Valve Cover Removal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devildog44

Reaction score
I am trying to replace the valve cover gasket on the front valve and I am having trouble removing the cover after it has been unbolted...is there a trick? It seems as though theres not enough room without taking out the radiator and hoses.

There isn't. I myself take the radiator right off, but not sure you really have to though. It gives more room for the reinstall, which is a little more difficult but very doable.
Steve-o

For front, take out screw holding vboost cable into bottom of servo motor. Also let radiator hang forward and take rubber heat shield off.

Mark,

Thanks I have a stage 7 so the vboost isn't connected. I was trying to remove from the right side last night and I think I need to remove a hose which I think is for the stage 7 and remove the cover from the left.

Ah, gotcha. I remove the air box and carbs when doing a valve adjustment.

I did it from the right side, and drained the coolant, removed water hose to head in the center of valve cover, water manifold too. Pulling the motor at next valve adjustment though.
Steve-o

OK finally got the cover out...now it seems even more difficult to get back on with the gasket! WTF!

Now I know next time I'm just gonna bring it to the shop and have the paid professional do it!

Does anyone know what the tan plastic plug is on the right side of the upper part of the motor by the valve cover is? That may actually be where my leak was from so all this may be for nothing!

nvm too late

not sure which plug you're talking about

i put the gasket on the engine then put the covers back on.

Now I know next time I'm just gonna bring it to the shop and have the paid professional do it!

Good luck with that!
They would probably scratch everything up. Then give up, and still charge you.

LOL...I'm local to Mad Max so I think this winter I'm gonna drop it off and have some motor work done by him anyway.

Latest posts

Back