Thunder In The Valley 2011 -- Role Call?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the Pics and Video Mike.
A Gen 1 vs Gen 2 Burnout, where else could you see that !?!

@ Jim,
I couldn't have asked for a better event to attend after renewing my Membership.
I had a blast and the weather wasn't that bad, but your throttle seemed to be sticking quite a bit, better get that fixed. :lol:

Am "fixing" a part of the problem shortly. Bike will now have a "clacking" noise at idle, but I can deal with that:biglaugh:

I'm a little late replying but I agree with the others in saying that this was a great event. The 7 days I spent riding to, at and back from our YMOA Thunder event has to be one of most fun, action packed events I've been too! The people, the places, the Vmaxes were all excellant to be either with, at, riding on or with! I met a lot of new people, finally met some I have only talked with on VMF/ VMOA/ FB and of course all my friends I have already met were great fun. The organization and effort put in by the officers and volunteers was much apprecieated!:worthy:
Sure there was some rain, some issues with fuel :damn angry: and a lot of miles to get there it was all very worthwhile! I ended up riding close to 2600 miles and walking about 3! The last ride of the trip lasted 13 hours and covered some 600 miles to get home, a long ride for sure but it allowed time to think about the the whole trip and how much I enjoyed it!
Here are some pictures I took, the last picture that has the family dollar store in it shows in the background one of the mountains that Trevor, Dale, Larry and I flew down on Sunday afternoon.

Attachments

• IMG_1455.jpg
    IMG_1455.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1458.jpg
    IMG_1458.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1460.jpg
    IMG_1460.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1463.jpg
    IMG_1463.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1466.jpg
    IMG_1466.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1481.jpg
    IMG_1481.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1487.jpg
    IMG_1487.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1491.jpg
    IMG_1491.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1498.jpg
    IMG_1498.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1521.jpg
    IMG_1521.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 20
Glad to hear you got home safe and sound Brian!:clapping:
I have to say that the Sunday riding through those mountains was the best I've ever done. Gotta be careful looking at the fantastic scenery....easily go off the road.

Dale #2592

LOL!!! Yeah, lock up clutch, does affect my "launch" from a stop considerably. Gotta admit that it is fun though:punk: Cannot wait until next year!!!! 60 Vmax's with bad weather, wonder how many we can get if the weather is good:confused2: What I would love to see is a return to the days of 100+ Vmax's attending. Can you hear the roar:clapping:

Yes, I do recollect the early days when Thunder pulled in well over 100 vmax's. I think the most I ever seen was 117 at once. Amazing :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Lets get cracking and start working on everyone for next year. From what I hear from the majority, The Days Inn is the hot spot to be since we get more riding in being outside of Johnstown, PA and the hotel staff loves us!!!

Lovin' all the pics...thanks for posting them!

In pic #3 it looks like Redbone is keeping an eye.....er.....headlight on that pack of motley v max's!! Sargent Redbone!!:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
I parked there thinking that we were lining up for the parade, little did I know that we were still 15 miles from where the actual form up was to take place! Hey, it was was my first time there and I was mostly just following the Vmax in front of me from place to place!:biglaugh:

Yes, I do recollect the early days when Thunder pulled in well over 100 vmax's. I think the most I ever seen was 117 at once. Amazing :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Lets get cracking and start working on everyone for next year. From what I hear from the majority, The Days Inn is the hot spot to be since we get more riding in being outside of Johnstown, PA and the hotel staff loves us!!!
I agree that the Days Inn goes out it's way to accomodate us and it's a bonus that we get to ride some to get to Johnstown. Let's work to keep it in this location!:punk:

I parked there thinking that we were lining up for the parade, little did I know that we were still 15 miles from where the actual form up was to take place! Hey, it was was my first time there and I was mostly just following the Vmax in front of me from place to place!:biglaugh:

So this year you followed and next year your entitled to LEAD!!! :punk:

You just need to stay with us all next year. Plenty of room to crash with us having so many rooms. There's always a spare bathtub with your name on it :rofl_200:

It was great to finally meet you. I think everyone had an awesome time despite the inclement weather!

I've been known to pass out in tubs before as well as next to toilets, on fire escapes, in stairwells, and on floors so as long as I can find one of the above, I might just have to stay over Saturday night or friday night next year....

I am sure we can find you a place to crash if need be:biglaugh: Talked to Trevor about maybe next year the VMOA can have a room done up as a "hospitality room" with refridgerator and microwave etc. so we have a place to keep food for the BBQ. That way Steve, or whoever volunteers to do the BBQ, won't have a room full of food LOL. Want to make sure I make the scenic ride next year too!!! Got some excellent video with the HD camera on my handlebars that I need to upload this week. Unfortunately the rain kept it in my hotel room most of the weekend, but I did get some good footage riding into Somerset from Punxy!

I've been known to pass out in tubs before as well as next to toilets, on fire escapes, in stairwells, and on floors so as long as I can find one of the above, I might just have to stay over Saturday night or friday night next year....

Hey, at least your flexible to where you sleep/pass out! You could even get under the sink area since its carpeted and could be a bit warmer than the tub or toilet area.......:rofl_200:

I too would like to make a long scenic run next year. I will have to work on this if I'm on the committee next year too.

I would like to take you guys on a nice LONG scenic ride next year but I will really need more than 3 hours. I got plenty of nice scenic roads I would like to take, just need the time allotted to hit them all. I imagine I can be part of planning for next year too.

I would like to take you guys on a nice LONG scenic ride next year but I will really need more than 3 hours. I got plenty of nice scenic roads I would like to take, just need the time allotted to hit them all. I imagine I can be part of planning for next year too.

Perhaps have the run leave before breakfast and it would just be a quick stop somewhere for some grub and then continue with the ride? I just might have to come up on Thursday next year and catch up with you.

Mike, you have my phone number, feel free to call me any time. I think for planning next year we should set the committee up on conference calls for some of the planning so we can all be on the same page. As you know, some of my emails didn't make it through so if we had conference calls we would all know the answers we need instead of wondering if someone is just blowing us off by not returning an email.

I like the idea of a "hospitality" room for storing VMOA stuff in, the B.O.D can also use that room to conduct business in as well as provide me a slice of carpet under the sink to sleep/pass out on.....lol.

Hate to say, but my clutch at 6800 is slipping prematurely. Looking into doing the DD mod to stiffen it up and get some more mileage out of it before changing all the discs.

Ive got barnett's clutch in mine, great grab, but way stiffer clutch pull.

I can pull the clutch on my wifes vulcan with my pinky, but mine with barnetts almost requres a full hand squeeze.

Yeah I was talking with Sean Morley and he says to just go with the DD fix. Reading through the clutch threads is making me pull my hair so I will go with the extreme and if I dont like it go PCW spring thereafter....

Back