Too much Hot Pursuit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CustomMax

Reaction score
Well, I knew it was only a matter of time, but last night I must have had 5 different cops looking for me after I evaded one. I was cruising out thru North Park on some pretty empty (or so I thought) roads. I opened it up a little starting up a long hill. I was at about 85 mph when I saw lights kick on off the side of the road. Damn!! But he was at a dead stop and I had momentum on my side so I just took a quick look to see how good of a look he got of me but then figured I'd just say I didnt see him at all if he did close in behind me. So I headed for the open highway. That's when all hell broke loose I was up over 140 about a minute after hitting Rt19 of couse I kept checking and he kept coming but after I cut down a side street that parallels the highway I could see he was FLYING trying to catch up but I had crossed a couple oncoming lanes to lose him alltogether but then sure enough he was on the radio apparently cause I saw 2 more with lights flashing coming from 2 different directions. Well any sane person would have probably figured there was no way out of this one but then again I'm probably not exactly sane. I did cut through a old parking lot from an out of business 84 lumber and hid for about a half hour listening to sirens thinking they were probably getting more pissed bu y the minute. So after it quieted down for a few I started back onto the highway heading south. Just them a cop came flying out from behind a bldg. Well I guess I was just surprised to see him come out so quick but he was kinda coming head on. I reved it up popped the clutch and saw nothing but stars. But after bring it down I went between traffic at about 90 mph and kept in it. He was trying so hard to get thru traffic and turned around but there were just too many cars to get thru and by then I was probably a mile away. So I flew to and old church thats abandoned and drove inside the front doors and sat for about another hour. I'm sure they still wonder where the hell I went But luckily something else must have been more important because I pulled out and just rode home without incident. Think I'll stay off the PS3 need for speed game for awhile and oh yea better stay outta North Park for awhile too. Yee ha. Ed

Wow, a COPRUNNER in your own right......:rofl_200:Great Success Story...

Ahhh, flashback...... reminds me of the time I was late to work and was flying down the bypass and saw a cop heading the opposite direction. I checked my mirror and saw his brake lights come on. Needless to say it was hammer time and as luck would have it the shop where I worked had a large piece of machinery covered by a tarp right next to the door where I had to go in to punch in. I parked my max behind this machine and just as my hand reached the doorknob, this cops spotlight was scanning our parking lot. I walked in and punched the clock, ontime of course. And he never came in looking for me. whew...... :eusa_dance:
thanks for the memories, Bill

sweet, good job thinking on your feet and using oncoming traffic to help.

I love stuff like this....nothing like the rush of ditching the po-po. 1.2L against a 4.6 Interceptor or, more modernly, a 5.7L Charger. Real life cat 'n mouse....nothing like it.

You and me need to ride sometime...sounds like we think alike on the highway.

Great story . When it gets hot in the neighborhood , just another reason to have a second bike . ( or third , etc. )

That's a rush....ey, listening to all the sirens racing around trying to find you? Have a little experience with that....'back then'....of course! :punk:

COPRUNNER won't be on for a couple days till his cable's hooked up but I'll post this link to his PM.....he'll have a response.....guaranteed!! :rofl_200:

Sounds like quite a ride Ed. Glad to hear you got away. North Park is a bad place to try and have fun. Theres always a cop lurking out there.

Good story, I bet you were sweatin bullets Ed! Thank God for the abandoned church, eh? Be careful man!

Describe your heartbeat during this ordeal. Include descriptions of both rate and intensity please. :biglaugh:

THUMP THUMP THUMP!!!

It's really an indescribable rush of adrenalin when this stuff is happening.

Been there, done that, a time or three (back in the day).

Oh, and I just forwarded a link to this thread to the Northpark police department for their amusement too. lol

Just kidding of course, but since the statute of limitations can still bite you on this one, you might want to add some sort of disclaimer to your original post claiming it don't necessarily depict any real or implied situation that may or may not have actually occurred. :biglaugh:

Grats man! Well done and good to hear that you are in one piece after that ride. First time I hear that a church gives a hideout for a coprunner :rofl_200:

After you hid for the first time and that 2nd cop came after you, you could have stopped as they really didn't have anything on you. The first cop probably didn't get a good like at you and since they lost sight of you, anything that they would have ticketed you for would have been easy to defend in court with a good attorney. For all they know some Hells Angel was the culprit the first time and you were just an innocent guy riding home from a ride when the second one stopped you. Of course if you were drunk then thats a different story.

When I was a 'kid' I ran from a cop on my 1973 CB750 after he turned around from going the other way with his lights on. I bolted into a neighborhood and lost him. He picked me back up when I got on the next main drag and I gave him some BS story about me just coming from a different direction, I wasn't on that road, etc. I didn't get a ticket but I got a stern lecture about running from the cops in the future.

That's a rush....ey, listening to all the sirens racing around trying to find you? Have a little experience with that....'back then'....of course! :punk:

COP RUNNER won't be on for a couple days till his cable's hooked up but I'll post this link to his PM.....he'll have a response.....guaranteed!! :rofl_200:
i THANKS " DANNY " I'M ACTUALLY UP AND RUNNING FASTER THEN I THOUGHT ! . :punk: . AS FOR THE FELLOW " COP RUNNER " I ASK YOU , IS THERE ANYTHING BETTER THEN THAT RUSH ? . THATS THE WORST " HIDING OUT " AND WAITING , YOUR HEART STARTS BEATING EVEN HARDER THEN DURING THE CHASE WHEN YOUR TIRED OF WAITING ANYMORE AND YOU HIT THAT START BUTTON WITH THE FULL COMMITMENT OF KNOWING THAT IF YOU SEE THOSE RED FLASHING LIGHTS IN YOUR MIRROR , THAT THEY ARE ONCE AGAIN GOING TO " FADE " ! .. CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING AWAY AND EXPERIENCING A THRILL THAT ONLY A SELECT FEW GET TO EXPERIENCE !

Thanks to everyone for the supportive words, and to anyone who's had this "experience" like Coprunner said "IS THERE ANYTHING BETTER THEN THAT RUSH ? ." my answer is: HELL NO!!! But I don't recommend this to anyone unless, they have a good knowledge of the area their in. 2
They have enough patience to wait them out and 3, are quick thinking enough and smart enough to never let them get a good look at your license plate. Or if days later you do get pulled over by one of the cops that where chasing you, you tell them " I lent my bike to an out of town buddy that night named Jon Cornell. LOL

Glad you got away. I too have done that a time or ten. Back in the crotch rocket days.

Latest posts

Back