 100 in a 30 before....3.3x the speed limit :rofl_200:

It was a road that should be 55, and was like 2am, but still thought it was pretty funny. I imagined the 30mph sign spinning around on the post as I went by.

Why buy a 145hp motorcycle if you just want to do the speed limit? A v-star 650 will get you to the speed limit with 1/5 the hp.

My sentiments Ryan, I bought a motorcycle in general to have some fun with. It's a bike with great accleration. Why have it if you don't use it once in a while.I've ridden with plenty of people on this site. Usually they're in front of me. Sometimes I air it out. I think I ride on the conservative side for the most part.
Steve

I had a little chuckle to myself.

Here's my 2 cents...
99.9% of motorcycle riders break the law every time they ride. :eusa_dance:
As a result of this, 99.9% (OK, less) of police here will understand the difference between riding to stay alive, and placing yourself in danger. If there are 10 cars doing the same speed (speeding), then you go faster to get away from them.

That's the end of that story. No-one will ever be able to tell me otherwise. F*k your rules, it's my life.

Now, that brings about a state of mind. I, for one, do not need to follow the road rules. I have just said that. If I do, I will die.
So then it becomes a judgement call. How much do I break the law?

For this reason I cannot pass judgement on any rider who tells me he has broken the law. We all do it! It's a personal judgement how fast you go on any given road, under the given conditions.

Where I can make an exception to this rule is when you get caught. If you get caught, you were doing something wrong.
It's like the joke "It isn't illegal unless you get caught". It really is true. Why? Becuse you didn't see the f*ing policeman. What if he was a child playing ball? Stranger things have happened.

I'm not poking this at you Steve, because these are the judgement calls we make, and we all get busted. It's your call dude. And the sneaky pricks think it's fair to hide. :damn angry:

When I get busted, I'm polite and compliant. He is the guy who I want to book other people for not looking and changing lanes. He should be working in my best interests.
I'm also surprised that I was doing XYZ, but concede that it is an easy mistake, that I must have made, and I'm sorry about that. Sir. Kind sir.
Unless sir has a chip on his shoulder.... :rofl_200:

Ride safe! :punk:

i WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - , YOU BLEW BY A PARKED COP AT 135 MPH AND STOPPED ? ... I'M GONNA HAVE TO THINK THIS ONE OVER ! . :a014:

i WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - WAIT - , YOU BLEW BY A PARKED COP AT 135 MPH AND STOPPED ? ... I'M GONNA HAVE TO THINK THIS ONE OVER ! . :a014:

ha ha ha ha
Yeah, weren't you in the next state by the time he put down his donut and coffee? :rofl_200:

Lol, lesson learned Tim. I knew you'd bag me for stopping.lol I was going the speed limit a good mile before pulling over.
Once they clock you-done. You can't brake your way out. I'm not sure if he gave me a brake or really saw 85mph. He (Cop) wasn't in a talkative mood that's for sure.
Steve

Last edited:
  1. I have fun going fast sometimes, it gives me a rush, like a lot of riders everywhere. Do you get a rush being judgemental?
    31.gif
    or does fun in general piss you off?
  2. I don't give a dam what you think about what I do Maxmidnight.

I'll not start a public slanging match Steve so have responded in private.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me or that my views are correct - but I do expect the right to express my opinions!

Lol, lesson learned Tim. I knew you'd bag me for stopping.lol I was going the speed limit a good mile before pulling over.
Once they clock you-done. You can't brake your way out. I'm not sure if he gave me a brake or really saw 85mph. He (Cop) wasn't in a talkative mood that's for sure.
Steve
i I'M NOT "BAGGING" YOU AT ALL . . "LOL""LOL" .. BUT I DO KNOW ITS A SPLIT SECOND DECISION , DO I RUN ? . OR DO I STOP ! ... OVER THE YEARS , EARLY ON , WHEN I USED TO PULL OVER , I LOST MY LICENSE 4 TIMES , THEN I STARTED RUNNING , AND LET ME TELL YOU , RUNNING IS MUCH MORE FUN AND ECONOMICAL ! . :biglaugh: . :rofl_200: . :punk: HERE'S MY DRIVING RECORD ! . http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=5332

Latest posts

Back