UFO Exhaust Just Posted On Ebay

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sold $760...

Seller said reason he was selling is because he gets fined $125 for every infraction in Canada, since the system is illegal there.

:cheers:

If that's the case, then the seller is hiding something. Could be it doesn't fit right and/or leaks.

Mark

It might just be true. I put a Hindle system on my bike But I also kept the stock exhaust incase the local police give me a hard time.

Motor Vehicle Act
Motor Vehicle Act Regulations
[includes amendments up to B.C. Reg. 36/2007, March 1, 2007]

Division 7 ? Other Equipment

Equipment required
7.01 (1) Subject to subsection (2), no person shall drive or operate a vehicle on a highway unless the vehicle is equipped as required by this Division.

...(5) No person shall drive or operate a motor vehicle propelled by an internal combustion engine equipped with a muffler or exhaust system to which is attached any device which increases the noise of the expulsion of the gases from the engine or allows a flame to be emitted from the exhaust system.
[am. B.C. Reg. 29/59.]

Vehicle noise

27 A motor vehicle shall be equipped with an exhaust muffler which complies with section 7.03 of the regulations.

The opinion of an inspector as to whether the engine and exhaust noise is greater than that made by other vehicles in good condition of comparable size, horsepower, piston displacement or compression ratio shall determine whether exhaust gases are expelled with excessive noise.
When tested in an inspection station, the vehicle engine, any auxiliary engine and exhaust level shall not exceed Table 3 standards.
[en. B.C. Reg. 658/76, s. 2.]
Table 3

[am. B.C. Reg. 656/76, s. 2.]

Class of Vehicle Maximum Allowable
Sound Pressure Level
DBA
Light duty 83
Gasoline-driven heavy duty 88
Motorcycles 91
Diesel-driven heavy duty 93

Just passing along what he told me.

My Question To Him:

Item: YAMAHA V-MAX VMAX UFO 4/2 EXHAUST/MUFFLER (140120431383)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
spoilmykitty is a potential buyer.

How much will shipping be to 40385 zip code?
Also, did you have any installation problems with these like many others have had, and why are you selling them?
Thanks
Neil

------------

His Reply:

Item: YAMAHA V-MAX VMAX UFO 4/2 EXHAUST/MUFFLER (140120431383)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
yzf97 is the seller.

hi,shipping are $40 expedited parcel or $53 expresspost.for installation;i don't know,i sent my bike at the yamaha trader and i have not spoken with the mechanic but if you want,i can ask them.reason of the sale;not legal in the qu?bec,contravention of $125 each time.thanks

:hmmm:

:cheers:

Hmm, now that you mention Quebec, it is quite possible.

Back