UFO Vmax Full System with StreetPro? Slash Cut

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was out puting gas in the vmax so damon would have enough gas to get him through the stage seven tune and i made this vidio for everyone that wants to here a ufo exhaust reved up higher than 4000 rpms. I did a bunch of rev's for you. http://youtu.be/31xEvbnzPeE

I bought the UFO 4-2 slash cut coated black off ebay for $895, UFO Performance Products. He replies back on there and you can get them coated black if you want or get black pipes and polished tips. Also picked up a set of GP Slip ons for my Hayabusa from him. None installed yet. Vmax-Mike I actually watched your video on youtube while researching exhaust sounds and I was sold on the UFO. From videos, I think 4-1 is actually louder, but I like the look of duals.

ok i ended up ordering a set. installed it last week..... wow its deff loud but sounds good, makes riding the max so much more enjoyable, attracts alot more attention mabey to MUCH lol, install wasnt too bad. alot lighter also

C4x4rider actually 4 into two UFO exhaust is louder. I know you will be happy with your exhaust. I now have the stage 7 installed and it pull's like a freight train. And sound's like a v8 hot rod. If you dont know about the history of your exhaust call jon and ask him to tell you about it. This exhaust is blue printed for the vmax engine.

This exhaust is blue printed for the vmax engine.

I don't think so, :biglaugh:. Don't get me wrong I'm not slamming your choice in pipe. I'd say the same thing about holeshots, Marks, or Kerkers. Too many times the term "Blueprinted" is thrown out there in the wrong context. Now if every Vmax was set up in the same exact way, an exhaust could be custom built for that particular setup, but being they're not. You get a design for that type of motorcycle and options of mufflers. I'm running port-matched, milled heads and stg II cams. my bike is going to react differently to a set of pipes then a stock one would even though we have the same jet kit. An exhaust is built for an engine. measured, cut, bent and welded up. It has to be generic, otherwise the builder couldn't afford to build them and we certainly wouldn't be able to buy them without a third mortgage on the house. This is why the gains from a proper system to another proper system is very small on motorcycles set up the same. Sean, at one point, was dyno testing the same motorcycle over and over again, but putting on different pipes and tuning for such to keep the playing field level.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, just smart business. Practically every pipe builder does this. Plus, it gives the buyer the individuality of different muffler styles like Megaphones, slash cuts, carbon and titanium cans of varying length. I've heard several pipes with a different manufacturer's can on it and it sounds pretty sweet. UFO with a HMF can as one example, Kerker with a Supertrapp would be another. To build on that topic, I think it would be nice if the manufacturers would just sell the headers and let the buyer go find the muffs that he/she wants like the auto manufacturers do.

Now engines, can be blueprinted. This is when the specs of the engine are double checked and usually indicates a closer tolerance ratio than what the factory had in mind. The heads will be port-matched to match up with the exhaust and intake. The ring tolerance, say the factory specs are .002 to .005". A blueprinted engine's specs would be about .0035 to .0045". or looser depending on the build. The crank and Connecting rods, although factory they are pulled and measured to make sure that the journals are the same, the crank is balanced and the rods are all weighing in at the same weight.

Basically, everything is gone through and is made perfect. A lot can be gained by doing this. This is why you have stock-class cars at the drag strip that are pulling some majorly impressive times. power can be found just by smoothing exhaust runners and de-burring the intake and taking a few thousands off the head.

Unfortunately, outside of header design and size, there isn't a whole lot that can be done with exhausts on a normal person's budget (I'm sure John Force has a person to squeeze out all they can out of a set of zoomies). An old rule of thumb trick at the track was to put on the headers, bolt up the straight pipe or megaphone and spray paint the pipe. Run the engine and go where the line is where the paint didn't burn off. Pull out the saw and cut it there, cause the rest is overkill and dead weight. :)

Kj you would have to talk with jon yourself and than you would understand why i say blueprinted for the vmax motor. The UFO exhaust matche's up cyclinder's with each other in a way that other exhaust dont. and the UFO exhaust has other things done to it that make it blueprinted to the vmax motor. I dont think you could do big enough changes to your oem vmax motor to out flow the ufo exhaust. KJ call jon and ask the hard question's and you will understand the UFO exhaust better. Im not saying its the only exhaust blueprinted for the motor. Im saying in my opinion it's the best exhaust for making hp and torque for the vmax gen 1 motor And this is because of the way the UFO exhaust scavenges the exhaust gases. And the fact the dyno dont lie. And yes the tech thats tuning the motor can be a big part of the outcome. Jon dident get this done on a gen 2 not knowing what he's doing as a top tech drag racer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0H7AJbYEUQ

Mike, I think you're missing the point.
The Term Blueprinted, Simply doesn't apply to an Exhaust System.
It ONLY applies to the Motor as stated above by KJ.

