Toxic update

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thevmaxrider

Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics of what Toxic is going through. The tank is cut open for welding in a notch piece, motor is split and tranny removed, and the poor bike is naked with no motor.....:surprise:

Attachments

• engine apart.jpg
    engine apart.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 126
  • Gas tank.jpg
    Gas tank.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 130
  • OMG where is my motor.jpg
    OMG where is my motor.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 123
Dude, just ride it. lol

Can't wait to see it finished Mr. Rodgers!

Me too!! Once this is done there isn't much more I can do to it. Though John Gainey has a set of 1570 pistons, Stage 4 heads, and Carrillo rods in a box with my name on it LOL. Looking at picking up a "donor" motor from an 02 or newer wrecked Max to have him do up over the winter.

hmm nows the time to send that crank down to Falicon shell out about $1600 and have a stroked and thier supercrank mods done to it (polished, lightened, balanced).

I think your gas mileage may suffer with a hole in it like that :confused2:

Received the headlight today :eusa_dance: Thanks again :punk:

Mike

I think your gas mileage may suffer with a hole in it like that :confused2:

Received the headlight today :eusa_dance: Thanks again :punk:

Mike

Yeah, need to have a hose hooked up directly to the pump with that tank LOL. You are very welcome sir! Glad you got it in one piece:biglaugh:

JIM , I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO SLEEP ! .. :rofl_200:.. QUESTION , WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO THE GAS TANK ? .. :confused2:

Trust Tom to do a great job as always. Sleeping quite well to be honest LOL. The tank has to be notched for the chain to clear it. Will loose ~0.5L of capacity, but can get the tank modified later to increase the capacity by about a half gallon or more.

Did Tom clean the inside of the tank or is that how it looked when he opened it up? No sign of ethanol rusting.

There was some gunk on the bottom of the tank. He also found that the hose on the bottom of the pump was directly on the bottom of the tank which is a no no. My fuel filter was full of gunk it sucked off the bottom, but he is shortening the hose 1/2" or so to fix the problem. Finding little niggling things that needed some fixing, but the bike had to be totally torn down to do it.

I going to put that tow rope at the top of the pack now for the trip to the Browie Run!:biglaugh: Nice work Tom is doing there, I can't wait to see it in person!

I going to put that tow rope at the top of the pack now for the trip to the Browie Run!:biglaugh: Nice work Tom is doing there, I can't wait to see it in person!

I was thinking along the same lines Brian! :biglaugh:

Looking mighty good Jim....well, not really good now....but exciting stuff happening, no doubt about that! :punk:

Wonder why no-one has ever made a hi-impact plastic replacement gas tank for the max? :confused2:

They have an ABS tank for the Vmax and it's even larger. Or at least they used to have one.
Sean

Didn't Boxenstopp have them for a while? Wish I could use one, but again the chain clearance issue pops up. With the 6" stretch I have room to expand towards the tire, which is what I will be doing. Don't lose a bunch of capacity with the notch, but with Toxic any loss isnt good:bang head:

i think iv'e seen the ABS ones, like $1200 tho right?

I have seen the BRM one which would be nice for the rust elimination aspect that Garrett mentioned. While the plastic tank is tempting, wouldn't having a custom tank made be better in light of the swingarm stretch? With a custom built one you could probably end up with a little more than 21L.
Although your MM would probably be happy either way!

Attachments

• pic_2.jpg
    pic_2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 2
For that price I may have to see how much we could fab a sheet stainless tank for or even sheet aluminum.

Sean

Back