Vmax Vs zx14 drag race offer...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
400/yr for a ZX14 is awesome compared to 900 for my '06 Max...with no accidents/tickets (wuss, I know!) Blaine Williams

For 18K yeah ya can buy a busa and a shit load of aftermarket crap........
Yeah ya can own a busa or a ZX14 just as 984,988709 people..
Its all about "VMAX" ya say ya have a ZX14R and people are oh Ya tell em ya own a VMAX and they are like WOW!! You drive a ZX14 or Busa at a bike night no one looks at ya! You drive a VMAX to a bike night you have people coming over to you!
Keep your busa and zx14's if i had 14K for a new bike I would save the additonal for the NEW 09 VMAX!

If I wanted to race on a regular bases and be a weekend warrior I would buy a tupperware roacket over a VMAX..

Exactly! For $18k you can buy a busa and a zx14.

I feel that for that price they can keep it.

Anyone priced their insurance yet for their new generation Vmax?

I am paying $400 a year for my new 14 .

Far be it for me to argue with Yankee but bike spectators will gather around whatever bike they happen to like. From the shows I've been to you'll get your crotch rocket crowd checking out other tricked-out rockets. Folks who like the classic rides will be gawking at the Indians, BSA's, or Nortons. Of course, there's the custom crowd who'll be looking at the choppers or other one-offs. Folks who appreciate the Vmax and how it wraps sportbike-like acceleration in a great-looking cruiser shape will be definately be checking out all the Max's tho.

Blaine Williams
Ontario, Canada

Well I dont doubt you people up in Canada gawk at a factory busa or zx 14's on a bike night in Canada, you are different types of people up in Canada.
I am just saying not many people crowd around a stock sport bike here since there are so many.
But thanks for reporting in from Canada stay warm

Far be it for me to argue with Yankee but bike spectators will gather around whatever bike they happen to like. From the shows I've been to you'll get your crotch rocket crowd checking out other tricked-out rockets. Folks who like the classic rides will be gawking at the Indians, BSA's, or Nortons. Of course, there's the custom crowd who'll be looking at the choppers or other one-offs. Folks who appreciate the Vmax and how it wraps sportbike-like acceleration in a great-looking cruiser shape will be definately be checking out all the Max's tho.

Blaine Williams
Ontario, Canada

I agree with you. And lankee

Because of all those different groups admiring their bikes, they all stop to look at the VMAX when they see one

All of those people that lankee is referring to, they are the same people your talking about.

All those guys like their particular bikes and then theres the MAX and they notice.

The VMAX seems to be the only bike that will draw attention from every other bike group out there.

I/The vmax always gets attention/compliments from older people, young kids, non riders, people who have nothing to do with bikes, non HP/non gearhead type people, everybody.

No other bike gets the recognition a vmax does

Blaine Williams
Ontario, Canada

For 18K yeah ya can buy a busa and a shit load of aftermarket crap........
Yeah ya can own a busa or a ZX14 just as 984,988709 people..
Its all about "VMAX" ya say ya have a ZX14R and people are oh Ya tell em ya own a VMAX and they are like WOW!! You drive a ZX14 or Busa at a bike night no one looks at ya! You drive a VMAX to a bike night you have people coming over to you!
Keep your busa and zx14's if i had 14K for a new bike I would save the additonal for the NEW 09 VMAX!

If I wanted to race on a regular bases and be a weekend warrior I would buy a tupperware roacket over a VMAX..

Ya Don but now I have the both of both worlds! A 14 and a Max. The Max won't be going to the strip anymore though. I'm ready to go faster.The max is still a perfect cruizer and Harley killer and I will still ride it 2 up on rides with my wife.I just was not ready to seriuosly invest money to make it go as fast as I want it too.Dependability would also go way down.

Don't be a tuperware hater mang! Didn't you use to race one back when you were winning?

The only thing that i can complain about on my 14 is that it's fast enough that you can go to jail at any moment. The fucking thing will run 140 in 3rd gear! My reason for not buying a new max wouldn't be that I could buy two 14's or a 14 and a busa... It's that I could buy a ZX10, a Husky 610 supermoto, and fix up my gen1 vmax along with a pipe for my 14 lol. It's a cool bike, and it definitely turns a lot of heads... but it's no cooler than the gen1, and as fast as everyone tries to act like they are you'd have everyone trying to race you when you can't back up the douchebaggery that was started by other people.

P.S.- I'm in the process of trying to talk the local stealership into bringing one out to the track so that I can make some passes on it since I drag race with the owners best friend :p

Shawn has a good point...making a gen-1 Vmax into a track king will cost a lot...maybe even more than the Gen-2. And what happens to the character of your Vmax cruiser when you add all these crotch rocket bits and pieces (e.g. suspension, belly pans, wheels, fairings, electricals, R1 brakes, R1 front end, etc.)? Doesn't this turn your Vmax into a tupperware bike?