So an Exhaust System simply Can't be said to be BluePrinted because that is meaningless when used when speaking about an Exhuast.
An Exhaust System can be built to produce desired Perfomance levels by tweaking design and testing which I'm sure what was done with the UFO Exhaust.

I think your getting the term balanced and blue printed mixed up with me saying the exhaust is blue printed to the way the vmax motor function's. Let's call it designed to the way the vmax's firing order fire's and other reson's like scavenging. Is designed an ok word for you MR DOUBTY MUSTAFA. I dident designe the UFO exhaust so if you want to know more about it call Jon and im sure when you catch him in he would be glad to tell you all about the UFO exhaust. He is a vary busy guy so give him time. for me it was kinda like waiting for gramma's cooking It took for ever but man was it worth it.

No, I think you're the one misusing the Term BluePrinted.
And obviously you are Very Defensive.
That Term Does NOT apply to Exhaust Systems period.
I'm Not a Doubty Mustafa whatever that is, I just believe in being Accurate when making statements about something.

If you read my entire Post you will see that I don't doubt that he UFO exhaust was designed, tested and altered until it Jon was satisfied with the Performace it delivered.
In Fact I personally Like the Look and Sound of your Exhaust in the Video you posted above and I'm sure that the Bike Performs very well when the VMax is properly tuned for it.

Here is some info on Blueprinting Engines for you:
http://www.eddiesperformance.com/blueprinting.htm

http://www.lingenfelter.com/page/facts-about-engine-blueprinting

Definition:
Blueprinting
In engine blueprinting, all the specifications are double-checked. Usually this indicates closer-than-factory tolerances, with custom specifications appropriate for a street car or a race car. The goals are either to re-manufacture the engine to the rated power for its manufacturer's design (because not all mass-production engines put out the rated power), or rebuild the engine to make more power from a given design than otherwise intended (because custom engines can often be redesigned to different specifications). Blueprinted components allow for a more exact balancing of reciprocating parts and rotating assemblies so that less power is lost through excessive engine vibrations and other mechanical inefficiencies.
Ideally, blueprinting is performed on components removed from the production line before normal balancing and finishing. If finished components are blueprinted, there is the risk that the further removal of material will weaken the component. However, lightening components is generally an advantage in itself provided balance and adequate strength are both maintained, and more precise machining will in general strengthen a part by removing stress points, so in many cases performance tuners are able to work with finished components.
For example, an engine manufacturer may list a piston ring end-gap specification of 0.003 to 0.005 inches for general use in a consumer automobile application. For an endurance racing engine which runs hot, a "blueprinted" specification of 0.0045" to 0.0050" may be desired. For a drag-racing engine which runs only in short bursts, a tighter 0.0035 to 0.0040 inch tolerance may be used instead. Thus "blueprint" can mean tighter or looser clearances, depending on the goal.

Just so you all know I call it a blueprinted exhaust do to the info that was told to me about the way the exhaust was designed and built Just for the way vmax motor function's.. No one told me that it is a blueprinted exhaust. Im saying blueprinted exhaust so to speak. My sorry's to all the literal people.

dman999 I was only joking with you about the mustafa part it comes from the kids show aladdin.

No one told me that it is a blueprinted exhaust. Im saying blueprinted exhaust so to speak. My sorry's to all the literal people.
No need to be sorry, in certain circles it's literally one of the most misunderstood and misused terms. People use and in turn, take it out of context all the time.

Kj you would have to talk with jon yourself and than you would understand why i say blueprinted for the vmax motor. The UFO exhaust matche's up cyclinder's with each other in a way that other exhaust dont. and the UFO exhaust has other things done to it that make it blueprinted to the vmax motor. I dont think you could do big enough changes to your oem vmax motor to out flow the ufo exhaust. KJ call jon and ask the hard question's and you will understand the UFO exhaust better. Im not saying its the only exhaust blueprinted for the motor. Im saying in my opinion it's the best exhaust for making hp and torque for the vmax gen 1 motor And this is because of the way the UFO exhaust scavenges the exhaust gases. And the fact the dyno dont lie. And yes the tech thats tuning the motor can be a big part of the outcome.

