Tail ligt

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Palli

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out where that bracket attaches to the bike. I prefer the LED that replaces the reflector behind the seat. I'll dig up a picture of mine.

I'm trying to figure out where that bracket attaches to the bike. I prefer the LED that replaces the reflector behind the seat. I'll dig up a picture of mine.

So you do not have the original taillight installed ?

Where do you put the number plate ?

Attachments

• plate.jpg
    plate.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 27
  • tail2.jpg
    tail2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 23
  • tail3.jpg
    tail3.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 30
  • bike1.jpg
    bike1.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 24
Has anyone seen this taillight on a max ??

What what is the best looking taillight in your opinion ? :hmmm:
Personally i like the monster max taillight but it is really expensive, especially if you live in Iceland (like i do) fucking import taxes & poor exchange rate.

Please show me some pics of you modifaction..
Regard.

Here is the LED tail lights on my bike and one from Chris-4Gasem, who told me about it. Just go to www.motorcyclemods.com

The replacement for the reflector I purchased from a guy off e-bay who makes them for the Vmax. Although I havent seen him selling them lately:confused2:

Total for both was $130

Last edited:
Will try to post pics of my tail light system today. Did my whole change over for under $25 Cdn using an LED strip under the tail (running light) and an LED marker light for a trailer that replaces my reflector under the grab rail (total cost for that light was $4 and it is wired up as my brake light). I do have a side mounted plate which is the only way my setup can be done.

Here's some pics of mine - bracket came from an aftermarket Harley Softail with a catseye taillight - slightly modified - wanted it to relocate signal lights for saddlebags.

Mike

Attachments

• P1010023.jpg
    P1010023.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 38
  • P1010028.jpg
    P1010028.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 30
Are the turnsignal and license mounts and taillight all on one bracket? That looks like a good solution for relocating the turnsignals. What was your source and cost?

Are the turnsignal and license mounts and taillight all on one bracket? That looks like a good solution for relocating the turnsignals. What was your source and cost?

It's all on one bracket - here's an old thread that I started when I was doing the mock up - Cost was minimal for me as I already had the parts from my Harley building days - Should be able to get one off ebay for fairly cheap. If you're real interested, PM me and I can give you more indepth description of what needs to be done to it.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=3402&highlight=taillight

Mike

Back