The Max is here! Let the modding Begin!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagnaVMax

Reaction score
It finally has arrived to my buddy's shop! And now the fun begins. Sounds like LankeeYankee left it a tangle of wires and shit going everywhere. We'll get it all sorted out and fixed up though! :punk: :eusa_dance:

If you want to check out my buddy's work just go here http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2208438412&v=wall ... He has some good photo's up in there, you can also check out Sam's (the owners) facebook page as well. He has pics of all his custom bikes and cars on there.

I'm pumped!!!

Attachments

• 282412_587979552905_80402800_32533702_4461195_n.jpg
    282412_587979552905_80402800_32533702_4461195_n.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 283303_587979677655_80402800_32533704_1893412_n.jpg
    283303_587979677655_80402800_32533704_1893412_n.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 284793_587979507995_80402800_32533701_4127866_n.jpg
    284793_587979507995_80402800_32533701_4127866_n.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 161
It finally has arrived to my buddy's shop! And now the fun begins. Sounds like LankeeYankee left it a tangle of wires and shit going everywhere. We'll get it all sorted out and fixed up though! :punk: :eusa_dance:

Congratulations to a new Vmax Dad :punk:

I'll be darned....you bought ol' Lankee's ride, ey? Congratulations!

How's the little guy doin'? :confused2:

I'd burn the seat tho....there will be huge amounts of burito.....ah, well.....best just burn it!! :rofl_200:

I'd burn the seat tho....there will be huge amounts of burito.....ah, well.....best just burn it!! :rofl_200:

Lol yeah sure did. It's not in the greatest condition but a little TLC will fix that. I am a proud father :eusa_dance: !!!

Lankee was real helpful with the whole deal. Palatalized all the extra parts and the two other motors for me and helped out with getting it all loaded up with the shippers to get it over to KS.

Should be an interesting build to say the least!

Is this current engine the one he welded back up from the broken oil filter adapter? I think it had a good strong mph at the track. He didn't ride the bike easy so there may be some other issues in that engine too besides the simple tick/knock. I didn't realize it was his when I saw the ad.

Wow I seen that one on craigslist here in TN but thought it might be more than I wanted to take on ,,,a bunch of extras though ,,,keep us updated on your progress

Is this current engine the one he welded back up from the broken oil filter adapter? I think it had a good strong mph at the track. He didn't ride the bike easy so there may be some other issues in that engine too besides the simple tick/knock. I didn't realize it was his when I saw the ad.

Not sure if it's the same engine or not. I have my buddy going through it with a fine tooth comb. Gotta get this baby back in good condition!

You can probably do a search for threads started by him to see what all he may have done to it.

You can probably do a search for threads started by him to see what all he may have done to it.

Yeah i've found a wide variety of posts from him about his bike and the things he's done. Sounds like he was a little less then honest about the motor noise. Friend is saying it's a lot more than just a ticking noise :bang head: ...

Sean he may actually be giving you a call sometime today to ask you about it, since you have more time with these machines. He said it's more of a knocking noise. He's thinking possibly rod or something top end.

Anyone wanna trade 3 broke down motors for one good one :confused2: ??? :bang head: :damn angry:

LOL, the burrito saga!:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
Danny may be right about the seat....

It would be interesting to see if you could figure out what he did to get the tachometer to read correctly. He had mentioned that he modified it internally so he didn't have to use a t-boost type circuit but never actually explained what he did.

Congrats and good luck on the bike. Looks like hes got all kinds of goodies on it. Why did he sell it anyway?

Yeah i've found a wide variety of posts from him about his bike and the things he's done. Sounds like he was a little less then honest about the motor noise. Friend is saying it's a lot more than just a ticking noise :bang head: ...

A friend of mine is on a Busa forum that he popped up on. He tends to stretch the truth a tad. There is post that he was talking about his 170hp all motor Vmax that made 225hp on nitrous. He's got an odd sense of humor, He's okay I guess, provided its in small dosages.

It would be interesting to see if you could figure out what he did to get the tachometer to read correctly. He had mentioned that he modified it internally so he didn't have to use a t-boost type circuit but never actually explained what he did.

My friend is going through all the wiring that he left behind in the bike right now and yanking out all the extra's that aren't needed. He will also be sorting out and cleaning up what is needed. So i will let you know what he finds. I'll keep ya updated on it.

Just placed my order with Exactrep. Can't wait for the parts to get in so we can send the body work in to paint! Going to be a beautiful Satin black and polished aluminum look for the bike. A bad ass industrial look!

Will have some chrome scoops and the side covers that are currently on the bike up for sale.

Just placed my order with Exactrep. Can't wait for the parts to get in so we can send the body work in to paint! Going to be a beautiful Satin black and polished aluminum look for the bike. A bad ass industrial look!

Cool, I'm a big fan of the industrial/Steampunk look. If you don't mind letting the cat out of the bag, what parts did you order. Have you taken a look at what Boxenstopp has to offer?

It's going to be a good thing watching this build :punk:

Cool, I'm a big fan of the industrial/Steampunk look. If you don't mind letting the cat out of the bag, what parts did you order. Have you taken a look at what Boxenstopp has to offer?

It's going to be a good thing watching this build :punk:

Man don't know how i missed this site! Thanks for the heads up... There is a few things in there i may end up picking up for the build.

I'm completely pumped about this build! I will keep you all updated with pictures and info throughout the whole build. You can also check out the gooichi facebook page, as my friend will be doing some picture updates as well.

As for parts i picked up a ratcatcher bellypan, Mega air scoops, and the flat tracker rear fender (this part will more than likely get modded a little to my taste). :punk:

Man don't know how i missed this site! Thanks for the heads up... There is a few things in there i may end up picking up for the build.

Sounds like your a man on a mission. I friended the guy working on your ride. Looks like it's in vary capable hands. :punk: Great choice on the bodywork.
Also Roger at fatmax.com has some body parts. I'm currently running one of his belly pans.

Attachments

• Vmax.jpg
    Vmax.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 30
  • P1030151.jpg
    P1030151.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 34
Sounds like your a man on a mission. I friended the guy working on your ride. Looks like it's in vary capable hands. :punk: Great choice on the bodywork.
Also Roger at fatmax.com has some body parts. I'm currently running one of his belly pans.

Beautiful max!!! That is the exact headlight config i was going for! You mind if i ask where i could pick something like that up?

Latest posts

Back