Strange fuel problem Gas Cap

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firedx11

Reaction score
Occasionally when I come to a stop and then try to take off again, the bike will cut off like it has run out of gas but it will start and idle just fine. As soon as I give it some throttle, it will die again. I then have to cut the motor, take off the gas cap (tons of suction) put the cap back on, and the bike will then run normal again. Anyone else have this happen and know what causes this?

Plus 1 what Danny said... I check and make sure the gas line not kink right under the air box the silver clamp that holds the gas line at back of the carbs this happen to me last year.... When I was out of town line bend close and open right at that silver gas line clamp holder. Small things to check...

Yep, definately the vent line is plugged at the tank or the tubing coming from vent line has an obstruction. There is a tip over valve on the line leading from the vent tube that may be stuck or needs replacing, its there in case the bike falls over gas won't spill out

Back