strange police encounter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Kratzenberg

Reaction score
So it was a great day sunday for a ride...
I was at a traffic light on rt 30 in the slow lane behind traffic.
I decided to pass the traffic in the fast lane, checked behind me all was clear.
I got on the throttle a little but i certainly wasn't over the limit by more than 10 or 15 mph. Quit a bit of traffic so it took a while to pass everyone.
I happen to look in my mirror and there is an unmarked state boy right on my ass. Now when i say right on my ass, i mean that i cant see his front bumper he was so close. I just slowly finished passing the last car and put my signal on to go back to the slow lane. I thought for sure he was coming in behind me to light me up, but he didnt. He pulled right next to me and was staring at me through the passenger window and I swear this went on for a good 3 miles. he wouldnt take his eyes off me and it was starting to freak me out. He never gave me a slow it down signal or a thumbs up or anything. maybe he wanted to race me :hmmm:
I'm sure he ran my plate when he was behind me but whats up with the staring for miles???

Maybe he was looking you over to see if you were the guy who rocked his wife's world the other night:clapping:
Seriously though...I've no idea:ummm:

+1, it's the bike for sure Bill. She's a real looker and could do well in any show. And, you've done more since I saw it last.
Post us up a pic or two so everyone can see what I mean.
Steve

Last edited:
Was it this guy?

COP.jpg

^ :rofl_200:
It's Definitely the Bike.
I have actually been pulled over before just so the Officer could ask me about my VMax and mine is nowhere near as nice as yours.

Did you notice the car behind you that you had just passed? It was the rest of the Village People....... They were lookin' for a place to stay.....Y.M.C.A.

I am sure it was the bike, I mean I would hope it was the bike...lol. Even though there are many Vmax's, you don't see alot of them on the road. So when you do it is a treat for some of us and for some it is what the heck is that reaction. The cop was probably so used to the cookie cutter V twins that mimmick the Harleys, that he was amazed to see something different.

Todd

That would freak me out too Bill....I don't like it when cops exhibit spooky behavior, anyone actually....but especially the guys with the guns!! :th_smilie::th_smilie::th_smilie:

He was probably just droolin over your killer bike Bill! But for that long would have freaked me out too.

That happened to me, got pulled over, the reason he gave me was a lie, said I had a nice bike, he was maybe gay or just trying to flex his power. Anyhow next day I was at his station reading the riot act to his superior.

O

The China Lake Murders starring Tom Skerritt & Michael Parks, ever see it? About a freaky cop.

I happen to look in my mirror and there is an unmarked state boy right on my ass. Now when i say right on my ass, i mean that i cant see his front bumper he was so close.

This is the part that would have had me at his station looking to talk with his superior that afternoon. What that cop did was 100% complete BULLSHIT. There is absolutely no reason on this planet why he needs to tailgate a motorcycle so close. The practice is both stupid and exceptionally dangerous, and in his little exhibition of legal muscle, put you and other drivers around you in danger.

If he was going to pull you over, then do it. If he wanted by you then blip the lights and make his intentions known, but stay back a SAFE distance.

Maybe it was Michael Parks on a CHP bike. Man, watching that would make you not want to stop for a cop. Around here they say you don't have to stop immediately in a remote area if it's not a marked cruiser, that you can keep going until you get to where there are people, like a convenience store or a strip shopping center, or something. Just go at a reduced pace, so the guy doesn't think you are going to 'rabbit' on him (or should I say, "go 'Coprunner'...")

The 1st time I watched "The China Lake Murders," it made my skin crawl. I bet there were FOP's that protested the premise.

This is the part that would have had me at his station looking to talk with his superior that afternoon. What that cop did was 100% complete BULLSHIT. There is absolutely no reason on this planet why he needs to tailgate a motorcycle so close. The practice is both stupid and exceptionally dangerous, and in his little exhibition of legal muscle, put you and other drivers around you in danger.

If he was going to pull you over, then do it. If he wanted by you then blip the lights and make his intentions known, but stay back a SAFE distance.

I agree completely, there's no reason to ever tailgate anyone bike or car that close and it chaps my ass when they do that shit cause they are just trying to make you nervous so you'll make a mistake and pull you over... I had a bad experience at my house with the police and have lost all respect for them...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Last cop I had a conversation with on the side of the road,told me to "get that helmet off", then said " put it back on" right away? I think he was telling me I'm butt ugly. So what, if Tina is neer sighted.
rofl_200.gif

My bike was clean? I beat the ticket in court by the way. Cops can be creepy
sometimes. Unmarked car? you never really know if it's a cop or not.
Steve-o

he was on a power trip.....best thing to do is hold yer cool.

dont fuel the ego:biglaugh:

......or perhaps he was gay, and just found you physically attractive.

+1 This was my first thought too. Maybe next time you could let go the clutch side, grab your crotch, and blow heshe a kissypoo? :biglaugh:

i agree completely, there's no reason to ever tailgate anyone bike or car that close and it chaps my ass when they do that shit cause they are just trying to make you nervous so you'll make a mistake and pull you over... I had a bad experience at my house with the police and have lost all respect for them...

+1000 :bang head:

ya thats not cool bill, i guess there was a line up of cars behind you now not willing to come up behind the cop eh?
you still have the nos bottle hanging of the bike? maybe he was pushing you to see if you would freak and start to run......then he would have a good reason to chase/stop you......obviously you kept it cool like a cucumber.......good stuff.....

Back