Actually, I did speak with Jon a few years back, then I got a screaming deal on my Kerker. So a UFO setup was considered at one point. I'm not pissing on your friend, so no need to get defensive.

Like I mentioned Sean is/was testing bikes with different pipes. Then he started to to test the same bike with the different pipes to compare them. (only testing of this type, I've heard of since joining this site)
Our testing has not shown the Dragstar to produce very good numbers. Some of the lowest HP producing bikes (with our jet kit) have had that pipe. The highest HP producing bikes had a Dale Walker Holeshot system, A Marks System, and a Kerker (all with 133-134rwhp).

BUT, unless tested on the same bike it's hard to say if the numbers will be the same.
And notice he's being fair by mentioning the different bikes.

Jon dident get this done on a gen 2 not knowing what he's doing as a top tech drag racer.
He's been around for a while, no one has denied the 8sec gen II pass. So again why so defensive. In fact there is a whole thread devoted to that very task. A lightened bike, slick, wheelie bars, a pro class rider and a little squeeze will get you some big results.

Take a deep breath, no one is pissing on your friends or your choice of pipe, there are a lot of people here that are running UFO parts. I say who gives a shit, its their bike, run what you want. But Kerker, Dale Walker's, PCW's, Marks, and yea UFO were all designed for the Vmax, and I'm willing to bet that they all have a crazy amount of R&D to get where they are.

Attachments

• 2MarksPerformance4-2-1.jpg
    2MarksPerformance4-2-1.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 21510PCW4-1-2  system a great challenge for all.jpg
    21510PCW4-1-2 system a great challenge for all.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 34
^ Only the last link really applies to a discussion of "BluePrinting" when used to refer to Auto Tuning.
The First two can apply to anything that is Manufacturered or Built.

But If you actually read the links posted earlier you'll see that BluePrinting (as you used it) is a term used in Auto Perfomance Tuning
and does NOT actually mean a Paper Blue Print per se.
Your Exact Words were:
This exhaust is blue printed for the vmax engine.

From the last link you provided:
Blueprinting an engine simply means to build it to some specification.
This could be a factory specification (for cars which must run “stock” engines), the specifications of someone’s racing engine or one of the ones listed in Peter Burgess’ “How to Power Tune MGB Four Cylinder Engines”. In other words, it is an engine built to some plan rather than one taken in with the directions, “see how much you need to clean up the cylinders and tell me what size pistons to order”. In its most basis sense, a blueprinted engine is any engine built to a plan. Ideally, this should be an integrated plan with all the factors of performance and use built in. You can build a fully balanced and blueprinted race engine, but it will be of little use as a daily driver. A more modest engine specification, such as .040” over pistons, crankshaft rod and main journals turned no more than .010” and a chrome bumper cam and duplex timing gear, is also a blueprinted engine, offering street driving capablility and, probably, meeting all emissions requirements (have not put the engine together yet, so do not know).

PS
I Hope you don't take this as a Personal Attack as that is NOT at all my intention.
I have absolutely nothing against you or any UFO Products.

I just like to see clear Accurate advertising for a product and I in no way see where "BluePrinting",
as used in the Auto Tuning World, can in any way apply to this exhuast System.

If that were the case that would mean that they were built within certain tolerances ( a few hundreds of an inch difference) of the VMax OEM Exhuast system.
But in reality they are Much Bigger in Diameter and Don't have the Collector Box that the OEM Exhaust has.

Like i told you. When i said the exhaust is blue printed for the vmax motor I ment do to the fact that Jon did his home work on how the motor's timing is set up and how he take's the front left head pipe and pair's it with the right rear head pipe and the front right head pipe and pairs it with the left rear head pipe so the exhaust system can scavenge better and make more torque. And the exhaust system has other things that Jon can tell you about. Or not. Im not in any way at all mad at anyone. I was just letting fellow vmaxer's that want to know about UFO exhaust that Jon did his home work and than the word blueprinted turned into a blueprinted motor :confused2:. I gave definition on the word blueprint and blueprinted Thats all.

I need to finish my exhaust comparison project! I still don't feel that his setup is ideal (the word you are looking for) with the Vmax ingition setup. Note that it doesn't fire with the conventional firing orider and 90 degree spacing. It's a very unique setup and simply trying to align the pipes with the perceived order doesn't make it create more power.

As I noted the highest producing HP numbers did NOT have UFO systems (though those bikes were at the same event). This doesn't mean that those particular customers had their bikes tunes as well as the Non UFO guys.

Sean

Back