Just my 0.02 CAN funds

Blaine Williams
Ontario, Canada

Money wise it makes no sense in modifying a max for the strip at all!To add to this i do not care how much money you throw at it yo will still be playing catch up to the big bore sportbikes .I can not hardly compete with the new bikes that are slightly modify.OK but this is the flip side.There is no feeling like being in staging lanes at at sportbike dominated event on a modified max!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I was at mooresville in NC surrounded by at least 150 sport bike pushing it thru staging area.When it was my turn to go to the pit and the v four was fired the freaking place came to a stand still.People swarmed the pit the traqck all to see mr max,and when it blasted a low 6.0s busting a busa it was worth it all for me.I was greening form ear to ear on the 3 hr ride home on it as well. JOHN

Shawn has a good point...making a gen-1 Vmax into a track king will cost a lot...maybe even more than the Gen-2. And what happens to the character of your Vmax cruiser when you add all these crotch rocket bits and pieces (e.g. suspension, belly pans, wheels, fairings, electricals, R1 brakes, R1 front end, etc.)? Doesn't this turn your Vmax into a tupperware bike?

Just my 0.02 CAN funds

Blaine Williams
Ontario, Canada

No ,to me i do not care how much plastic you add to a max it still looks different.Nothing like a max! john

Ya Don but now I have the both of both worlds! A 14 and a Max. The Max won't be going to the strip anymore though. I'm ready to go faster.The max is still a perfect cruizer and Harley killer and I will still ride it 2 up on rides with my wife.I just was not ready to seriuosly invest money to make it go as fast as I want it too.Dependability would also go way down.

Don't be a tuperware hater mang! Didn't you use to race one back when you were winning?

LOL Shawn Yeah I accomplished my goals in racing with a tuperware bike back when I was in my 20's.. I am a bracket racer so it doesnt matter what I am on as long as its consistent.. Hell I went a few rounds on OL Fortune cookie dialing it in at 16's in the 1/8 mile.
You are correct the VMAX isnt a bike to take to the dragstrip racing in heads up or quick 32 fields, I dont care if you have a 1600+CC Turbo Nitrous Super Charger you will have your ass handed to you by an inline 4... Thats why I get so fusterated with this slug.. But ya know what,.. Its the fastest thing as long as you dont put it on a dyno, dragstrip or ride with anyone else on a 600 CC tuperware bike.. I still cant believe get stomped by a new Honda CBR600 over the summer:bang head:
Not hating on the tuperare bike Shawn your bike is sweet looking.. I am just not into going fast as I used to be, so I settle for the VMAX..

I owned some V-twin Harley clones but they do not have the feel or performance of the Max. My wife likes the Max for 2-up riding better than any Boulevard I've ridden. I still wouldn't mind a crotch rocket for those days when I'm feeling my 2nd childhood but I'm not going to try to make one out of my Max or turn it into some OCC wannabe.

Blaine

what happens to the character of your Vmax cruiser when you add all these crotch rocket bits and pieces (e.g. suspension, belly pans, wheels, fairings, electricals, R1 brakes, R1 front end, etc.)? Doesn't this turn your Vmax into a tupperware bike?

You can add plastic and still keep the Vmax's muscle attitude and have it not turn into one of the plastic fantastics.

Attachments

• VMax_c.jpg
    VMax_c.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 26
  • user163_pic556_1222004158.jpg
    user163_pic556_1222004158.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 32
  • user1931_pic214_1215885841.jpg
    user1931_pic214_1215885841.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Rusty's.jpg
    Rusty's.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 34
  • user776_pic776_1227464442.jpg
    user776_pic776_1227464442.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Just my 0.02 CAN funds

Blaine Williams
Ontario, Canada

I don't understand how improving the suspension and brakes on a bike classifies it as a "tupperware" bike. I would think improving the above would be desirable for any bike. Wasn't the original meaning of a tupperware bike, one that had a full fairing and side panels so you couldn't see any of the motor and very little of the frame? I've never seen a VMax done up like that.

I don't understand how improving the suspension and brakes on a bike classifies it as a "tupperware" bike. I would think improving the above would be desirable for any bike. Wasn't the original meaning of a tupperware bike, one that had a full fairing and side panels so you couldn't see any of the motor and very little of the frame? I've never seen a VMax done up like that.

Nothing wrong with brakes that work better. Suspension work is good too. My question was simply, how much of the original Vmax can you remove and still have a VMax? I mean, once you change everything right down to a V-4 engine and some scoops, is it still a Max? I sure opinions will vary or I may get boo'd right off the stage with that remark!

"Tupperware bikes" is another word I use for a crotch rocket; my take on this type of bike, in a nutshell, is a performance-oriented machine that is built/tuned for racing and handling. One could argue that many naked bikes are crotch rockets that do not require all the aerodynamics of fairings. This opinion may vary from person to person tho.

My comments are not meant to offend anyone's personal expression. There's a lot that can be done to improve a Max. If someone wants to take their Max to a level where they can compete with sportbikes, they wish to consider the less expensive alternative of just buying a sportbike!

Blaine "blacksheep" Williams
Oshawa, Ontario

I've got a spare set of Helibars risers sitting in my garage right now... shoot me a PM.[/quot

Thanks man! Got them today. I got to ride yesterday after work since it hit 45 degrees. That bike still amazes me everytime that I twist the throttle in any gear.The 4-1 muzzy sounds bad ass too.It is supposed to go back into the 20's tomorrow but I'll have them installed before my next ride.

Bawl's deserves some kind of generosity award!

Bawls, They work like a champ!

Now I just need to figure out how to stop sliding off the back everytime that I open it up!

... It's that I could buy a ZX10, a Husky 610 supermoto, :p

Husqvarna TE610 Supermoto?????:eusa_dance:

You're a man after my own heart, I rub one off daily thinking about that TE610SM or an Aprilia 5.5 SXV

For now the Ole' XR650L with street treads is doing the trick......Baby steps I geuss....

Back