UFO Vmax Turn Signals

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think sean can get similar ones, check out his signal thread?

Yeah those are UBER generic. Everyone has them. They're pretty good. I'd check with Sean. He's better/easier to do business with.

I'd check with Sean. He's better/easier to do business with.

I saw this thread before anyone had posted a reply.....and I sat here thinking :hmmm: "I wonder how long it will take for Chris to reply and tell the OP to stay away from UFO."
Didn't take too long though! lol

I have the ufo turn signals and they work great, but if you have any issues after the sale I hear Jon can be a real pain in the a$$ to deal with, while sean on the other hand may be able to get you a better price for the same lights and he will answer ALL your question without hassle!

Richard

A little pricey I got the exact same ones from pythonmotorsports.com for less than $40. I think you can get them even cheaper through Sean.
Here is a couple of pics of mine, one of the rear signals and one in the garage after a showing a FZ1 how to do a burnout. The headlight is on high beam for comparison.

Attachments

• IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0157.jpg
    IMG_0157.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 68
I have them, I think they look ok... they work fine for a while then I had several problems. One is that the bulbs are called peanut bulbs (extremely tiny) so your not going to get them at just any auto store. The smallest blinker bulbs offered at NAPA etc...are too big. I finally found some so I ordered a dozen. Two: they blow out easy, been changing them like mad and am almost out of those said 12. Three, the lenses will loose a screw if you don't tighten correctly and will crack the lense if you tighten too much. That may just be me though!!. And if you can put up with all that, probably the biggest pain in the ass was the left over aluminum slag on the inside of the housing cut through the wiring. I had to disassemble them and solder the bulb contacts on three of the four blinkers. I have this under control now but when I run out of bulbs I'm changing them.

I have them, I think they look ok... they work fine for a while then I had several problems. One is that the bulbs are called peanut bulbs (extremely tiny) so your not going to get them at just any auto store. The smallest blinker bulbs offered at NAPA etc...are too big. I finally found some so I ordered a dozen. Two: they blow out easy, been changing them like mad and am almost out of those said 12. Three, the lenses will loose a screw if you don't tighten correctly and will crack the lenser if you tighten too much. That may just be me though!!. And if you can put up with all that, probably the biggest pain in the ass was the left over aluminum slag on the inside of the housing cut through the wiring. I had to disassemble them and solder the bulb contacts on three of the four blinkers. I have this under control now but when I run out of bulbs I'm changing them.

Just curious do have these or some imitation of them? I've had mine for many years and was rather impressed with the quality. The ones I run are the dual filament (so you have running lights) Here's the link to the manufacturer of the turn signals:

http://www.kandstech.com/index.php?page=aluminumstalk

and they can be had here also

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...fCatId=&mmyId=

Donno... I do know when you run LED's for turn signals they can be a pain in the ass, if the bike wasn't originally set up to run them from the factory. I think the aftermarket people have it figured now, but years ago we would have problems with flash interval times etc. They'd flash like crazy. I remember hooking up resistors and diodes to fix the problems. I finally said... what the hell are you doin? Went back to old school and no more problems.

Thats the ones. I ordered a set of dual for the front and single in the rear. They screwed up and sent me two sets of dual, so I hooked them up for more visual warning in the rear besides blink even though its ellegal in most states. You must have got a good set.

Attachments

• 1, Billet outside.jpg
    1, Billet outside.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 77
Thats the ones. I ordered a set of dual for the front and single in the rear. They screwed up and sent me two sets of dual, so I hooked them up for more visual warning in the rear besides blink even though its ellegal in most states. You must have got a good set.

Strange eh, that's a cool lookin tail ya got goin on there. Is that an NOS arming switch I see up by the bars? Have you uploaded any pics of your VMAX to the garage or gallery? I'd like to take a look see.

I had those same rear signals, not sure if I got them at UFO or Python or wherever. But yeah, generic crap, and they don't look very good on the bike. Much better off spending the xtra $ for some wedge base or mini-bullets.

Strange eh, that's a cool lookin tail ya got goin on there. Is that an NOS arming switch I see up by the bars? Have you uploaded any pics of your VMAX to the garage or gallery? I'd like to take a look see.

Funny guy. No self respecting vmax owner would fasten a NOS arming switch for all to see. LOL You gotta hide that stuff...like in the horn button. :biglaugh:.
Thats the switch for my programable vboost. but it does the same thing to keen eyes...scares them away. LOL
Havent loaded any pics yet, ive actually been a VMOA member for years but havent been on here in a while. Been lurking in the back. I'll post some up soon.

Funny guy. No self respecting vmax owner would fasten a NOS arming switch for all to see. LOL You gotta hide that stuff...like in the horn button. :biglaugh:.
Thats the switch for my programable vboost. but it does the same thing to keen eyes...scares them away. LOL
Havent loaded any pics yet, ive actually been a VMOA member for years but havent been on here in a while. Been lurking in the back. I'll post some up soon.

Funny look-in :biglaugh: Ya know I was thinking... the ones I ran where on a stock Max. Do you have solid engine mounts or a big cc engine? Most everything you've had problems with can be attributed to excessive vibration. When we install these we do away with any rubber dampening that most filament blinkers have designed into their mounts. Looking forward to those pics

WVxNitemare... Looks like ya got your fair share of opinions. Personally I just dislike the lollipop stock ones. These seemed to be a good almost like they belong there solution. Maybe we need to look at the way we mount them... might need some rubber in between. Good luck with your choice

No solid mounts on mine, its all stock on that end but I think you're on to something. Now that i think about it the problem bulbs were on the rear, its usually someone from work letting me know that i had a rear blinker out. i can see the front over the bars. Maybe my suspension is too stiff, and no there aren't any rubber cushion mounts anywhere on these like the stock lollipops. i might have to slip a rubber washer in somewhere. Also its the dual (large) part that breaks leaving me with blinker only. I save them and pair them up till one blows both. i never gave it much thought, but I still didn't care for the webs of leftover casting in the shells cutting my wires. i gotta stop stunting and jumping!:bang head:

I got a set about 5 years ago from ufo. I've never had to change a bulb or any problems with them. I think they might be different ones he has now. The bulbs are actually rather large inside mine.

Back