Strays, wish I could take 'em all....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
This sweet little girl has adopted
my worksite. Comes by often for handouts. A few weeks ago she obviously had a litter and was skinny as heck. Then we didn't see her for a few weeks. One of my co-workers said he spotted her squashed in the road about a mile away.

Then today she shows back up looking healthy and happy. No tire marks on her either.
I'm tempted to take her back to Texas with me, she is sweet as all get out...,ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374517950.845352.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1374517990.561385.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1374518015.593383.jpg

some asshole probably dumped her because she was expecting, if you could follow her to her litter you could save a family.

Of the thirteen(13) cats we currently feed & ann'l shots etc, ZERO(0) of them were sought out. Each and every one of them were either strays running loose w/o collars, or kittens of ones that were dumped. We live out in the country, but they somehow find out we have a food bowl on our back porch and come straggling up. (I think they have a secret communication network) The last two were pretty thin when they arrived. We've found a home or two for a couple along the way, and managed to give away a few kittens over the years, but I get attached. We get them spayed or neutered as soon as we can. I think the neighbors refer to us as the cat people.

Of the thirteen(13) cats we currently feed & ann'l shots etc, ZERO(0) of them were sought out. Each and every one of them were either strays running loose w/o collars, or kittens of ones that were dumped. We live out in the country, but they somehow find out we have a food bowl on our back porch and come straggling up. (I think they have a secret communication network) The last two were pretty thin when they arrived. We've found a home or two for a couple along the way, and managed to give away a few kittens over the years, but I get attached. We get them spayed or neutered as soon as we can. I think the neighbors refer to us as the cat people.

A title to be proud of! Good for you guys! :thumbs up:

Yeah if I had lots of money I would be adopting & taking in strays constantly. I applaud those who have the cash to do it. I have been wanting to adopt another dog bad. I just have not got the other half to agree to it yet since they are not always cheap to care for properly.

Also, our Lab/hound mix dog is also a neighborhood walkup. "Buddy" goes everywhere, including work, with Shala almost every day. The residents at the nursing home get angry if Buddy don't show up most days a week. He's now a therapy dog. We're kinda glad someone dropped him off, or allowed him to become lost w/o an ID collar.

This sweet little girl has adopted
my worksite. Comes by often for handouts. A few weeks ago she obviously had a litter and was skinny as heck. Then we didn't see her for a few weeks. One of my co-workers said he spotted her squashed in the road about a mile away.

Then today she shows back up looking healthy and happy. No tire marks on her either.
I'm tempted to take her back to Texas with me, she is sweet as all get out...,View attachment 38059View attachment 38060View attachment 38061

Just curious, in that first pic are you in a substation

Just curious, in that first pic are you in a substation

Yep. I do testing, checkout and commissioning, Protection and Controls, for new subs and substation additions and modifications.
Job I'm on now is a Scada mod/addition to a lot of old PG&E subs in California.

Yep. I do testing, checkout and commissioning, Protection and Controls, for new subs and substation additions and modifications.
Job I'm on now is a Scada mod/addition to a lot of old PG&E subs in California.

I thought so. I'm a substation electrian for Teco Energy, Doble test transmission & distribution transformers. It's not to often I meet another rock kicker.

That's awesome. Its a good trade. As I'm sure you know. Will never worry about employment.
I'm with Dashiell. We do design/build subs all over the country. Mostly Western states. Based in Texas which is my home.

We rescue too. I quit counting the cats. We have 5 dogs . All are somebody elses problems I guess. I think the neighbors refer to us as the Dumb Asses !

Next week makes 23 yrs for me. Job security pretty safe for us, only thing we got to watch out for is the high voltage

You know honestly I feel safer in a sub than I ever did doing other industrial electrical work. I did HV maintenance for Lyondell Chemical for 17 years before this. Lots of indoor switchgear which offers a lot of opportunities to do something dumb for sure, or just plain equipment failure that blows up in your face. I've had two 13.8kV indoor breakers arc flash on me during that time. Racking Mech and finger stab failure both times. Luckily I was geared up or I wouldn't be here.
At least with outdoor apparatus you always have a giant air gap that you can see that tells you its de-energized. And most utilities do their own switching so I don't have to.
I know the same thing doesn't apply to distribution line work. Risky as fuck.
But fortunately I've never done line work. Now its a little apparatus testing but mostly protection and controls, relays, Scada work etc...

My main hazard is doing something stupid and tripping out a bunch of customers. : )

Small world.

working on the commercial industrial side of things, we rely on you guys to provide us with constant reliable l

We adopted a stray from the Humane Society & got it chipped (electronic implant I.D.) immediately. A very affectionate dog, he makes us laugh every day. I couldn't catch him if he didn't want me to! A Manchester Terrier, he is a proven ratter, he hates vermin! Squirrels better take to the trees and climb high, because when he chases them, he will climb the tree if the branches allow him to, in-pursuit!

Here's a shot of what happened to me when I tried to scoot a stray out of a 5-lane road in Miami FL before he was killed. My wife's door was open after we stopped and I got out to shoo him out of traffic. He ran-across the traffic lanes and hopped onto her lap! When I tried to remove him, after telling her I was going to, and to use her hands and forearms to cover her face from the dog, he did this. The other hand was about the same. The right hand got infected, and I had to go under general anesthesia to get it cleaned-out, in the hospital. That was even-though I went immediately to an ambulatory care-center for oral antibiotics and took them for a couple weeks. No good deed goes unpunished. :damn angry:

As for the power grid stuff, I have had a few interesting PM's w/Rusty McNeil, you have to be good to not be injured working around high tension equipment. My wife is 34 years an E.E., (my daughter is also an E.E.) and reviews the plans and issues the settings for being able to return equipment to service. Very high-pressure, "no mistakes-allowed!" I am very proud of them.

Attachments

• IMG_1556.jpg
    IMG_1556.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0958.jpg
    IMG_0958.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1039.jpg
    IMG_1039.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 18
Bless all your hearts.. I have 5 cats now, had 6, 2 passed and the 5th recently came to live with me and the others. He's sleeping soundly on the couch as I type this. All rescued from the street.

Back