Strange symptoms & unusual problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The answer to this perplexing problem is this.....The main bleed pipe in #4 carb fell out when I pulled the larger rubber plug! What was happening was the bleed pipe had come loose, or was never tightened, or something, so it was free to move up and down inside the jet block.

At idle it would sink to the bottom of the bore because there was not enough vacuum or fuel flow to pull it up. In the 'down position' it would block off most of the main jet and only allow spurts of gas thru. On heavy throttle the pipe would be pulled up or fuel would be pulled by and the bike would run fine.

A good cleaning, float adjust, needle shim and A/F screw adjust and this is one of the best running, sweetest sounding V Max's I've ever heard!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Thanks all for your guesses....they were good ones! :worthy:

BTW, and to hijack my own thread, you cannot adjust float levels according to the little circle cast on the jet block.....These floats were set by my little gauge and were halfway down the circle. Wet levels on the double check were dead nuts on 17mm....so the circles may get you close some of the time and some of the time be way off.

And always do a wet level verification check!

Sorry for the hijack Danny! :worthy:

Oh, that's OK Danny! :clapping:

nice find dann-o, i can totally see what you are laying down........my only issue is that you were into the carbs and you thought all was good with just a float set and looked at it and put it all back together to only have to open it up again......that doesnt sound like you dannymax, whats going on.....you stressed out or something......maybe the lack of vboost has gotten to you, i recommend you go out, experience multiple vboost action on the taconic, run away from the cops hide in back of a restau, have lunch and repeat, just dont lead them to the compound.....you might need to add some nos just incase bahahahahha

so i was close if i was in a backwards world, not too much fuel, not enough fuel........mmmmm wonder now about v1 issues........wait wait wait it works just leave it alone right lol

nice find dann-o, i can totally see what you are laying down........my only issue is that you were into the carbs and you thought all was good with just a float set and looked at it and put it all back together to only have to open it up again......that doesnt sound like you dannymax, whats going on.....you stressed out or something......maybe the lack of vboost has gotten to you, i recommend you go out, experience multiple vboost action on the taconic, run away from the cops hide in back of a restau, have lunch and repeat, just dont lead them to the compound.....you might need to add some nos just incase bahahahahha

No Rov, I went completely thru them the first time around, found & fixed the issue, then put them back on the bike.

Totally agree with you on the multiple v-boost aps, and will begin therapy soon.....but you know I'd never just do a float adjust and put them back together....how did you come by that theory? :ummm:

so i was close if i was in a backwards world, not too much fuel, not enough fuel........mmmmm wonder now about v1 issues........wait wait wait it works just leave it alone right lol

Yup, you were very close! :clapping:

I'd like to know if the bleed pipe was bobbing up and down as fuel demand changed or if increased demand would pull fuel by, but not at idle altho that's probly not the case.

Yeah, sounds like a normal warm up issue....leave it be!! :punk::punk::punk: :rofl_200:

No Rov, I went completely thru them the first time around, found & fixed the issue, then put them back on the bike.

Totally agree with you on the multiple v-boost aps, and will begin therapy soon.....but you know I'd never just do a float adjust and put them back together....how did you come by that theory? :ummm:

well the cameras are lying to me i guess haha. no i missed the coffee and wasnt thinking right dann-o.....lol i figured you gave them a first rate medical and wouldnt miss that. i must have miss read and thought you had to do it twice.....my bad my bad.....:biglaugh:

[/COLOR]

well the cameras are lying to me i guess haha. no i missed the coffee and wasnt thinking right dann-o.....lol i figured you gave them a first rate medical and wouldnt miss that. i must have miss read and thought you had to do it twice.....my bad my bad.....:biglaugh:

No prob Rov, thought my wording might have suggested that.....ain't too good at s'plainin' stuff ya kno?? :ummm:

Good stuff Danny! Nice looking Max, too!

You're very kind Bob but it's really horrible and I know that!! It WILL be nice tho....by spring I reckon! Gotta go all thru her and see exactly what I got....then decide on a nice gloss black or a House of Colors deep metallic burgundy with black scoops....think the HOC will win.

+1 on the color dan, i much like v1 deep metallic maroon, looks black but not in bright light

Back