vmax faster?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't be a race... #1 it's an 88 and #2 it's got ape hangers which allow NO control of the bike.

Chris

If he wanted fast he should have bought the chevy truck in the back ground, its gotta be faster then the harley:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

he has a set of drag bars he is gonna use as well. What is wrong with the 88" ?

If he wanted fast he should have bought the chevy truck in the back ground, its gotta be faster the the harley:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

yeah lol that is what i told him as well. He is the typical harley owner - looks before performance. Should be fun the first ride out when all he sees is my taillight haha. The truck btw has a built big block in it and is not for sale.....

Nothing wrong with an 88, but that bike just isn't going to be FAST like we think of fast. Quick yes.

Even if it COULD beat you, you could always pull the price trump card.

In a Drag Race, my 1200 Sportster would kick his butt. My VMax's, in a straight up Drag Race would Annihilate him.

Even with your 50 lbs you should easily take him. I've owned and rode Harleys the last 25 years my last one being powered by an Evo 113"S&S that wouldn't take my 2005 Max. Have fun kickin his ass.:biglaugh: Mike

i think hes trolling us but ill go ahead and reply anyway

that race would be no contest.

That truck is sweet, the bike would be ok with out the ape hangers, and probably almost as fast as my sons power wheels truck

That 88 doesnt stand a chance! However, I became a believer that there are fast and quick Harleys on our local streets. Met this guy a couple months ago on a 07 Superglide that was bored out to 115 ci, performance cams, valves, intake, aftermarket wheels, exhaust, you name it. We did 2 1st gear roll ons and each time at about 125 mph he was only around 3 bike lengths behind me. IMO his HD was more faster than it was quick. Which surprised me with the 120 ft lbs of torque and 140 rwhp he was claiming:confused2:

We talked afterwords and all he could ask about my Vmax was....So what engine mods have you done to it? Nothing, it's stock :rofl_200: I better watch out this Summer. He's probably installing NOS on it since he went home that day with his tail between his legs.:biglaugh:

1st. Yes that red truck is sweeeet.
2nd . You will win
3rd You wont lose because it is a HARLEY.
4th. WE DONT LOSE FROM HARLEYS.
5TH. HARLEYS CANT BEAT A V-MAX.
6TH. IF you lose. i will put my bike on ebay action with no reserve starting from 1 usd.
7th. V-MAX RULES :rocket bike:

Generally speaking, the only time a vmax has anything to fear from a HD is if it's a v-rod with a turbo hanging off the side.

My '85 Magna V30 (500cc V4) would take an 88" fatboy. 20 years and 3x the displacement still wasn't enough advantage for the HD to even keep up. It's a cement mixer motor slightly tweaked for hauling fat lazy asses around highways. Vmax was built for the business of kicking ass, and last I heard business is still booming.

That 88 doesnt stand a chance! However, I became a believer that there are fast and quick Harleys on our local streets. Met this guy a couple months ago on a 07 Superglide that was bored out to 115 ci, performance cams, valves, intake, aftermarket wheels, exhaust, you name it. We did 2 1st gear roll ons and each time at about 125 mph he was only around 3 bike lengths behind me. IMO his HD was more faster than it was quick. Which surprised me with the 120 ft lbs of torque and 140 rwhp he was claiming:confused2:

We talked afterwords and all he could ask about my Vmax was....So what engine mods have you done to it? Nothing, it's stock :rofl_200: I better watch out this Summer. He's probably installing NOS on it since he went home that day with his tail between his legs.:biglaugh:
Or, if he has any sense he'll show up on a Vmax!:rofl_200::rofl_200:

Last edited:
I've seen a thousand threads just like this one before...at least 20 times a year since 1985...all that can be said has been said...over and out...:confused2:

Back