UFO Vmax Full System with StreetPro? Slash Cut

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cotton did you do a stage 7 with that nice exhaust set up.

nope but i may have to sometime, the guy i bought it from already had installed the quad K&N filters and said it was jetted, by a shop, which it did seem to run a bit rich.... so i am assuming it has a stage 1 kit? i have added the vboost toggle also.

I like the look and sound of the 4 k&n filter's. I see you live in wheeler are you going to thunder in the valley.

nope but i may have to sometime, the guy i bought it from already had installed the quad K&N filters and said it was jetted, by a shop, which it did seem to run a bit rich.... so i am assuming it has a stage 1 kit? i have added the vboost toggle also.

Stg 1's generally don't have individual filters. To run the individual filters you would need air correctors for it to run right. Its possible your almost there and just need the needles, springs (stockers can be used, some even tie off a few coils to quicken the slide action) and a puke tank (can be made on the cheap). a quick check of the needles would let you know. In a nutshell, you just might not need to spend the full price of a stg 7.

I heard that as well KJ.. I'll let you know what my buddies end up doing.. Should be ready soon, although it's Winter here!! Jon's been great to deal with again! I know he can be very very busy at times but when we hook up he's always been there to answer any questions and I like the fact he's down to earth kind of fellow! I'll be glad to finally have a set of these Pipes! I know there's discussion on who's set has the best power.. But let's not forget.. The Sound that AM Pipes make. It just so happens, these are MY favorite!!
I ended up getting the 4 in to 2 UFO Megaphone's with the 2.5 inch end caps. Put a stage 7 kit and the 4 K&N's. Runs and sounds great. Hope to have her finished up this season. Just got a Fatmax Batwing fairing with a Air Dam and eventually will add the Fatmax hard luggage bags.

I'm installing the ufo 4 into 1 with ONE SLASH CUT MUFFLER now. The primary pipe from the rear left cylinder doesn't seem to totally clear a bolt on the top of the transmission case. Has anyone noticed any clearance issues with this exhaust? I'm sure I probably just need to make some adjustments.

I'm installing the ufo 4 into 1 with slash cut mufflers now. The primary pipe from the rear left cylinder doesn't seem to totally clear a bolt on the top of the transmission case. Has anyone noticed any clearance issues with this exhaust? I'm sure I probably just need to make some adjustments.

Say, how-many "mufflers" ya got on yer 4/1 pardner?:biglaugh:

I have a UFO 4/1, but it only has 1 muffler,:confused2:did I get cheated? That damn Jon Cornell!! No-wonder you-guys complain 'bout him!:rofl_200:Did you install the kit loose & then go for the final-depth insertion of male-female, and nut and clamp tightening?

And, my Dragstar doesn't really have much of a "muffler." It's more-like an internal-combustion sonic-howitzer!:punk:

Hehe I love the edit button...
I agree thats it's not much of a muffler. I just tell people I have strait pipes. Can't wait to fire this bad boy up.
I haven't tightened any of the clamps yet. I'll tighten them up and see if anything moves.

I think if you take a bit of time to tweak the rotation on the mid-pipes connected to the individual cyl. pipes you can gain the clearance you need. Jon jigs them on a frame when he makes them I understand. My friend Steve at Under Pressure in Dania Beach has installed multiple systems of Jon Cornell's and he said Jon replaced a rattling can 'no questions asked' after Steve contacted him and offered to send the offending part back. Jon said, 'keep it,' and sent him a new one, after two years of ownership by the customer. Pretty-good service in my opinion.

I have loved the sound of the UFO System, and your sound great! :punk:

I noticed watching your video one of you motor mount bolts for the frame is missing, or maybe you have noticed already? These things twist the frame enough, I would hate to see your frame/mount crack or break due to stress from the missing bolt.

Rock on with the pipes! My neighbors comment about it and I love when the Harley fanboys to look to see what is rumbling down the street!

Just loosen everything and wiggle/rotate as needed.
That vein said one of my rear down pipes on the old original 4-2 syten i have do touch the back if the Trans case anyway. It's no big deal and doesn't hurt a thing.

Rattling. The cans I have, which are the old style different than yours as the have a round can and two end pieces, and t go together with rivets. Certain style rivets when they're installed and the pin is popped let a small piece loose inside the can which can rattle. Gotta be careful what rivets are used or else pack the shit out if then so that piece cannot rattle.
I don't know about your though, didn't think there were any rivets on them. ???

Latest posts

Back