VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This should be an interesting Superbowl. Hopefully both teams bring their best games as I hate the 1 sided blow outs. Steelers will need Ward healthy for this game. The Steelers are great at blitzing, which supposedly you need to do against Warner, but it didn't work too well when the Eagles did it. If the Steelers can't shut down Fitzgerald or James puts in a good running game, I can see Arizona winning.

This should be an interesting Superbowl. Hopefully both teams bring their best games as I hate the 1 sided blow outs. Steelers will need Ward healthy for this game. The Steelers are great at blitzing, which supposedly you need to do against Warner, but it didn't work too well when the Eagles did it. If the Steelers can't shut down Fitzgerald or James puts in a good running game, I can see Arizona winning.

i'm sure it will be a great game to watch...But you know what they say, defense's win championships.I'm sure Lebeau will put together a great game plan for warner.

i'm sure it will be a great game to watch...But you know what they say, defense's win championships.I'm sure Lebeau will put together a great game plan for warner.

Hmm... it does in some ways, but if you remember back to the Superbowl XLI, Chicago had to be THE best defensive team but Indy won. Indy's defence was no slough, but Chicago had nothing for an offense with Grossman.

Ok guys , what the hell? 5 days before the big game and nobody has any comments or predictions? I think it will be a close game but the black & gold will win it. Steeler defense is just unbelievable!!!

Redbone you sure are quiet for a steeler fan?/?
Anybody else a steeler fan ?
how about a cardinal fan?

I'm so excited about this superbowl i decorated my house, yard, and truck...
What do you think?

Attachments

• 0128091243 (Small).jpg
    0128091243 (Small).jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 13
I have been quiet but it's a quiet confidence. I think the Steelers will be able to move Warner around in the pocket, something he doesm't like to do. If they can get to him early it should be a big advantage for the Steelers. James may get a few bursts but they will be able to cut down his running lanes and minimize his effect. Fitzgerald will be a tough guy to cover, along with Bolden that should be their best chance at moving the ball.
On the Steelers offensive side I am much more confident in the O line abilities to protect Big Ben. If they can keep that up it could really open up the Steelers offense. Parker will have to get a few yards to keep the Def line honest, if he has the confidence like he had going ito the Ravens game we should be good in the running department. Ben is going to have to stretch the field a couple of times with Holmes/ Washington to keep the def backs from breaking on the ball early. Ward being healthy (hopefully) gives them a good possesion receiver along with TE Miller to get that 1st down when needed.
So, I'm thinking it should be a good game, whoever turns the ball over is going to put themselves in a tough spot. The Steelers are in a better position, because of their defense, to handle the turnovers better than the Cards.
My prediction is: Steelers 35 Cardinals 27:punk:

Fine fine, I'll go out on a limb and say.

Yes it will be a fun game to watch..... for Steeler fans.

This is going to be another axe murder of a superbowl. I'll take Pittsburgh by 16.

I think it will be a fairly close game but I'm going for the upset and say Arizona wins. It's true Warner likes to stay in the pocket however Roethlisberger, I think, has the highest number of sacks in the NFL this year. That doesn't give me much confidence in their O line plus is Ward still hurt? Fitzgerald will be the defining point in this game. If Polamalu can't keep him under wraps, he is going to get a lot of points. He is like another Jerry Rice, always gets the ball!

I predicted already a steeler win 30-14.

All those Parker 6" runs is going to have to wear them out.

I think it will be a fairly close game but I'm going for the upset and say Arizona wins. It's true Warner likes to stay in the pocket however Roethlisberger, I think, has the highest number of sacks in the NFL this year. That doesn't give me much confidence in their O line plus is Ward still hurt? Fitzgerald will be the defining point in this game. If Polamalu can't keep him under wraps, he is going to get a lot of points. He is like another Jerry Rice, always gets the ball!

ditto

I have looked at Arizona's defense and I not seeing anything that would compare to what the Ravens threw at the Steelers. I really think the O line should be able to protect Ben, no matter how long he holds the ball, as he is prone to do. Once Holmes/ Washington have run off both corners and a safety or two, Ward/ Miller are going to have a field day 10 - 15 yards at a time.
Warner should be easier to read contained in the pocket and with the coverage the Steelers DB's and safety's provide it should be mighty tough for the Cardinal's receivers to break free for much. Yes that includes Fitzgerald too, the Steelers are great one on one tacklers.
It should be a entertaining game to watch, especially for the Steeler Nation!:punk:

Going to be a great game. I think the Arizona will not go down with out a fight with Kurt Warner at the helm. That being said, the defense of the steelers is just Nasty gut eating scary!!!

Cheers to a solid game.:cheers:

It's gonna be a good one.....I'm figuring the Steelers to win by at least 13.
Last I heard the line was Cardinals & 6 1/2, don't think that's a good bet, too low!

I have looked at Arizona's defense and I not seeing anything that would compare to what the Ravens threw at the Steelers. I really think the O line should be able to protect Ben, no matter how long he holds the ball, as he is prone to do. Once Holmes/ Washington have run off both corners and a safety or two, Ward/ Miller are going to have a field day 10 - 15 yards at a time.
Warner should be easier to read contained in the pocket and with the coverage the Steelers DB's and safety's provide it should be mighty tough for the Cardinal's receivers to break free for much. Yes that includes Fitzgerald too, the Steelers are great one on one tacklers.
It should be a entertaining game to watch, especially for the Steeler Nation!:punk:

Ward is still listed on the injury list as Questionable, even Ben is on there with a back injury. It would be interesting if they stuck Leftwich in there! True Arizona is not know for their defense. Pittsburgh is rated #1 and Arizona #18. However Arizona's offense is rated #4 where the Steelers are rate #22. In the end, points win the game. Look back at the Bears in their Superbowl game. Any defense that is out there too long is going to get worn down if the O line isn't holding up their end.
I think Warner is the "smarter" QB and that may be the big difference in the outcome. I realy hope this is a big passing game. I know the Steelers like to run the ball but I enjoy games where you have 2 great QBs that like to air out the ball. No matter who wins, I just hope it isn't a 1 sided blow out.

Arizona by a last second winning touchdown! I've seen dismal play by every team this year including these two teams. Who knows who is going to show up.

Hall of Fame Class Of 2009

Wide receiver Bob Hayes, guard Randall McDaniel, defensive end Bruce Smith, linebacker Derrick Thomas, owner Ralph Wilson, and defensive back Rod Woodson make up the Class of 2009 Pro Football Hall of Fame enshrinees. The new inductees will be formally enshrined on Saturday, August 8 in Canton.

Pittsburgh Steelers 6 times Superbowl Champions!!!!
GREAT GAME, Cardinals gave it a go but BIG BEN and SANTONIO HOLMES were great when they had to be!

Latest posts

Back