Towing WITH a Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outlaws justice

Reaction score
And not just towing, Towing Motorcycles with the Vmax. Yes, I have a truck, but who likes to spend their time driving a truck, so when I want to ride dirt or have to move a bike, I would rather ride than drive, so I have the Vmax to use for the hard duties that some of my other bikes cannot handle. I have hauled bikes for over 4,000 miles so far with this little custom trailer behind the Vmax.

1993Virago014.jpg

Trailer037.jpg

Trailer026.jpg

very nice setup! who's rear rotor is that?

i sometimes miss upstate new york. played rugby for fort drum and went to school in canton! originally from utica (whitesboro)

It looks like it'd have quite a bit of side-to-side give to it. Can you feel it giving back there while towing a loaded trailer?

It looks like it'd have quite a bit of side-to-side give to it. Can you feel it giving back there while towing a loaded trailer?

In a straight line, No, But hitting the curves yes, I have to really use good body position to set the bike solid and make sure to stay on the throttle so I do not get a push as well.

Hey, if a 4 hp noise maker can haul those big bike trailers. Then I say hell ya thats awesome. Why couldnt it do it? I bet emergency braking would be a real bitch tho. Looks good.

Peace,
Evan

Hey, if a 4 hp noise maker can haul those big bike trailers. Then I say hell ya thats awesome. Why couldnt it do it? I bet emergency braking would be a real bitch tho. Looks good.

Peace,
Evan

I have upgrade the brakes with 4 piston R-1 Calipers and braided lines. But I am looking into building a new trailer with a torsion bar axel and electric disc brakes.

That is a very nice set up...Really cool. But in the hill country in central Texas we do it a little different

funny-motorcycle-towing.jpg

and when we go to the grocery store we usually come home like this

Foul-Motorcycle-Ride.jpg

We LOVE our chicken here in Texas!!!

It appears to be strap for the lateral members, wouldn't tubular or rectangular stock add a lot of lateral stiffness?

2 Ticket Joe out of Dallas has a whole made hitch & that thing is stout I gaurantee you there is no movement in it. The hitch in this thread looks like one from hitch usa. http://www.hitchusa.com/Yamaha.html

This hitch is from Delmar and is designed for the Honda CX500 (CX650) Honda, the changes are in the supports, they had to be changed to reach the upper tail. The front of the Hitch is bolted at the Muffler mounting points.

Was wondering about that bottom brace, slick set-up! Think I can see a real need for some electric or inertia brakes tho.

Used to love that Clayton, Alex Bay run along the river....really nice cruisin'! :punk:

It sure does....and if Jim doesn't get his grub hooks off'n it, it'll never make it back to Ontario!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Back