V Max vs Harley 48

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jester 42

Reaction score
Stock 07 VMax vs a new, stock, Harley 48:

1/4 mile:eusa_dance:
Equally experienced riders.:punk:

What's your prediction of the outcome?:ummm:
Any first hand experience?:confused2:

Jester 42

+1

Your looking at an evo motor, that is used in several of the 1200 bikes. Nice engines, They put out about 75 on the Tq and upper 60's as far as the hp. Being it's just a cruiser it's the perfect mill for it. Stock Max to the 48 in the weight department are about pretty close with the Vmax being a little heavier by about 15lbs.

Summing it up, it's a low 13, possibly a high 12 with the right conditions and rider. There were a couple of stage 1 evo powered bikes up here, they spent the day running 12.30's. He may get a hole shot on you, but thats the difference of being lighter and having the Tq below 4500. But, don't worry, it won't last long, You'll be up on and passing him, before second gear is used up.

Serious ? Won't even be close.......... With equal riders!

That front tire looks heavy... I like the look, though. Not as much as a v-max, and certainly not gonna be as fast even though it's about 50 lbs lighter than a max.

My 1200 Sportster is Highly modified and very quick for what it is. It'll hold it's own against a Gen I Vmax given a much less experienced rider.
Against CaptainKyle,,, the Torque may surprise him for a few feet....:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:Then The Fat Lady Would Sing...

I saw a guy pick up the front leaving a restaurant in Galveston on a 1200 sporty once. There's also a guy who stunts on one. That's weird to see.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I had a 91 1200 skirtster , first year five speed. It was sposed to be the fastest production Harley to that date. Top end was 105 @6200 in fifth gear , my gen I would have smoked that bike start to finish prolly without getting out of third gear !

As long as the Vmax is in proper running order it won't even be close... Kinda like a gen 1 Vmax trying to run a Busa....

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

i had a xl1200s that i recently sold, can't imagine the engine is that much better in the 48. the xl1200s would loose pathetically in a race.

love the vic judge but prefer the hammer. infact all of the victory range is nice. vmax will wipe the floor with a 1200. have ridden a modded 1200 sportster and was shaken to death whilst going no where, loads of noise but no go. they look pretty and sound lovely but thats about it for me and harleys. vmax makes you grin and your bits tingle.

Will a Mustang beat a minivan? Duh.

The Hammer is a nice bike, I'd have one over a HD any day of the week, but the Hammer S comes in at almost $19k....that's a lot of coin for a stripped down standard v-twin that doesn't even come with a radiator.

Same Evo platform. But, I think the 1200s was cammed different.

possibly. idon't see them getting the power of the vmax out of that engine without some serious work tho. and definitely not stock.

the "S" supposedly has a bit more pep, but cams and 2x plugs per cylinder don't get you 50 more hp. i bet the harley and the hawk GT would be a good race. until 70 or 80 at least at the harley vibrates to a firely death.

Back