Swing arm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscar_sande

Reaction score
Can that black plastic insert in the swing arm be taken off? Because I'm about to take all my stuff over to the shot blaster and don't want the plastic to die :(

Yeah Oscar. Pry it off carefully so there is no damage. Pops back in with your hand. Not all are black many are grey.

not sure i remember any black plastic piece? where is it on the swingarm?

The little plastic plug on top of the arm near the u joint.

Never saw a black one. What years were black? Might have to buy one of those if they are cheap.

The little plastic plug on top of the arm near the u joint.

Never saw a black one. What years were black? Might have to buy one of those if they are cheap.

ditto, altho not sure i ever see it. i just put a permanent marker on it.

Wait! I'm not talking about the little round rubber plug that sits on top of the swing arm, I'm talking about the black plastic "tube" that's found inside the swing arm where the drive shaft is. Can that one be taken out?

inside of the swingarm should be all metal i think?

well mine has a sort of "sleeve" that's sitting in there. I've tried to pop it out with minimal force but it hasn't come out.

for sure (i think). i'll take a photo of it soon and post it. weird though because it doesn't show on the exploded diagrams

i'm full of doubt now...maybe its metal...either way...the swing arm is silver and inside it there is a black "sleeve" that i'm not sure can be taken out

now that i think about it i maybe remember some cylindrical piece in my stock one.. but i think it was metal.

ok so here are the pictures, that "skirt" i mentioned IS metal! so...can it be taken out?

picture.php

picture.php

ok so here are the pictures, that "skirt" i mentioned IS metal! so...can it be taken out?

picture.php

picture.php

yea its definitely metal, i don't know if it can be taken out without cutting a piece of the swingarm off, and there is no need to remove it for powdercoating.

Looks like a case of more brawn than brains.

Dont lie, I see you taking a wack at it with a screw driver and a hammer.

I have a question about turning a chain drive wheel into one that fits on my max. I have a 1990 and will be getting a notched swing arm soon. I was just wondering what I need to do to switch the chain drive wheel to the shaft drive.

Back