UFO Vmax Full System with StreetPro? Slash Cut

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njwhit

Reaction score
Was contemplating getting one. Any chance someone here has had experience good or bad ? Does the center stand have to come off ?

I'd recommend hearing one in person if you haven't already. It is loud! I run a Kerker system with the comp baffle. It is loud, but it's not harsh sounding like the UFO. Just my $.02.

Best of luck, Shane

I just installed one two weeks ago. Yes it is a little loud ,but I was going from stock to the 4-2 slash cut. Now the more I ride more I like them.

The sound its self to me is pretty wild you can hear the snap of every piston working. ( sounds like a muscle car). I also installed a stage 7 kit. And it works very well.

The workmanship in them is an A+++. Installation was a breeze.

Steiny.

The 4 into 2 is exactly what I was interested in. I've had 4 into 1's on other bikes that I've played with the packing to change the sound. Small block chevy is what i've heard from a few different people as to how it sounds.

I have the 4 into to with HMF cans too. I originally put on the slash cuts last season. When I started it: It sounded like a helecopter landing in the front yard. it was crazy loud....I had to tone it down to ride to work in the morning, without waking the neighborhood...Nice quality and workmanship by UFO though.

I talked with the neighbor that is right next to my garage and she said the loud pipe's are ok. Repacking the baffle's did help tone it down some. And it still has the dragstrip sound i was looking for. Its nice the way i got it set up. At idle its alot quieter than it was and at wide open throttle it's nice and loud. I like the ceramic more than i thought i would. It dont get vary hot and keeps a nice clean look. Just to let you guys know repacking the baffle's is easy. Each muffler has one bolt to remove and it slide's out. Than all you do is wrap it with as much ss steel packing as you can and still get it to slide in. Than the hardest part is to get the bolt back in. But not that hard, Just take a little time to get it to thread through the packing. I used a bolt with a bigger head on it. Also the exhaust is alot lighter than stock. I gess what im trying to say is i am vary happy with my choice of exhaust system. And i know it will be even batter when damon gets a hold of it.

I called him and he picked up. Try him again and tell him you called marks to find out about marks exhaust and now your trying to find out about UFO exhaust. And that you need him to call asap because you want to install exhaust within the next 2 weeks and see if that dont light a fire under his ass. You should call marks and UFO and ask alot of question's. Both exhaust are great exhaust but for my liking i picked UFO over mark's. Make sure you ask Jon at Ufo to tell you everything he can about his exhaust because it is a work of horse power art Just for the Vmax V-4 engine.

I have it & I love it....anyone that rides w me would disagree. the fellas say I attract too much attention. you will have to remove the center stand but you dont have to cut the brackets off like w the Kerker. Dont get me wrong, Kerker w the comp baffle is a beautiful thing too. if you dont care about the neighbors at 7am when you go to work ...or better a Sunday morning ride.....Im sure they just shake their head. and think about moving :rofl_200: but Jon will call you back, sometimes you catch him & sometimes you dont. Ive talked to him a couple of times & he took the time to talk about everything that came to mind, even just regular ol bs. Mines black ceramic coated & (I guess I would have to inspect it again) but no problems so far w the coating. I kinda like the chrome though.....

I just cant get over how great the UFO exhaust look's on my Vmax. Every time i go in my garage i look at the UFO muffler's/ baffle can's and smile. The can's look so good on the Vmax it bring's a smile to your face. And sound even better. And i only paid $850.00 for a blue printed Vmax exhaust. Life is good in the Vmax palace.

Hey Mike, do you have the Classic Megaphone and what size end caps do you have the 2 or 2 1/2. Any chance you can post a pic.

Thanks

Back