Vboost problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawman504

Reaction score
Not hearing the vboost servo doing a self check when I turn the key. But it sure as shit works when its supposed to. Tried it several times today.

It may not be working though it might feel like it? Squeeze the control box under the left scoop and see if that makes the servo work.

Can u post a pic of what the control box looks like Sean?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Its under the left scoop..........remove the screw that holds it on and flex the box with key on.

Attachments

• vbooo.jpg
    vbooo.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 34
  • vboo plug.jpg
    vboo plug.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 30
Ok, i squeezed the box with my fingers and it started working again. Only problem is that sll along i thought my fuel pump was making the clicking sound but now i have discovered it was something to.do with vboost. So...even after i squeeze that box, it runs and clicks over and over and over. ??????

Open the box, remove the gel coat from the wires coming into the board, reheat the solder to establish a good contact again and see if that resolves the issues. The fuel pump isn't related to the vboost in any way.

Ok, i'll try that. May not have been real clear about the fuel pump. I just always thought thats what the clicking was from. I read a discussion on here somewhere about one of the gears being stripped out of the vboost servo. Could that be why it clicks over and over when the control box does happen to work for me?

The clicking is the fuel pump. Fuel pump relay and vboost are connected as both have an rpm sense wire that gets ignition signal from an ignition coil.

All i hear from the fuel pump with the seat off and my head down by it is the almost silent "whirring" sound of the pump topping off the tank. The clicking noise, i can hear from the front. Took the left scoop off and all the stuff behind it and i can see something (vboost i assume) moving and clicking. But i dont know exactly what the vboost servo looks like nor what im looking at in there.

Unplug the vboost controller and apply 12 Volts to these pins and see if motor clicks. You reverse the polarity to open and close butterflys. If it clicks in open or close position I would say gears are stripped. This is maleko's drawing.

Attachments

• Vboostmanualcontrol%20001_edited[1].jpg
    Vboostmanualcontrol%20001_edited[1].jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 29
You can also remove one of the crome covers from the manifolds. If you see the valves open up and then snap back, the gears are stripped. It should always be a fluent movement. I had the same issue, Vboost controller broken, which then stripped the gears.

Ok, thanks guys. Next question...what exactly will need to be replaced if the gears are in fact broken? Where to get the part(s) and I'm probably gonna need some help learning how to remove and replace.

You will need 2 items; GERARD VBOOST MOTOR and a Vboost Controler. I'm sure Sean Morley can help you on these items..........

Ok, thanks guys. Next question...what exactly will need to be replaced if the gears are in fact broken? Where to get the part(s) and I'm probably gonna need some help learning how to remove and replace.
If you still have questions by the time you get to Thunder you will be amongst a bunch of Vmax owners that should be able to point you in the right direction. There is also usually a tech session lead by Damon and Tyler who will be able to fix the issue or able to point in the right direction if it's too involved to solve in a parking lot.

That would be great Redbone. O keep forgetting thats right around the corner

Latest posts

Back